How do you "date" women? Not as stupid as it sounds...

Think about it for a second. This question really pertains to people who are in the real world: out of college, working a job, probably away from home.

I'm not asking how to pick up a chick. That's the easy part. Rather, how do you manage the relationship before it's really a relationship?

I ask this question about women you never met before you got their number, you had never heard of them, and you have no mutual friends. A completely randomgirl. It seems like so often when you're younger things get initiated through mutual friends or more often, people you've been friends with, had classwith, etc.

Basically you have no way of knowing what this girl's real feelings are, what she wants, what she thinks you want, and all that other stuff.

So for those who know, share some advice. Because I've come to realize that I don't have a single friend who knows how to do this.

Originally Posted by eight2one

i thought you werent gonna make anymore threads pertaining to the female race!
This is different. And it's not just advice for me.

Possibly because there is no real technique to do this. It can be done, but these girls usually turn out pretty bad if they let random dudes approach them.
Stuff like that is just luck. Without mutual friends, school, or work, meeting females becomes a whole new ball game.

Its not really like the movies when you both go for the last tomato in the vegetable section, and then you live happily ever after.

I don't see what managing the relationship has to do with whether or not you two have a mutual friend etc?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

When op said "manage", I assumed he meant initiate.
If not, then Im confused.

Any chick(besides ones I meet in classes) is on my own/never saw them before/no knowingly mutual friends, just completely random.

I just:
1. make the call
2. see what's up with her
3. talk to her a few minutes
4. set up something for us to get together
5. watch how she is around me/talk a little after to see how she felt about me

and repeat.

I put no thought into it really, that's just what comes natural for me. I don't even know what else I could do really...?
it seems like you're making too much out of it right now, I do that sometimes too though, a random brain fart moment that has you on some epiphany type+%%$ when you forget and then "discover" you know how to make sounds come out your mouth that other people understand
laugh.gif

It's the same for when you're older - you meet people through your interests, common friends, networking, etc. And if it is a completely random girl?You take her out on a date and talk. That's it. You get to know her. It's not really rocket science...

Originally Posted by Diego

Yeah sort of.

If you go on one date, are you dating? How often do you call/text?

I guess it's like C Money said, you just kind of do it. I must be putting way too much thought into this.

No if you go on one date you arent dating, you're free to browse around as you please.

It's when you/her have strong enough feelings (or so you may think) then one of you apporaches the other about being in a relationship with the other(usually true for the girls, as simp as this may sound guys are usually the cheaters)

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by Diego

Yeah sort of.

If you go on one date, are you dating? How often do you call/text?

I guess it's like C Money said, you just kind of do it. I must be putting way too much thought into this.

This.

The sad part is that usually females can tell.

When you havent been witha women for awhile and your in the horny mine state, you'll easily find time for a women.

Basically you have no way of knowing what this girl's real feelings are, what she wants, what she thinks you want, and all that other stuff.
you ASK her..

as Nawth put it...

You take her out on a date and talk. That's it. You get to know her.

I usually talk to them on the phone and if our personalities click then I progress with a date or a meeting up of some sort and see how we interact in an openenvironment. If that goes I usually just take my time and not try to to rush into anything until I'm completely sure of her.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

It's the same for when you're older - you meet people through your interests, common friends, networking, etc. And if it is a completely random girl? You take her out on a date and talk. That's it. You get to know her. It's not really rocket science...
I am saying
laugh.gif

I was on the singles scene for quite some time. To me, it's easier to date a stranger than a mutual friend because on the first few dates, all you'rereally looking to do is getting to know rather than impress. If I like what I hear/see after the first few dates, I put on the pressure. I call randomly forimpromptu dates, text more often (the rate depending on how quickly she responds and seems open to con-text-ation), talk about personal topics, things likethat. It takes a long time to really know someone, so not only do I like having conversations, but I like to see how she operates in certain situations. Is shecontrolling? Domineering? Is she a hands-on girl or a princess?

I have a pretty good sense of what I want in a woman, so I usually dead a girl after a few dates if I think she's not what i'm looking for.

As for hooking up...you can tell which girls are in it for the long run and the ones who are looking for some action. I pick and choose.

Anyway, I met the girl i'm currently with at an art showing at some loft party. We've been dating for about four months (which isn't long sincetime has been flying).

Back
Top Bottom