How Do I Become THIS Good At Street Fighter?

lmao.. Some of you guys are total clowns.. It's not that serious.. And no1's that impressed by your crazy knowledge of video game joysticks and elitearcade players that you know..

That 2nd vid posted was awesome though.. I can't speak to how hard that was to do but it seemed clutch as hell to be able to come back from being nearlydead to win.. And in a highly competitive environment.. Pretty cool for what it is..

Originally Posted by Lazy B

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I would be able to beat Gouki in the first vid... My friends and I are total 2D fighter heads. We are usually more prone to the SNK Side though. But the firstvid was weak... all his challengers looked liked they'd only been playing the game for a month or so. Now the second video is classic. I seen it lastyear... some people dont understand the timing it takes to Just Defend/ Tech hit, therefore they will never truly understand the greatness of that vid. I wishI still played now though... I used to be in King of Fighter tournaments via MAMA and KAWAKS a couple years ago.

Andy Bogard > Your life.

HOW ABOUT NYC NT"ERS ASSEMBLE AT CHINA TOWN FAIR ARCADES. IM ALWAYS IN THE MOOD FOR COMP AND THEY GOT STREET FIGHTER 4. DUAL LINKED CABINETS FOR ARM ROOM.

THeres a website that makes these joystick. Some with the XBOX center button. And wireless too. ANYONE KNOW WHAT THAT WEBSITE IS??? SOmeone posted the sitehere on niketalk A WHILE BACK.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Where's NDSTRUKT?

He used to come through with old school SF tournament memories of meeting the person that discovered Guile's handcuff and invisible throw.

He's probably the most accomplished SF tournament player on NT (at least he was 4 years ago).
I'm still here. Street Fighter II Championship Hyper Edition (and all of the previous SFII release prior) was where I was on top of my game. Needless to say, this was yeeaarrrsss ago. As much as I'd hate to admit, I'm God awful rusty now.But don't test me ... I still got it. Best believe it.

For all my bay area heads that were actively involved in Street Fighter tournament from the 1991 to 1997 era, I'm sure I've crossed paths with yall. Ihave been heavily involved with Street Fighter since I was in 7th grade (1988) 'till about early 1998 when I somewhat called it quits. I still get theurge at times and get my game on once in a while but it is definitely not the same. I firmly believe that the hardcore Street Fighter players and tournamentswas at it's peak during the '92 to late '96. It has significantly gone downhill since. Not to take away any credit from the OGs like myself who arestill heavily involved in the scene but I was making Dhalsim appear and re-appear, doing Guile's Air Throw 'till the round was over, beat your top tiercharacter with E. Honda, and precisely annihilate you with M. Bison before Shoryuken even came in the picture. Scrubs back then did not have any chance. Thatwas how serious SF was baaaaccccckkkk in the days. Street Fighter was my first love and I'm proud to say that all (YES, ALL) similar fighting games todaystemmed from Street Fighter. It certainly does not get the credit it truly deserves.

...But.... to this very day .... SF II Championship Hyper Edition is and will always be the best SF series ever. Seriously. The mechanics alone, being that itis probably the only glitch free SF produced to this day, is enough to top the rest. Additionally, it did not include the fancy power-up meters like majorityof the SF series that followed. Thus, you had to beat your opponent with pure skill and flawless timing. Then you start to perfectly develop "mindgames" and superb "set-up moves" which is the ultimate difference between a good SF player vs. a great SF player. This to me was what got mehooked for so many years in the game.

I'm not gonna lie, I am and will always play SF but it has not been seriously the same with the SF releases that followed SF II Hyper Fighting Edition. Iwould rather beat you skillfully fair and square rather than punk you in a glitch fest (i.e., SF Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and the rest of the series that followedthere after).

For the record, I have not played or even touched SF IV. However, I have heard from very reliable sources that it is really IT. I'll reserve my judgement'till I get to actually test and play it.

....more to follow....

Originally Posted by ps2child

Originally Posted by Club29

lurkin2long wrote:
Equaztion wrote:
Unadulterated Madness
roll.gif

that video made me feel tingly like i was watchin some championship game down the stretch with a few seconds on the clock
laugh.gif

hell yeah man. Hearing the crowd,�you couldve sworn there was just a vicious KO in the UFC
laugh.gif

��

yea i was like
eek.gif
when i heard that crowd,.was it really that serious? but yea it was cool to see that ryu took all them blows and survived.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

Originally Posted by ps2child

Originally Posted by Club29

lurkin2long wrote:
Equaztion wrote:
Unadulterated Madness
roll.gif

that video made me feel tingly like i was watchin some championship game down the stretch with a few seconds on the clock
laugh.gif

hell yeah man. Hearing the crowd,�you couldve sworn there was just a vicious KO in the UFC
laugh.gif

��

yea i was like
eek.gif
when i heard that crowd,.was it really that serious? but yea it was cool to see that ryu took all them blows and survived.

indifferent.gif

cosign
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

anyone play 3rd strike or ST on GGPO? super street fighter 2 turbo is by far my fav. fighting game... here's the hori stick i own. copped it cheap inJapan, but planning on selling it.
pict0460pu8.jpg

pict0459jh9.jpg

X-Arcade is all that matters when it comes to Arcade Joystick. I have tried just about all the other ones and they just do not compare. Not even close. I havetrashed, pounded, and abused the hell out of my X-Arcade stick and it still works perfectly fine to this day just like when I first got it.

Trust me on this. The unbeatable warranty that it comes with is another major plus. And you can always contact the manufacturer (and they are readilyavailable) for any questions or concerns that you may have.

I will make a hd remix thread in a couple days and we can all just duke it out ok?
Sf2 is in me. I've been playing it since I was a youngster and I'm still playing today. Sf2turbo all day and 3rd strike. By no means am I great , beenhanded %%$ whoopings and given them but no matter wat...it's always fun

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Originally Posted by pastellove88

I could beat all of them.
In your wet dreams ...

1. Buy a PS2
2. Buy an HORI arcade stick
3. Practice everyday for at least 5 hours
4. ???
5. PROFIT!!

I stop reading when you said HORI arcade stick .. LMAO

Ya fools have no clue in Perfect 360 arcade joystick and in the Massystems or xarcade sticks huh .. LMAO ... Ya come in here making the illest claim but really cant even perform two QCF specials or even parry a relentless attack .. SMH if ya are serious

Oh hell no... credibility... out the window.

He said X-Arcade... SMH

Hori is consistent as #1 in the industry . Look out for the SFIV official arcade sticks too... Those are my babies. Info on those should be on the net laterthis month.

Back
Top Bottom