Harassment/Sexual Harassment at work. FELLAS, LOOK OUT FOR THESE TRAPS.

Fellas,

let me keep this SHORT AND SWEET. I know NT is a male dominated forum. And since this is the general forum, let me help some of you younger guys before you get into the workforce.

I am an investigator for the state of CA. I conduct and oversee investigations from people ALL OVER THE STATE. I'd like to think i've seen the entire spectrum of complaints.

DO NOT TOUCH WOMEN AT WORK. Do not touch women at work. If I knew how to say DO NOT TOUCH WOMEN AT WORK in every language, I would. I have seen so many women file complaints about men as soon as they get upset.... and it likely ends with the man getting suspended/terminated, etc. It never ends well for the man.

It's like the whole Avery thing on Making a Murderer. Whether or not a man is guilty, the fact that allegations are made against you is horrible. Of course, you can't prevent an upset women from doing anything, but please be smart.

If you have specific questions, please ask her. But, if you touch a women, it can be seen as harassment and/or sexual harassment. I've seen way too many good dudes that I know didn't do anything have their names dragged through the mud all because someone (typically a woman) become upset with that person. In a lot of situations, I see women performing badly at work, so their reaction is to file a complaint against a management and how their environment is "uncomfortable." Make sure your interactions are documented (if necessary) and make sure you have witnesses to protect yourself.

Make smart decisions fellas.. Just trying to look out.

This is exactly why I don't **** where I eat 
pimp.gif

I live in Houston, aint no such thing.

Srs. You have to go waayyyyyyyyyyyy out of bounds to get a charge here.

Sound advice. Next time when this annoying chick is in the stock room I'll just get out the way as a shoe box falls on her on accident.

I sell booze.
This **** does not apply in my field.

Be smart though fellas.

Common sense :smokin

Agreed, but sometimes common sense isn't so common. When you're having a good time at work, everyone is getting along.. people are saying bye, and you see people hugging, so you hug back. During the hug, the woman feels like you touched a part of her body that was inappropriate. She complains and your work life is NEVER the same. That will trigger OTHER women to think things like... "yeah, Mike touched me there too." Or, " I caught Mike looking at my breasts a few weeks ago and it made me feel uncomfortable."

That ONE hug leads to a complaint, which then leads other women to say you were touching them inappropriately, THEN you were eye f**king another employee. All of that common sense is gone and you'll be guilty before any investigation can happen.

:rofl:

Tell me more. Some fool whipped it out at the work place? In the break room? In his cubicle as the lady walked by? :lol:

without getting too much into it, there was a man and woman that went to a work function together. Older man, younger, attractive woman. They'd worked together for several years and had flirty episodes. Man thought it was more than that, so the conversation turned sexual... and in the car ride, he began talking about the size of his johnson. She played along, he showed her what she didn't want to believe, and that was that.

:lol: Nice

I understand that it's your job and you probably can't reveal all details cuz of confidentiality purposes. You definitely got make a thread or bump this one if you quit/get a different job one day.

I was fired from a part time gig and was on the verge of going to trial for an assault charge against a female co worker...we used to joke around alot I flicked her ear she punched me in my arm ..not in a friendly way I restrained her she lied and said I through her head on the counter...she lied in the police statement I ended up getting fired and had court papers filed to my crib..I had to deal with that dumb **** for lkke 3 months then finally she dropped charges..come to find she does stuff like often

Last edited:
Common sense :smokin

Exactly, you must be living under a rock to not know this by now. Almost all real life work environments have orientations for new hires about this. At some companies, you are required to pass an annual curriculum or lesson on harassment as well.

In actuality it ain‘t no joke. It‘s probably why people are fake at work. Once you get real and comfy is when you are either a prey or an accidental predator.

Don‘t over expose yourself and always keep it professional. I‘ve seen guys gone for language that were deemed threatening. They literally would not let him step foot in the building. His remaining things in the office had to be collected and dropped off.

Never encountered nor read about harassment in real life.

So what do you do exactly? Gather evidence and present it to said company?

HR conducted the interview in my experience. They basically take a lot of individual testimonials, witness accounts. Of course it all depends on the situation as well.

Back
Top Bottom