Hip Hop, the Hidden Hand, Degradation of Black Masculinity

The whole "anti masculine conspiracy" crowd is similar to the "obama is a foreigner conspiracy" crowd.

One is driven by homophobia....the other by racism.

The point dude is trying to make is that the people in charge (white people) are attempting to degrade the masculinity of black people by exposing them to their heroes doing non masculine things. What he fails to mention is white celebrities are CONSTANTLY taking pictures even worse and have been doing so for much longer. There are certain white celebrities that black people pay no attention to what so ever doing  these things.

The point dude is trying to make is that the people in charge (white people) are attempting to degrade the masculinity of black people by exposing them to their heroes doing non masculine things. What he fails to mention is white celebrities are CONSTANTLY taking pictures even worse and have been doing so for much longer. There are certain white celebrities that black people pay no attention to what so ever doing  these things.

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Kramer
2. Yea the point he (and others) have made is that many men (not just black men) often times have to agree to do these acts that step out of the norm of their character. This is true of any industry that thrives on image. I think it's the opposite. I think gay and feminine males have to act more macho and masculine to make it in hiphop. 
 And a lot of these characters are either women or anti-heterosexual beings.Give an example? because this is not true in hiphop. \
 Yea it is meant to be funny but you honestly think these dudes really chose to put on these acts on their own? I don't think it is far-fetched to think that it is all part of some sort of ritual that these dudes have to go through/tinfoil

I've been waiting for Lenon Honor to finally show up on NT for some time now. I'll watch the vids then comment

When he did an interview with infinite waters, what he stated about hip hop is that it is not a genre of music for grown men, in that line of thinking the characters they portray are not those of men but boys caricaturing grown men. Therefore the whole claim of gay or feminine men acting more masculine seems a bit paradoxical in sense, since Hip Hop structures of masculinity well mainstream hip hop is that of an elementary school boy living out his fantasies of what it is to be a man and doesn't align itself of the reality of what a man is today

Originally Posted by Kramer
2. Yea the point he (and others) have made is that many men (not just black men) often times have to agree to do these acts that step out of the norm of their character. This is true of any industry that thrives on image. I think it's the opposite. I think gay and feminine males have to act more macho and masculine to make it in hiphop. 
 And a lot of these characters are either women or anti-heterosexual beings.Give an example? because this is not true in hiphop. \
 Yea it is meant to be funny but you honestly think these dudes really chose to put on these acts on their own? I don't think it is far-fetched to think that it is all part of some sort of ritual that these dudes have to go through/tinfoil

I've been waiting for Lenon Honor to finally show up on NT for some time now. I'll watch the vids then comment

When he did an interview with infinite waters, what he stated about hip hop is that it is not a genre of music for grown men, in that line of thinking the characters they portray are not those of men but boys caricaturing grown men. Therefore the whole claim of gay or feminine men acting more masculine seems a bit paradoxical in sense, since Hip Hop structures of masculinity well mainstream hip hop is that of an elementary school boy living out his fantasies of what it is to be a man and doesn't align itself of the reality of what a man is today

People who genuinely argue about these topics are lost. They don't understand why certain black entertainers do certain things.

Realize that you need to distinguish art from reality. Reflect on that and don't take entertainment too seriously. "It's only entertainment!!"

People who genuinely argue about these topics are lost. They don't understand why certain black entertainers do certain things.

Realize that you need to distinguish art from reality. Reflect on that and don't take entertainment too seriously. "It's only entertainment!!"

Originally Posted by Young Safari

You see that's the problem at its core ...... There's a huge difference between an artist and an entertainer ....... Usually artist create and entertainers play ..... The problem is there's this intricate divergence, almost guttural where opposite forces are being molded into one truth. Either way you're underestimating what type of hold song has on psyche or what art, for instance a drawing or a painting has on ones most basic and unprotected self 

Hip Hop wasn't suppose to be this exuberant caricature.The thing is there's nothing wrong with youth showing itself to it's fullest ....... but after you've gotten out of the ghetto, are way past the crack dealing, slutting and violence, and now expected to exhibit that progression into manhood the end result is death, either physical or the death of your career. Peter Pan on 

You see that's the problem at its core ...... There's a huge difference between an artist and an entertainer ....... Usually artist create and entertainers play ..... The problem is there's this intricate divergence, almost guttural where opposite forces are being molded into one truth. Either way you're underestimating what type of hold song has on psyche or what art, for instance a drawing or a painting has on ones most basic and unprotected self 

Hip Hop wasn't suppose to be this exuberant caricature.The thing is there's nothing wrong with youth showing itself to it's fullest ....... but after you've gotten out of the ghetto, are way past the crack dealing, slutting and violence, and now expected to exhibit that progression into manhood the end result is death, either physical or the death of your career. Peter Pan on 

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

Brilliant. 

Thats the thing. Hip hop hasnt been allowed to grow up. They just keep regurgitating that same $!%*++## to the youth.

Brilliant. 

Thats the thing. Hip hop hasnt been allowed to grow up. They just keep regurgitating that same $!%*++## to the youth.

I got through the first video posted, the one following that, and the one DC posted at the top of page two.  This dude said essentially nothing of value, importance, or that was insightful in any meaningful way.  His concepts of "masculinity" and "femininity" appear to be astoundingly rigid when in reality basically all aspects of identity (including how gender manifests itself) are FLUID.  Dude thinks he's just SO DEEP too
roll.gif

I feel like I just wasted 30 minutes of my life...

I got through the first video posted, the one following that, and the one DC posted at the top of page two.  This dude said essentially nothing of value, importance, or that was insightful in any meaningful way.  His concepts of "masculinity" and "femininity" appear to be astoundingly rigid when in reality basically all aspects of identity (including how gender manifests itself) are FLUID.  Dude thinks he's just SO DEEP too
roll.gif

I feel like I just wasted 30 minutes of my life...

When he did an interview with infinite waters, what he stated about hip hop is that it is not a genre of music for grown men,As with all genres of music. Some Artists make mature material, some give immature material. To say that hiphop is not a genre of grown men you would have to ignore all the politcal/Conscious rappers and songs. You are making a generalization that is not true.

in that line of thinking the characters they portray are not those of men but boys caricaturing grown men.. seems like caricatures are valid forms of expression.  Entertainment is not real life. Sex in the city is a caricature of 30-somethings in new york...but it isn't an evil plot against older white women. What form of entertainment does not rely on caricaturization?

Therefore the whole claim of gay or feminine men acting more masculine seems a bit paradoxical in sense, since It's paradoxical to YOUR definition of "man"....there is no defined definition of what a man is supposed to be.... living out your fantasy from childhood = those who've successully pursued their desires.

Hip Hop structures of masculinity well mainstream hip hop is that of an elementary school boy living out his fantasies of what it is to be a man Women, wealth, and hedonism = the fantasy of almost all men ever born on this planet. It has been the subject of art/music since before hiphop/america existed.

and doesn't align itself of the reality of what a man is today define what a "man" is...and I will give you a list of mainstream rappers who fit it. And songs from those rappers that coincide.

When he did an interview with infinite waters, what he stated about hip hop is that it is not a genre of music for grown men,As with all genres of music. Some Artists make mature material, some give immature material. To say that hiphop is not a genre of grown men you would have to ignore all the politcal/Conscious rappers and songs. You are making a generalization that is not true.

in that line of thinking the characters they portray are not those of men but boys caricaturing grown men.. seems like caricatures are valid forms of expression.  Entertainment is not real life. Sex in the city is a caricature of 30-somethings in new york...but it isn't an evil plot against older white women. What form of entertainment does not rely on caricaturization?

Therefore the whole claim of gay or feminine men acting more masculine seems a bit paradoxical in sense, since It's paradoxical to YOUR definition of "man"....there is no defined definition of what a man is supposed to be.... living out your fantasy from childhood = those who've successully pursued their desires.

Hip Hop structures of masculinity well mainstream hip hop is that of an elementary school boy living out his fantasies of what it is to be a man Women, wealth, and hedonism = the fantasy of almost all men ever born on this planet. It has been the subject of art/music since before hiphop/america existed.

and doesn't align itself of the reality of what a man is today define what a "man" is...and I will give you a list of mainstream rappers who fit it. And songs from those rappers that coincide.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Brilliant. 

Your both missing the point.
[h1]“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.[/h1]

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Brilliant. 

Your both missing the point.
[h1]“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.[/h1]

Part 17 (around the 9:00 mark) starts talking about Black Greek Organizations. Interesting stuff......Carry on to Part 18 too. 

Part 17 (around the 9:00 mark) starts talking about Black Greek Organizations. Interesting stuff......Carry on to Part 18 too. 

DCAllAmerican wrote:
Yea it is a lot man. I am still watching. The portion on Masons is where I am. So the Pope is a Mason?

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
8:00-the end. Yall man Pac.

Those aint true grips of any degree of masonry
grin.gif

Pope is not a mason
eyes.gif

That "hidden hand" is taken way out of context considering what is learned in that degree during the Royal arch teaching.
How you gonna take that pic a blanket statement that to pics of questionable people
laugh.gif

FYIGeorge washington was the only mason in those pics
pimp.gif

......just sayin

DCAllAmerican wrote:
Yea it is a lot man. I am still watching. The portion on Masons is where I am. So the Pope is a Mason?

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
8:00-the end. Yall man Pac.

Those aint true grips of any degree of masonry
grin.gif

Pope is not a mason
eyes.gif

That "hidden hand" is taken way out of context considering what is learned in that degree during the Royal arch teaching.
How you gonna take that pic a blanket statement that to pics of questionable people
laugh.gif

FYIGeorge washington was the only mason in those pics
pimp.gif

......just sayin

For someone who is so eloquent with rhymes, Lupe comes off pretty elementary in terms of speaking and the manner in which he discusses things.

Regardless of what his point was in that video, he could have expressed it in a far more intelligent and straight forward manner.

For someone who is so eloquent with rhymes, Lupe comes off pretty elementary in terms of speaking and the manner in which he discusses things.

Regardless of what his point was in that video, he could have expressed it in a far more intelligent and straight forward manner.

Back
Top Bottom