Halo 4 Thread| The Pit Returns Aug.20

Just finished the game. While the story was really good, I have to say the ending was kind of anti-climactic. Also, while some missions were pretty long, the game as a whole was kind of short, only 8 missions total :/. The scene after the credits wasn't really too much either.

Is there more of an emphasis on alien weapons or can you play with mostly human weapons?

I've played and beat all of the Halo's on Legendary, but damn the way you're describing the enemies :frown: looks like it will be tough... I like a challenge 8)

I can't wait to play, but I'm mostly interested to play with some of you guys on here.

I've always suffered from playing with randoms and doing good, but my crappy team makes me lose.

Looks like all the multiplayer maps they've shown are big maps.

In that video posted the last page it states the game comes shipped with 10 maps.

I hope they don't milk us like how they do with COD :smh: with the DLC.

How does sniping feel?

I mean I know you haven't played against anyone online so it's hard to say.

Also, do you have to lead your shots like you did in Halo 3 or is it more like Halo 2 in which where ever the crosshair reticule is that's what you hit?

sorry to tell you but you should know by now that they always release more maps and make us pay for them.

Is there more of an emphasis on alien weapons or can you play with mostly human weapons?
Huge emphasis on Promethean weapons. You always start with human weapons, but once they're out of ammo you have to pick up a Covenant/Promethean weapon. There are barely any resupplies or anything like that (for human weapons). You most always start the mission with an AR/Magnum. You only start with a BR or DMR for like 2 or 3 missions, and you see the DMR ALOT more than the BR. I don't think I saw/used a Spartan Laser in the entire campaign. Used the railgun once, sticky detonantor twice, shotty no more than 3 times. The Promethean weapons are really similar to the human weapons though, and you get used to/learn how/when to use them pretty quickly.

Last edited:
This is the first DMR gameplay that I've really paid attention to and it looks way better than the BR. Bloom seems nonexistent and the superior range to BR easily puts it above it. I'd rather use the BR but oh well

Never used Jetpack never will, hate it.

i hate semi automatic guns or w/e
frown.gif

i sucked with the BR
I'm so used to it that I cant tolerate not using burst fire guns in other games. M16 in MW2, Famas in Rainbow 6, Type 95 in MW3, if I'm not using a 3 burst fire gun its almost guaranteed that I'm going to suck.

BR FOOTAGE I'VE SEEN STILL LOOKS BETTER TO ME THAN THE DMR.

THE ABILITY TO HAVE LESS PRECISE SHOTS WITH THE 3 ROUND BURST WITH THE SAME AMOUNT OF STOPPING POWER IS CRUCIAL TO ME. OF COURSE THIS IS ALL DEPENDANT ON MAP PLAYED. PICKING LOUDOUTS WILL BE KEY.

I WILL USE THE BR ON A MAP LIKE HAVEN BUT THE DMR ON A MAP LIKE RAGNAROK.

I just popped in Reach earlier today to play... man within 20 minutes I realized by I stopped playing that crap :smh:

I don't like that riot shield thing they put in because people are going to use it just like they did armor lock and then when you're waiting for it to finish either the other team will show up and take you out or he'll regain his health.

I don't know why they're putting in something like that that will just delay you getting a kill.

Man does Reach suck donkey balls :smh::x

I am so used to COD now that playing bumper jumper I was sucking the first 2-3 games and then I got back into the groove but that stupid ******g bloom with the DMR :smh: I would have a motherF with his shields down needing one shot and either the bloom was causing me to miss or I would wait a little bit and then the other player would spam and kill me.

Got I hate Halo Reach so much... I can't believe people said that Halo 3 sucked... 3 is god like compared to Reach.

is DMR the gun that was used on swat in halo reach?
nerd.gif
Yup. The only playlist where that gun was totally acceptable, all the things that were wrong with it didnt matter in SWAT.

I havent played Reach in months, cant even bother, I just play 3 when I feel like playing Halo.

I dont understand the hate Reach gets. I loved Halo 3, I love reach. The games are different but I adapted my style of play in Reach and I have a great time with it. Just like Ill adapt my play in Halo 4 and so on

I dont understand the hate Reach gets. I loved Halo 3, I love reach. The games are different but I adapted my style of play in Reach and I have a great time with it. Just like Ill adapt my play in Halo 4 and so on
I'll say that I didnt hate it, it just isnt up to par with what I expect. If it was the only Halo game that was alive in terms of population at this point I'd still play but I see no point when I can just play 3 whenever I'm in a Halo mood which IMO is vastly superior. I played it a good amount when it released and then when the Title Update came out, but it just couldnt retain my interest like the others did. Things like the low jump height, movement, nades, and terrible maps soured the experience for me most games.

I can definitely why people hated it though, they really changed way too much from what the core Halo experience is supposed to be. I expect them to add features thats a given but when you go around removing things, thats where problems start. 343 even took notice and added all the stuff that was taken out from Reach back.

I don't like that riot shield thing they put in because people are going to use it just like they did armor lock

I don't think it will be like that...the HLS only protects you from the front and appears to disperse as it takes damage.

I'm really excited for this game.

Got I hate Halo Reach so much... I can't believe people said that Halo 3 sucked... 3 is god like compared to Reach.

qft. Played halo since '01. Reach was a disappointment... the only thing that I liked was the campaign. That's probably the only thing I'll like about Halo 4 if i get it.

I just popped in Reach earlier today to play... man within 20 minutes I realized by I stopped playing that crap :smh:

I don't like that riot shield thing they put in because people are going to use it just like they did armor lock and then when you're waiting for it to finish either the other team will show up and take you out or he'll regain his health.

I don't know why they're putting in something like that that will just delay you getting a kill.

Man does Reach suck donkey balls :smh::x

I am so used to COD now that playing bumper jumper I was sucking the first 2-3 games and then I got back into the groove but that stupid ******g bloom with the DMR :smh: I would have a motherF with his shields down needing one shot and either the bloom was causing me to miss or I would wait a little bit and then the other player would spam and kill me.

REACH DOES SUCK BALLS.

BUT WATCH SOME HALO 4 GAMEPLAY. THEY DID A GOOD JOB WITH BALANCING THE ABILITIES. THE HARD LIGHT SHIELD IS NOT ALL POWERFUL, THEY CAN STILL TAKE FULL DAMAGE WITH A GRENADE, THEY MOVE REALLY SLOW WITH IT, IT DOESN'T LAST LONG AT ALL AND FINALLY THEY STILL TAKE BULLET DAMAGE THOUGH IT IS A LOT LESS THAN WITHOUT THE SHIELD.

I AIN'T EEM MAD AT THE ABILITIES SO FAR COMPARED TO HOW MUCH I HATED THEM IN REACH. THE ONLY THING I WISH THEY WOULD ELIMINATE IS THAT DAMN JETPACK.

IF YOU WANT A BAREBONES HALO 4 THEN HEAD INTO THE SLAYER PRO PLAYLIST. IT WILL BE BAREBONES HALO. THIS IS WHERE I PLAN TO PLAY IN.

YOU OK WITH SPARTANS GOING INTO TIM TEBOW MODE IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIREFIGHT? :lol:

will there be a way to get the gamestop camo skin?

my gf pre-prdered it at frys as a surprise for me :smh:

yea i can pre-order it myself, and then sell the frys copy on CL but I'd rather not go that route

My body is ready for this game, more of a multiplayer fan then campaign. Im like this in every game

MY OG XBOX JUST DIED ON ME LAST NIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A HALO 3 MATCH :smh: . HAD THIS THING SINCE THE ORIGINAL XBOX LAUNCH. I'M THINKING ABOUT GETTING THE SPECIAL EDITION HALO 4 XBOX BUT NOT SURE IF I SHOULD. DOESN'T THE NEW XBOX RELEASE HOLIDAY 2013?

I just hate how the load outs have taken over the "pick up your weapon" game that it was. To me, it makes the game operate way too different. The armor stuff wouldn't be so bad if the load outs were done away with

I just hate how the load outs have taken over the "pick up your weapon" game that it was. To me, it makes the game operate way too different. The armor stuff wouldn't be so bad if the load outs were done away with

thats only certain modes. Not every mode allows you to choose your weapon loadout

Yep that's another thing... Halo was all about map control and power weapon control to win with Teamwork.

I don't like that loadout crap either they should have did it like they did with Halo 3 where you start with an AR and then you find and pick up your weapon or if it's Slayer BR's then everyone starts out with one.

Back
Top Bottom