Hip Hop, the Hidden Hand, Degradation of Black Masculinity

Cool, there is some good info on here. Going back to the history of Hip Hop and what the main goals of Hip Hop. Take your time because it is a lot.

Cool, there is some good info on here. Going back to the history of Hip Hop and what the main goals of Hip Hop. Take your time because it is a lot.

It's a long vid and has pretty good info, But I don't agree with dude in most of his point of views.

IMO, This is the best vid.

It's a long vid and has pretty good info, But I don't agree with dude in most of his point of views.

IMO, This is the best vid.

What exactly have you watched that you haven't agreed with in his videos?

That video you posted is a good video as well. Lupe's comments went over a lot of people's heads. Word to plants.

That video you posted is a good video as well. Lupe's comments went over a lot of people's heads. Word to plants.

Originally Posted by joegolfdad

Lupe is talking straight out of his *#% their at the end. Someone please enlighten me
Well in terms of him saying we learn things in school that aren't really applicable to real life is straight forward. The plants situation should be taken as growing your own food instead of having to rely on the commercial demons to supply us with our food. Not weed or just "regular" plants that most people probably get out of that comment.

But what did he say that didn't make sense to you?

Lupe is talking straight out of his *#% their at the end. Someone please enlighten me
Well in terms of him saying we learn things in school that aren't really applicable to real life is straight forward. The plants situation should be taken as growing your own food instead of having to rely on the commercial demons to supply us with our food. Not weed or just "regular" plants that most people probably get out of that comment.

But what did he say that didn't make sense to you?

I understand his argument that what one learns in school is often not applicable later in life. But going on the assumption that he's talking to an elementary/middle school teacher, there needs to be some foundation of basic knowledge (math, english, history etc) to have productive and educated citizens. I honestly find it ludicrous that he would advocate not teaching basic subjects at that age. We're not talking about calculus or some random time period in history. I understand what you're saying about being self-reliant, but theoretically teaching "how to grown your own food" instead of basic english and math is absurd.

I understand his argument that what one learns in school is often not applicable later in life. But going on the assumption that he's talking to an elementary/middle school teacher, there needs to be some foundation of basic knowledge (math, english, history etc) to have productive and educated citizens. I honestly find it ludicrous that he would advocate not teaching basic subjects at that age. We're not talking about calculus or some random time period in history. I understand what you're saying about being self-reliant, but theoretically teaching "how to grown your own food" instead of basic english and math is absurd.

I haven't watched that video in a while, did he say grow plants INSTEAD of basic english and math? Did he say english and math shouldn't be taught?

I haven't watched that video in a while, did he say grow plants INSTEAD of basic english and math? Did he say english and math shouldn't be taught?

Go to around 8:15. He says "to throw away all the books". My problem is he's probably talking to like a 5th grade teacher. It's not like he's talking about advanced subjects. He comes off like an idiot, imo

Go to around 8:15. He says "to throw away all the books". My problem is he's probably talking to like a 5th grade teacher. It's not like he's talking about advanced subjects. He comes off like an idiot, imo

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

He's trying to hard IMO, These guys are like this because they want to be, Just because someone looks at these guys or listens to them doesn't mean you have to act like them. But yes, it ruins it everyone, So most people that look at African-Americans like these they'll think all of them are like that.

I don't agree with that either
laugh.gif
, Just agree with Bun B. There was a video of Bun B by himself but I couldn't find it so I just posted that one.

Back
Top Bottom