Halo 4 Thread| The Pit Returns Aug.20

Would have to buy too much stuff to get this game, new controller (broke last one playing Halo 3 :lol:) and a gold subscription, not including the game. Really tempted though

GOD DAMN.

FORWARD UNTO DAWN IS GOOD.

WHY MICROSOFT DOESN'T CASH IN ON THIS MOVIE CASH COW IS BEYOND ME.

Last edited:
That's what I'm wondering as well. It's not like people wouldn't go see it at the box office. Between all the games, and books the groundwork is already in place. I'm pretty impressed with the way this is turning out so far. What they did with the elites was dope. I wouldn't mind seeing some grunts running away in fear.

This weeks Forward Unto Dawn was pretty good. I liked Part III better though. Next week's episode is the last one.

Seriously, they need to make a Halo movie. It's to the point where I'm at "Shut up and take my money." I'm really enjoying Forward Unto Dawn.

We need a movie! I can't wait for Halo 4.

Anyone else just super impressed with how nice the graphics are in Halo 4? especially since its on an 7 yr old xbox 360

Games looking really good. Gameplay wise I'm thinking Halo:Reach but overall I'm excited to get this game. Will be religiously playing.

[h2]
Announcing the Halo 4 War Games Pass
[/h2]

ir

343 Industries has announced the ‘Halo 4’ War Games Pass.

Here are the details from the press release that just went out:

[table][TR]
[td] [/td]

[/TR]
[/table]

With the highly anticipated launch of “Halo 4” on Nov. 6 less than two weeks away, Microsoft and 343 Industries today unveiled that there will be more content to come in the months post-launch, and the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass is your ticket to getting it all at a 15 percent discount. Stoking the excitement for launch, 343 Industries also premiered the gameplay launch trailer for “Halo 4, available now on Halo Waypoint.
Retailing for $24.99 USD[SUP]2[/SUP] (2,000 Microsoft Points), the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass confirms your access to three War Games map packs as they become available in December, February and April, and represents a savings of more than 15 percent versus purchasing the packs individually. In addition, Map Pass purchasers will receive two bonus in-game helmets, as well as a unique in-game emblem.
[TABLE]
[TR]
[td] [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Exploring new worlds and wonders, all three Map Packs provide classic “Halo” combat and exciting ways to experience the new feature-set of “Halo” Infinity Multiplayer. Descriptions and tentative release dates are as follows:
Crimson Map Pack (December release timeframe)

Maps: Wreckage, Harvest, Shatter
Description: Witness the chaos of a clash of civilizations in Wreckage, with its blend of claustrophobic spaces and dangerous exposures and venture into the human colony environs of Harvest, and explore a human foray on an alien moon in Shatter.

Majestic Map Pack (February release timeframe)
Maps: Landfall, Monolith, Skyline
Description: Landfall’s emphasis is on infantry battles against a glittering ocean on a distant world, while Monolith exposes you to the naked vacuum of space – and the firepower of opposing teams, and Skyline’s distinctly industrial feel provides new challenges in somewhat familiar, but occasionally confined spaces.
Castle Map Pack (April release timeframe)
Maps: Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition
Description: Daybreak is set in a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range, while Outcast plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice, and Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.

Also included in the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass are two unique in-game helmets (‘Scanner’ and ‘Strider’) that feature new geometry, and an exclusive in-game emblem (‘Falcon’). The “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass is included as part of the Halo 4 Limited Editionhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.h...bidos/ASIN/B0050SYEYK/34a6-20/][COLOR=#FFFFFF
ir

.[/COLOR]
Update: I’ve uploaded some concept art to my Skydrive

Crimson Map Pack (December release timeframe)

Wreckage:
 Witness the chaos of a clash of civilizations

Harvest:
 venture into the human colony environs of Harvest

Shatter:
 explore a human foray on an alien moon

Majestic Map Pack (February release timeframe)

Landfall:
 emphasis is on infantry battles against a glittering ocean on a distant world

Monolith:
 exposes you to the naked vacuum of space and the firepower of opposing teams

Skyline:
 distinctly industrial feel provides new challenges in somewhat familiar, but occasionally confined spaces.

Castle Map Pack (April release timeframe)

Daybreak:
 a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range

Outcast:
 plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice

Perdition:
 takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.

Click the links for pics.

SMH map packs already announced? You already started building the maps but somehow they couldnt be included in the box... OH...

Rumors of some remakes coming are flying around as well so I guess I cant be too mad

So this is like COD Elite then correct?

I don't like this, but I'm getting the game for $45 and $25 for the Season Pass would bring the total to $70 :rolleyes :smh: Still not happy about this though.

Seems like these game companies are just trying to squeeze as much out from people as they can these days.

I just popped in Reach earlier today to play... man within 20 minutes I realized by I stopped playing that crap
mean.gif

I don't like that riot shield thing they put in because people are going to use it just like they did armor lock and then when you're waiting for it to finish either the other team will show up and take you out or he'll regain his health.
I don't know why they're putting in something like that that will just delay you getting a kill.
Man does Reach suck donkey balls
mean.gif
sick.gif

I am so used to COD now that playing bumper jumper I was sucking the first 2-3 games and then I got back into the groove but that stupid ******g bloom with the DMR
mean.gif
I would have a motherF with his shields down needing one shot and either the bloom was causing me to miss or I would wait a little bit and then the other player would spam and kill me.
Got I hate Halo Reach so much... I can't believe people said that Halo 3 sucked... 3 is god like compared to Reach.
bruh who the hell is that in your avy

Wheresthebbest place to preorder? All the places I seen preorder goodies sucked....

I'm going to cop this game play it for about a week than move onto COD. Like I do every year. I did pre order it for $45 on newegg. So all :D over here.

I just popped in Reach earlier today to play... man within 20 minutes I realized by I stopped playing that crap :smh:

I don't like that riot shield thing they put in because people are going to use it just like they did armor lock and then when you're waiting for it to finish either the other team will show up and take you out or he'll regain his health.

I don't know why they're putting in something like that that will just delay you getting a kill.

Man does Reach suck donkey balls :smh: :x

I am so used to COD now that playing bumper jumper I was sucking the first 2-3 games and then I got back into the groove but that stupid ******g bloom with the DMR :smh: I would have a motherF with his shields down needing one shot and either the bloom was causing me to miss or I would wait a little bit and then the other player would spam and kill me.

Got I hate Halo Reach so much... I can't believe people said that Halo 3 sucked... 3 is god like compared to Reach.
bruh who the hell is that in your avy

Some chick I seen in the Booty thread :D 8)

Don't know her name though I just saw the gif and ran with it :nerd:

I preorder on that $15 off deal at Newegg, when do yall think we'll get the game?

NON-VISIBLE TRUE SKILL RANKING....
SMH. :smh:

Yeah the game is basically Halo Reach 2.0. These dudes copied a lot of stuff from Reach and COD.

No visible ranks means that I will get bored of this game within a month just like Reach. Did they not learn how the Reach player population went downhill fast? :smh:

It is like if Halo 2 had only social playlists. :x:x:x:x:x :smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

They also removed assault from the game and BTB seems to be only slayer. MAKES NO DAMN SENSE

Last edited:
SMH.
mean.gif
ehh, I remember in halo 3, I stalled on level 45 for like 2 years. So after a while, it really meant nothing to me. I prefer the insignia's
Nah man ranked playlists were where it was at. Even in playlists that I got stalled in I would still play because there was that motivation to get to a higher rank. I even played playlists that I hated like snipers and SWAT in order to try and get my rank up. It really should be back. People are just going to end up statwhoring now cause winning just means less than it should with no ranks.
SMH.
mean.gif
Yeah the game is basically Halo Reach 2.0. These dudes copied a lot of stuff from Reach and COD.

No visible ranks means that I will get bored of this game within a month just like Reach. Did they not learn how the Reach player population went downhill fast?
mean.gif

It is like if Halo 2 had only social playlists.
sick.gif
:x:x:x:x
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

They also removed assault from the game and BTB seems to be only slayer. MAKES NO DAMN SENSE
Quoted and enlarged for emphasis. Assault was the truth man, I dont understand. I really dont care that the majority of the population prefers Slayer over Objective but to not even include it is just dumb and a slap in the face to people who love OBJ. Worst tjong that theyve done hands down.

Last edited:
Why can't they give us something close to the multiplayer gameplay Halo 2 had? That was by far the best/most addicting game I have ever played. Spent years playing on it and just started playing Reach again the other day and it is such a let down (same with H3). Anyways if anyone want to hit up live on the new one my gamer tag is: TheLastEmper0r with a zero

The confirmation of the ranking system being Halo: Reach's just guaranteed that I WILL get bored of this game and will be playing Blops 2 all day after a few weeks.

SMH 343 clearly doesn't know exactly what we want. It's pretty clear.

H2-H3 ranking system.
BR done right.
MLG.
Smooth gameplay with better framerate.
Story line done justice.

The end.

On another note, Forward Unto Dawn has far exceeded my expectations, and I'm now throwing my money at the TV screen in hopes of a movie to be made.. :smokin (I watch it on my TV from YouTube on my Xbox so i can see it in HD and hear it in my Astros) Straight crack.

Anybody gonna wanna play when it comes out? I'm off the day after release, so I'm goin in.

GT: xTHHx Bazooka
^ Friends list probably full so just message me saying you're from NT

The confirmation of the ranking system being Halo: Reach's just guaranteed that I WILL get bored of this game and will be playing Blops 2 all day after a few weeks.

SMH 343 clearly doesn't know exactly what we want. It's pretty clear.

H2-H3 ranking system.
BR done right.
MLG.
Smooth gameplay with better framerate.
Story line done justice.

The end.

On another note, Forward Unto Dawn has far exceeded my expectations, and I'm now throwing my money at the TV screen in hopes of a movie to be made.. :smokin (I watch it on my TV from YouTube on my Xbox so i can see it in HD and hear it in my Astros) Straight crack.

Anybody gonna wanna play when it comes out? I'm off the day after release, so I'm goin in.

GT: xTHHx Bazooka
^ Friends list probably full so just message me saying you're from NT

THIS, THIS, AND MORE THIS.

I REALLY DON'T GET WHAT THEY HAVE AGAINST VISIBLE RANKING SYSTEM. HAVE THEY EVER STATED WHY THEY WON'T IMPLEMENT THE H2-H3 RANK SYSTEM OR WHAT THEY HAVE AGAINST IT?

I FEEL LIKE IT HAS A LOT TO DO WITH THOSE DAMN EXPERIENCE POINT BEING PROMOTED WITH MOUNTAIN DEW AND DORITOES FOR PEOPLE TO BUY THOSE PRODUCTS FOR THE XP POINTS. WITH A VISIBLE RANK THERE IS NO INCENTIVE TO BUY THAT STUFF TO GET THE POINTS. NOT THAT I WOULD BUY ANYWAY :lol:

Back
Top Bottom