HINDU NTers: Can You Explain This Pic For Me? Warning: Graphic but Very Interesting

sorry but hindus/middle easterns/ muslims/etc. scare the crap out of me
not scare but....kinda disgust me for some reason
1. race
2. given the ignorance of his comment, you don't think he's referring to those "brown" people?

we all know the code words and what is really meant by them.

1. race
2. given the ignorance of his comment, you don't think he's referring to those "brown" people?

I don't understand how some individuals can disrespect others beliefs. I was raised in a strict Catholic family but was always told to respect other peoples beliefs and religions. Just because they believe in something that is unfamiliar to you, it does not make it wrong or "evil."

I don't understand how some individuals can disrespect others beliefs. I was raised in a strict Catholic family but was always told to respect other peoples beliefs and religions. Just because they believe in something that is unfamiliar to you, it does not make it wrong or "evil."

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

1. race

from what he has said, it seems like he is ignorant of other religions.  he grouped hindus with muslims and and the middle east.  he is referring to those brown people, but not out of racism.

Originally Posted by King of Chicago

I don't see why we have to respect someone's beliefs when their beliefs are wrong.  By respecting them, you're just reinforcing their views when they're wrong and detrimental to society.  If you say I have to respect your beliefs, then I'd say you have to respect Osama Bin Laden's beliefs.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

1. race

from what he has said, it seems like he is ignorant of other religions.  he grouped hindus with muslims and and the middle east.  he is referring to those brown people, but not out of racism.

Originally Posted by King of Chicago

I don't see why we have to respect someone's beliefs when their beliefs are wrong.  By respecting them, you're just reinforcing their views when they're wrong and detrimental to society.  If you say I have to respect your beliefs, then I'd say you have to respect Osama Bin Laden's beliefs.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

laugh.gif
& who are you to judge if someone's beliefs are wrong or not?
laugh.gif
@ this whole thread

laugh.gif
& who are you to judge if someone's beliefs are wrong or not?
laugh.gif
@ this whole thread

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by PolarBear LaFlare

i was brought up in a very religious catholic family, so i was always taught that those religions were always "bad" and their gods were false, sorry.

roll.gif
@ the irony.

The real irony is that god doesn't exist and that religion is trash.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

i was brought up in a very religious catholic family, so i was always taught that those religions were always "bad" and their gods were false, sorry.

roll.gif
@ the irony.

The real irony is that god doesn't exist and that religion is trash.

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

ya'll taking this to a whole nother level
laugh.gif

bruh you just referred to more than half of the world's populations as disgusting and bad-smelling.

i think your family has been taking this to a whole nother level for much too long.

there is a big world out there, and apparently you are not equipped to survive outside of a very small part of it.

your family appears to have done this to you on purpose, so if i were you i'd start asking them some questions.
QFT.

A whole other level??

You sir, are hopeless.

Do yourself a favor and end your misery
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

ya'll taking this to a whole nother level
laugh.gif

bruh you just referred to more than half of the world's populations as disgusting and bad-smelling.

i think your family has been taking this to a whole nother level for much too long.

there is a big world out there, and apparently you are not equipped to survive outside of a very small part of it.

your family appears to have done this to you on purpose, so if i were you i'd start asking them some questions.
QFT.

A whole other level??

You sir, are hopeless.

Do yourself a favor and end your misery
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

skipping over the trolling...

I got into researching about a lot of different religions in HS and Hinduism really stuck with me. I am not gonna say I am a Hindu, but I've read plenty of books and love what this religion has to give. I took many of their philosophies and teachings and applied it to my own life. Hinduism is thee oldest religion on earth, refereed to as the eternal religion. This makes me want to pick up the books again and enlighten my SELF some more.

One of if not the most treasured book of Hinduism, the Bhagavad Gita. If you want some enlightening reading, please look into this book:

The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita: Explained by Paramhansa Yogananda, As Remembered by His Disciple, Swami Kriyananda

Here's a link to it on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Ess...Remembered/dp/1565892194 and you can get it for as low as $1.93 !

I was born and raised christian, but I will pick up this book before i pick up the bible, no lie.

yea if you do pick up the gita or ramayan or rig veda or whatever other hindu texts you decide to read I would def go with some sort of translated version that isn't word for word translation but a synopsis as well.  The gita for example is unreadable to me in its original form translated word for word...and i'm hindu.

I got into researching about a lot of different religions in HS and Hinduism really stuck with me. I am not gonna say I am a Hindu, but I've read plenty of books and love what this religion has to give. I took many of their philosophies and teachings and applied it to my own life. Hinduism is thee oldest religion on earth, refereed to as the eternal religion. This makes me want to pick up the books again and enlighten my SELF some more.

One of if not the most treasured book of Hinduism, the Bhagavad Gita. If you want some enlightening reading, please look into this book:

The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita: Explained by Paramhansa Yogananda, As Remembered by His Disciple, Swami Kriyananda

http://www.amazon.com/Ess...Remembered/dp/1565892194 and you can get it for as low as $1.93 !

I was born and raised christian, but I will pick up this book before i pick up the bible, no lie.

yea if you do pick up the gita or ramayan or rig veda or whatever other hindu texts you decide to read I would def go with some sort of translated version that isn't word for word translation but a synopsis as well.  The gita for example is unreadable to me in its original form translated word for word...and i'm hindu.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Excuse my ignorance, I have to admit I don't know much about Hinduism so I have a question if you don't mind me asking.

I'm familiar with other Indian religions (I studied Buddhism in depth as well as Sikhism and Jainism) but I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to Hinduism. At my university, every freshman had to take this intro to world religions class (great move by the university btw) and when the prof was talking about Hinduism he mentioned a few times that there is no "defined"set of beliefs that make up the religion called "Hinduism" like there's sets of beliefs for Muslims, Christians, Jews, etc but rather the term is just used to describe the collective religions practiced in India. If I recall correctly, the prof mentioned that when the Arab Muslims came to the sub-continent, they identified and labeled Buddhists and Zoroastrians according their religious groups and they grouped all other local religions under the umbrella of "Hinduism" which was later carried on by the British. He mentioned that practice varies dramatically from village to village and that in some Hindu practices you find monotheism and in others you will find only a handful of gods and goddesses while in others you will find thousands of gods/goddesses. After you mentioned Hindu religious texts (which I didn't think existed based off the profs description of the religion) I looked them up on Wiki and now I'm starting to doubt that prof's definition of Hinduism as there does seem to be some sort of common beliefs shared across the religion through the use of the Hindu texts. Was his definition completely wrong?

Once again, sorry for my ignorance
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom