HBO SERIES SUCCESSION..... OH......SO NOW YALL TRYNA HOP ON THE BANDWAGON

random thoughts:

-Kieran 100000% deserves an Emmy for this performance
-pregnant Shiv looking right
-Greg riding his bike to the funeral and begging for a meeting the Mencken while dripping in sweat :lol:
-I don’t think any of the kids end up becoming CEO. I think Mencken and Matsson are gonna screw them

My ideal outcome is that none of the kids "win". None of them deserve it and they are all. I think that we're going to get a curveball ending in my prediction is that Mattson is able to close the deal and names Tom the US CEO

It's not like they're not rich without it

Look at Connor, he's just throwing around $100 mil, money for Logan's crib.....

They have a serious parachute even if they "fail". Them failing is getting Matsson's money.

Absentee father or not, you shouldn’t prevent the kids from going to their Grandfather’s funeral. It’s not like Kendall was trying to take them to a Knicks game. It was his father’s funeral.

It probably was their choice and they didn't want to go. Funerals are often forced on young kids.

It was their grandfather, but they had a distant at best relationship. Logan didn't have a loving relationship with his own children.

It's not like they're not rich without it

Look at Connor, he's just throwing around $100 mil, money for Logan's crib.....

They have a serious parachute even if they "fail". Them failing is getting Matsson's money.

Of course. No outcome is bad for them. Even the worst case scenario leaves them each with billions of dollars. But for these characters, that isn't the point. If all they cared about was money then they would have been behind the deal and just taken Mattson's money.

They would be richer if they take the Mattson deal but the reason they are so against it is because all of their power is derived from owning this big media conglomerate. The reason they had access to politicians, CEOs and other power players was because their family owned Waystar. Without the power that comes with owning the company, they just become powerless heirs with no influence.

From this scene, you see that more money will not change their lives in any practical way but the kids would be rudderless and powerless without the company.

It's similar to the Donald Sterling situation where he was forced to sell the Clippers. Of course he was angry because he didn't want to sell the team but at the end of the day he bought the Clippers for $12.5M and sold it for $2.2B, he's rich anyway but he would still rather own the team because it gave him power and influence and for people like that power is more important than money

Last edited:
No outcome is bad for them.
I mean, one outcome ( i really would like to see) would be Kendall going to jail for covering/being responsible for the death of server buddy. Shiv loosing the child. Roman being outed as a creep/sexual harasser. All of them being exposed for the despicable grifters and far right enablers, pieces of **** they are.
They'd indeed still be billionaires but very miserable though.

Interesting IG that tracks the close that each character wears.

The costume designer on the show wanted to embody "stealth wealth". The whole idea is that these characters are wearing everyday clothes without logos are branding that are incredibly expensive ($1000 brandless hoodies or $500 plain tees) . The whole idea is that They can wear incredibly expensive clothes but because they are old, established money it would be uncouth to be flashy about it.

You contrast that with some of the other characters who don't come from wealth on the show. In the first episode of the season, Greg brings a date who wears a very gaudy Louis Vuitton bag with logos all over it and then Tom makes fun of her.

Last edited:
I understand all of the political implications. It’s just weird because she’s acting like Menchken is about to round up her kids and send them to a prison camp. It just feels very performative. Her family isn’t in any real danger.

I don’t think She was scared of Mencken. She’s scared of protestors on the streets. Didn’t someone mess with the daughter a couple days prior to this?

Rava probably thought **** was gonna go down with the funeral taking the place the morning after ATN called the election for Mencken.

right. this is what i meant by the repercussions.

his daughter was upset and scared because i think she was bullied at school because of her family's political alignment

ken almost made a promise to his wife and kids not to worry about him winning

rava was pissed because she knows how much power the family has and looks at ken like how could you let this happen knowing what the fallout woud be. plus the protestors in the streets would be especially targeting the funeral location of the super right wing logan roy

you can see ken realizing she was right when they started boarding up the windows of the stores but he was more worried about how it would look that his kids werent at their grandfathers funeral.

It probably was their choice and they didn't want to go. Funerals are often forced on young kids.

It was their grandfather, but they had a distant at best relationship. Logan didn't have a loving relationship with his own children.

I’m of the opinion you show up for family regardless.

They have the ability to just whisk away to upstate because of this grandfather. Don’t enjoy all the perks that come from being tied to ATN and then cry wolf afterwards.

When Rava & the kids were actually being followed around by Logan’s people when Kendall decided not to take the fall for Logan, Rava sidn’t feel the need to “escape upstate.”

I’m of the opinion you show up for family regardless.

They have the ability to just whisk away to upstate because of this grandfather. Don’t enjoy all the perks that come from being tied to ATN and then cry wolf afterwards.

When Rava & the kids were actually being followed around by Logan’s people when Kendall decided not to take the fall for Logan, Rava sidn’t feel the need to “escape upstate.”

Ehh, I get what you're saying but at the end of the day a parent should do what's best for their kids.

If your kids are being harassed at school and they are genuinely freaked out over the impact this election might have on their lives their parent shouldn't "well you need to go to the funeral for your abusive, racist grandfather that you weren't close with because he is the reason you live this nice lifestyle".

They're literal protests in the streets blocks away from where they live. I think it's totally understandable for Rava to want to get out of town for awhile

There’s nothing stealth wealth about Loro Piana or Cucinelli. You’re just speaking to a different audience.

In the context of time, it was the morning after the Election and the only place they had to be was the Funeral. The kids weren’t going to school or going to be anywhere near the protest.

On top of that upstate NY is worst than the city when it comes to red leaning towns and individuals.

So is she going to just home school them moving forward?

There could of been ulterior motives but at the funeral they are moving around other folks and upsate they would be sequestered in the crib. Shorty got hemmed up at school or on her way so they way were trying to get away from people. Either way itt's really not that deep of a subject as it relates to the show :lol:

I mean, one outcome ( i really would like to see) would be Kendall going to jail for covering/being responsible for the death of server buddy. Shiv loosing the child. Roman being outed as a creep/sexual harasser. All of them being exposed for the despicable grifters and far right enablers, pieces of **** they are.
They'd indeed still be billionaires but very miserable though.

You just want the world to world bruh. God damb :lol:

There’s nothing stealth wealth about Loro Piana or Cucinelli. You’re just speaking to a different audience.
I literally have that Tom Ford Polo in white and I am sure some people think it's just J. Crew or something :lol: . I don't have THAT Brioni suit but the most viewers of that show aren't going to think it is anywhere near $11,500. By stealth wealth they just essentially mean pieces that appear to be basic but are made by luxury brands with higher quality fabrics and construction

I literally have that Tom Ford Polo in white and I am sure some people think it's just J. Crew or something :lol: . I don't have THAT Brioni suit but the most viewers of that show aren't going to think it is anywhere near $11,500. By stealth wealth they just essentially mean pieces that appear to be basic but are made by luxury brands with higher quality fabrics and construction

Exactly. There is nothing stealth about the ultra luxury brands they are wearing. The stealth portion of it comes from the fact that that Kendall's polo looks like it could be $50, not $500 or that hoodie looks like it could cost $100 not $1300 because. The only reason you know that shirt and that hoodie are from those ultra luxury brands is because someone looked it up online and gave you the information, if he saw someone walking down the street with that on you wouldn't immediately identify what brand it is

There are no flashy logos or immediate identifiers of what brand it is. You contrast that with new money people who signal their wealth with logos and branding.

Last edited:
The ultimate ending would be for Logan Roy's kids to **** up his empire, and have Waystar taking out of family control. I hope that's what happens to those piece of **** kids. Although they'll still be wealthy, the realization that they gave away Daddy's empire because of their ineptness would haunt them for life. In death, he'll still be telling how useless they are, and to **** off. Never getting daddy's approval :lol:

1684948155846.png

1684948173034.png

In thinking about it, Mattson agreeing to a US CEO and appointing Greg would be the biggest FU to the Roys. Tom would be an FU as well and would be the more likely pick because he has experience but Greg would be funnier :lol:

The ultimate ending would be for Logan Roy's kids to **** up his empire, and have Waystar taking out of family control. I hope that's what happens to those piece of **** kids. Although they'll still be wealthy, the realization that they gave away Daddy's empire because of their ineptness would haunt them for life. In death, he'll still be telling how useless they are, and to **** off. Never getting daddy's approval :lol:

I think this is the most likely ending although I'm not exactly sure how it will play out or who will run the company but I don't think it will be one of the kids.

The show was big on the idea of Logan being multiple steps ahead of the kids. The show always hammered home that Logan always wins.

He sold the company, in part, because he realized that none of his kids were qualified to run the company and he thought Mattson would do a better job.

The episode before he died, he basically told his kids that he didn't believe in them and that they "were not serious people".

I think in the end Logan is still going to win from beyond the grave, I'm just not sure how yet

The sad reality is that the kids will win no matter what. As Ken said they are still rich and will be more so if the deal goes through. Rich people don’t lose. Even if they lose Waystar or don’t get to become CEO they will start other ventures with the billions they have.

Back
Top Bottom