Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
USA! USA! USA! USA!
FF9Od7FXMAAEm9Q.jpeg

The study began when researchers led by Harvard health policy researcher Michael Barnett took note of the sharp increase in prescriptions for ivermectin during the pandemic despite evidence that the drug is ineffective at treating COVID-19. The researchers set out to see if prescription levels could be linked with county-level political voting patterns in the 2020 US presidential election. For comparison, they also looked at the prescribing patterns for another antiparasitic drug called albendazole as well as the immunosuppressive drug methotrexate.

Barnett and colleagues reviewed medical claims from more than 18.5 million adults to assess prescribing practices in counties across the US from January 2019 to December 2020. They then sorted counties into four groups based on their share of Republican votes, with the first quartile having the lowest share of Republican votes and the fourth having the highest

Overall ivermectin prescribing increased 964 percent in December 2020 compared with prepandemic prescription levels in 2019. But those December 2020 prescriptions weren't evenly distributed; the counties with the highest shares of Republican votes had the highest levels of ivermectin prescribing. In fact, the higher the share of Republican votes in a county, the higher the level of ivermectin prescribing.

The authors saw a similar pattern with hydroxychloroquine after the Food and Drug Administration revoked an emergency use authorization for use against COVID-19 in March 2020. Use of the immunosuppressive drug increased in the later half of 2020, with the highest prescribing in counties with the highest shares of Republican votes. Meanwhile, there were no such politically linked trends or changes in prescription levels for the two control drugs, methotrexate and albendazole.

Yea….I denied every Ivermectin script for COVID. Plenty of arguments with the prescribers too. There’s a pattern with these type of prescribers, most of them are real old school in their ways of thinking, more of a ego contest with them.
I've brought him up here in the past, but the (now former) director of Family Medicine at my hospital was a lunatic conspiracy theorist. Between the vaccine mandate and him not being able to prescribe Ivermectin to his patients he decided to step down from the role and lose all of his privileges at the hospital. He made for some interesting conversations at times, but I'd be lying if I said I miss him.

In other news:

Funny because COVID also increases the risk of erectile dysfunction by approximately 500%, which makes the unfounded claims of the vaccine's impact on fertility even more ridiculous.

But why worry about reality when you can get bogged down on baseless hypotheticals instead?

my son's school stopped mandatory masks during any activities outside. they also stopped separating the kids by cohort during recess. my wife gave him the choice to mask up on the playground and he declined :lol:
this past weekend at the beach, some lady brought her kid and sat next to my wife just to make small talk and look at the fish we had in our bucket. i was surprised my wife didn't tell her to beat it.
looks like things here are creeping back to normal.

my son's school stopped mandatory masks during any activities outside. they also stopped separating the kids by cohort during recess. my wife gave him the choice to mask up on the playground and he declined :lol:
this past weekend at the beach, some lady brought her kid and sat next to my wife just to make small talk and look at the fish we had in our bucket. i was surprised my wife didn't tell her to beat it.
looks like things here are creeping back to normal.

Principal at my kids' school just informed teachers this morning that students who refuse to wear masks can stay in class. So I guess this means that rules are only a suggestion now? Considering that every wave has been bigger than the one before it, I simply don't understand the misconception that somehow the pandemic is over, or even on it's way out. Makes no damn sense.

i'm ok with what my son's school is doing for the most part except for blending all the kids together at recess again. they still have to wear masks indoors but even for third graders, i know they run wild on the playground. at least they still separate by grade and do pretty heavy testing. i think every kid in the school gets tested at least 1x/month if not more often. my wife just ordered more rapid tests and masks so i know it ain't over.

i'm ok with what my son's school is doing for the most part except for blending all the kids together at recess again. they still have to wear masks indoors but even for third graders, i know they run wild on the playground. at least they still separate by grade and do pretty heavy testing. i think every kid in the school gets tested at least 1x/month if not more often. my wife just ordered more rapid tests and masks so i know it ain't over.

Your school is doing alot compared to ours. All year there have been NO cohorts, NO outdoor masking, and NO testing unless known exposure. It used to be that students who had school exposure needed to "test to stay" but they did away with that and now testing is only required if a student has symptoms or has known exposure at home, so they basically turned it into the honor system for everything with them quietly allowing kids to stay in class unmasked without fully announcing it.

Back
Top Bottom