Has anyone here MET kobe?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

roll.gif
@ "more cowbell"

I SWEAR I read on here a few years back that someone had a shady encounter w. Kobe by a restroom urinal at a wedding or some %%+%....
I think it was re-posted from Lakersground or some @#@@. It was at a wedding and the nut followed Kobe into the restroom
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Never just MET him and introduced myself
laugh.gif
, but got a chance to slap his hand when he was running back into the locker room.

When I go to the Grizz games, they have a Lexus Lounge (similar to the one belle was talking about) and you can go back there to see the players walking to their buses from the locker room. You got have some special access to get back there though for the most part and I only go back there when I go to the games with my roommate. Everybody knows him in the whole damn arena because his dad is an NBA ref.

So, I've gotten a chance to greet alot of NBA players, but I don't get super excited about certain stuff so I don't act like a crazed fan when I see them.
laugh.gif
Its cool being back there though.

I remember the first time I saw Yao up close.
eek.gif

Kobe is that dude..... Never see jordan doing that

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

i never did
mad.gif
but my younger cousin and his coach has...his whole team were arranged to meet the Laker team after a Laker/warrior game here in oakland...only one parent of each player were allowed in the back...so aunt and my cousin got to take pictures with him and kobe signed my cousins bball and jersey...kobe also signed my aunts drivers license

heres my cousins coach...hes met him plenty of times

thats my cousin in the white Laker jersey and thats my aunt on kobes left arm
laugh.gif

they tell me kobe is a very humble and cool dude...despite what the media and zodogg says
laugh.gif
Your aunt got smashed. And Kobe prolly got her in the face (It is his "thing" NH)

You said 1 parent of each kid, yet shes the only on in the pic wit the coach and 1 other guy

And before anyone jumps down my throat it was a joke. I actually like Kobe, im no hater.

you act like this is the only picture they took...perhaps theres this is the pic my cousin had in HIS camera
indifferent.gif

westcoastsfinest wrote:

they tell me kobe is a very humble and cool dude...despite what the media and zodogg says
laugh.gif

Indeed.
pimp.gif

I would see the nonsense on here or on ESPN and be like...these stories of Kobe being unlikeable and arrogant and all this other crap has got to be fabricated$$+%%%%*.
eyes.gif

Got scrubs like Redick and McCants being completely over themselves and then Kobe, one of the best to every do it, being cool people and trying to acknowledgeeverybody. Respect.

And a lot of these stories have came before and after the allegations...so don't give me the image repair excuse.
laugh.gif

i was just talking to em this morning, i'll show em this thread. I think he'll appreciate it.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

roll.gif
@ "more cowbell"

I SWEAR I read on here a few years back that someone had a shady encounter w. Kobe by a restroom urinal at a wedding or some %%+%....
I think it was re-posted from Lakersground or some @#@@. It was at a wedding and the nut followed Kobe into the restroom
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I remember that... He snuck into the wedding & followed Kobe to the bathroom to get a pic.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Kobe had the Biggest
indifferent.gif
in the pic.
roll.gif

MisterP0315:
a lot of these stories have came before and after the allegations...so don't give me the image repair excuse.
laugh.gif

I'll give the image repair excuse, or not even image repair, but just making sure to make himself more available, more marketable, because ofthe unending benefits that come from being that kind of superstar instead of an unapproachable douche like Bonds or... well... like early Kobe.
badboyf0life420:
i met him in the philippines when he had his tour over there during his rookie year or maybe 2nd year .. and all i remember dude had a really cocky attitude..
Say word, MisterP?

THOSE are the kinds of stories I heard all the time back when I lived in Cali (moved out here in '01, so that was a good 5 years of time where me and Kobewere both Cali kids). Real reserved, real withdrawn, and whenever he was approached, it was like he knew one of your 3 wishes was being granted at that moment.And for many people, that's true, that was one of their dreams, to meet that scoring phenom who made the jump, to meet the reigning dunk champ, to meet theyoungest All Star starter ever, to meet the face of the brand with three stripes; yeah, that was the dream of a lot of people back then, but he ain't haveto act like it, you know? And stories like badboy's were storiess I frequently heard,

Now? Now we got pictures of entire youth basketball teams taking pictures with him, dudes posing with him a he's driving around, interviewing him in stripmall parking lots and what not. It's awesome, and I'm glad he changed that aspect of his persona... but it has definitely been a change, and saying'He's been like this all along' is a little naive, IMHO.

I'll say this: if Kobe... right now, the current guy we see on t.v. during games and off the court doing interviews on ESPN and what not and letting peopletake pics as he's trying to drive around or grab a bite to eat with his fam... if the current Kobe was more like this from the jump, I'd've neverhad any reasson to dislike him. I like who he is now, as both a basketball player AND a person (and that's the first time I''ve ever said that). Hedoesn't play like he's a one-man assassin (even if we all recognize that he can be), and he doesn't present himself off the court like he'sthis reclusive prodigy that has better things to do than be trifled by mortals who only dream of being in the NBA.

*waits for those 3 or 4 people who only quote me when I say anything remotely negative about Kobe, but somehow miss the responses I make that praise him*

Come out to plaaaaayyyy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rawjs

I met him in L.A. and he actually asked for MY autograph... I signed a napkin for him before I had to dip, but he told me he "would post the story on the S & T on NT"
laugh.gif
I've never met or even seen him in person either butit's good to hear all this good stuff about him....anyways, I got Deshawn Stevenson's autograph at the mall on the back of a job application and shookhis hand too...just walked right up to him and he was cool about it.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I met Bobby Jackson at the AT&T store. The guy is dumb as bricks and couldnt figure out how to use his phone
laugh.gif
That is what you are basing his intelligence on? How he didn't know how to use a phone?

I met Kobe and Andres Biedrins at a club in SF.. Kobe had a table with his 2 security gaurds and a bunch of asian girls
laugh.gif
in the hip hop section.
Biedrins had no table and was tryna get at every girl in sight. Dude had a security gaurd that was like a 5'6 russian

I saw the whole lakers team last year when they were in Boston to play the Celtics. The night before the game they came to the movie theater I worked at andwatched "Taken".

Kobe came in like 10 minutes before the rest of the team surrounded by a group of guys in suits, I assume it was team personel or bodyguards, not really sure.He made them go get him popcorn and soda.

Then the rest of team came in and Walton, Farmar, and Gasol went up to the concession stand to get their own popcorn. Just found it funny Kobe wouldn't goup to the concessions stand himself.

I am a devoted Celtics fan so I wasn't very star struck, just by Kobe because he is a legitimate celebrity and icon in society.

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

I saw the whole lakers team last year when they were in Boston to play the Celtics. The night before the game they came to the movie theater I worked at and watched "Taken".

Kobe came in like 10 minutes before the rest of the team surrounded by a group of guys in suits, I assume it was team personel or bodyguards, not really sure. He made them go get him popcorn and soda.

Then the rest of team came in and Walton, Farmar, and Gasol went up to the concession stand to get their own popcorn. Just found it funny Kobe wouldn't go up to the concessions stand himself.

I am a devoted Celtics fan so I wasn't very star struck, just by Kobe because he is a legitimate celebrity and icon in society.

Maybe he'll take after Jordan's personality off the court too...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by SiccWittit33

has anyone met LeBron???
Yeah. Saks Fifth Ave. in Beachwood Mall. He was chill as hell. Didn't even feel the need to ask for an auto or picture (didn't reallywant one).

My dad and grandpop are really good friends with kobes dad from his time here in philly....So ive met kobe 2times.....in highschool he worked out at stjoesalot and we happen to live around the corner from st.joes

but kobe is a cool dude

I seen Keon Clark in Danville he gotta be broke %$* hell cuz he was rotatin around like a average ol' N, I didnt even know it was him for a minute

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

I seen Keon Clark in Danville he gotta be broke %$* hell cuz he was rotatin around like a average ol' N, I didnt even know it was him for a minute

roll.gif
Why you gotta say all that now?
roll.gif

met oj mayo new years eve at fashion square mall real nice just walked up and dapped him and kept it movin
pimp.gif

http://niketalk.com/topic/228092?page=1
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I met Bobby Jackson at the AT&T store. The guy is dumb as bricks and couldnt figure out how to use his phone
laugh.gif
That is what you are basing his intelligence on? How he didn't know how to use a phone?
Naw man, just the convo he was having with the sales rep was
laugh.gif

You know that DUMB Things You've Seen or Heard Vol. Damn, Are People THAT Dumb? thread. The entire Q & A he washaving would have been worthy in this thread.

I've met KG twice, Alonzo Mourning, Shawn Bradley, Charles Barkley, Bone Thugs & Harmony....
laugh.gif
It was good times workin at Nike back in the day.

I literally was buyin a pair of Chuck's shoes when he came thru the door straight off the golf course. I said "buyin your shoes man" and he justnodded and said "they pretty good"
laugh.gif

Bone Thugs were the best though, cussin across the store, askin if they had to pay for this @#$%.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom