Hip Hop, the Hidden Hand, Degradation of Black Masculinity

I have always said this, and I will stand by this.

Is there some "Funny Business" going on in hip-hop and the entertainment industry in general? I hope not, as I am a person who listens to hip-hop, and as a by product I endorse the entertainment industry.

However, in my opinion, one cannot deny the fact that there is in fact substantial/borderline overwhelming evidence that suggest that things aren't quite what they seem in the entertainment industry. From a completely honest prospective, who shakes hands like jay-z, and obama, and several other higher ups? Who throws up those kinds of hands signals? Why can these signals be so easily connected to foul play? Why is the checkered board in so many things concerning the music industry?Why is there a phenomenal rise in homosexual activity in the entertainment industry? Males acting like females, Jeans sagging, jeans skinny, shirts that barely fit, in hip-hop one of the biggest artist openly supports and probably is bisexual. (Nicki Minaj) Another hip-hop act (lil wayne) openly kisses males and no one seems to mind. Now, we have shemales having sex with males on the big screen. (hangoverII)

My point is, if one were to look at the entertainment industry from an objective prospective, one imo has to at least CONSIDER that things aren't 100 in the entertainment industry and that some type of foul play may be going on. On this board, I have seen several people disregard the illuminati, conspiracy, etc. and I am befuddled by that. There is overwhelming evidence that suggest something is going on. But, from a fan perspective, I sincerely hope not.

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

I've been waiting for Lenon Honor to finally show up on NT for some time now. I'll watch the vids then comment

When he did an interview with infinite waters, what he stated about hip hop is that it is not a genre of music for grown men,As with all genres of music. Some Artists make mature material, some give immature material. To say that hiphop is not a genre of grown men you would have to ignore all the politcal/Conscious rappers and songs. You are making a generalization that is not true.

in that line of thinking the characters they portray are not those of men but boys caricaturing grown men.. seems like caricatures are valid forms of expression.  Entertainment is not real life. Sex in the city is a caricature of 30-somethings in new york...but it isn't an evil plot against older white women. What form of entertainment does not rely on caricaturization?

Therefore the whole claim of gay or feminine men acting more masculine seems a bit paradoxical in sense, since It's paradoxical to YOUR definition of "man"....there is no defined definition of what a man is supposed to be.... living out your fantasy from childhood = those who've successully pursued their desires.

Hip Hop structures of masculinity well mainstream hip hop is that of an elementary school boy living out his fantasies of what it is to be a man Women, wealth, and hedonism = the fantasy of almost all men ever born on this planet. It has been the subject of art/music since before hiphop/america existed.

and doesn't align itself of the reality of what a man is today define what a "man" is...and I will give you a list of mainstream rappers who fit it. And songs from those rappers that coincide.

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

I've been waiting for Lenon Honor to finally show up on NT for some time now. I'll watch the vids then comment

When he did an interview with infinite waters, what he stated about hip hop is that it is not a genre of music for grown men,As with all genres of music. Some Artists make mature material, some give immature material. To say that hiphop is not a genre of grown men you would have to ignore all the politcal/Conscious rappers and songs. You are making a generalization that is not true.

in that line of thinking the characters they portray are not those of men but boys caricaturing grown men.. seems like caricatures are valid forms of expression.  Entertainment is not real life. Sex in the city is a caricature of 30-somethings in new york...but it isn't an evil plot against older white women. What form of entertainment does not rely on caricaturization?

Therefore the whole claim of gay or feminine men acting more masculine seems a bit paradoxical in sense, since It's paradoxical to YOUR definition of "man"....there is no defined definition of what a man is supposed to be.... living out your fantasy from childhood = those who've successully pursued their desires.

Hip Hop structures of masculinity well mainstream hip hop is that of an elementary school boy living out his fantasies of what it is to be a man Women, wealth, and hedonism = the fantasy of almost all men ever born on this planet. It has been the subject of art/music since before hiphop/america existed.

and doesn't align itself of the reality of what a man is today define what a "man" is...and I will give you a list of mainstream rappers who fit it. And songs from those rappers that coincide.

Back
Top Bottom