How do you know when you're in a relationship?

For those that are in a committed relationship, did you ask your significant other to be with you?
I personally feel like asking someone "Would you like to be my girlfriend?' is kinda cheesy
laugh.gif

However, talking about where you guys stand is good.

Also, how long did it take for you guys to establish the fact that you're in a monogamous relationship?

Discuss.

Why do you have to say it like that?

What is wrong with just verbally confirming exclusivity?

I think you are asking for trouble if you think it is supposed to be a feeling type thing.

When you cant tell her who else you have fornicated with.........................thats ya piece

Had to add this, just saw this in a movie
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I know I'm in love when I wear a condom with the other girls...................Blew my mind............

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I think you are asking for trouble if you think it is supposed to be a feeling type thing.

Because I wanted to. Not saying I wouldn't do it for dramatic effect, but it'd be more affective to have a full conversation about it.

You don't ask. You just wait for her to start reaching for your phone to go through it.

I haven't "confirmed" a relationship since high school. Since then, you just gradually feel when you're in a relationship, when you're basically
just wanting to do stuff with each other exclusively. That's one reason why I hate the relationship status on FB, especially when you get sent
the "would you like to confirm this person as your significant other" thing on there. It's corny, but I guess that validation feels good for
some people.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

But there should be a feeling if you are dating someone, for example if you are in the early stages of dating w/o verbally expressing it to the significant other feel hurt if they were seeing someone else. I think you have it all backwards DC ...

Originally Posted by CrunchyBlack9

When you stop spending time with friends in order to spend more time with her.

Oh, one of those guys.

"Aye, y'all. I'm single now. Let's go out!"

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

I haven't "confirmed" a relationship since high school. Since then, you just gradually feel when you're in a relationship, when you're basically
just wanting to do stuff with each other exclusively. That's one reason why I hate the relationship status on FB, especially when you get sent
the "would you like to confirm this person as your significant other" thing on there. It's corny, but I guess that validation feels good for
some people.
this

You say, "don't wanna play no games I want you exclusive. Baby we should just do this, cause the feelings so strong, how can we go wrong."

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Oh, one of those guys.

30t6p3b.gif

No, but there are concessions that have to be made. I dont know about you, but as you get older, and you trying to build with someone, you stop hanging with yo boys as much. I stopped hanging with them b\c it put me in situations that I aint trying to be in especially if i am trying to be in a committed relationship. . 

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

Oh, one of those guys.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 funny thing, I actually have a friend like this. Dude just met this girl about a month go but prior to that dude would call up everyone on every given weekend to hang out after he broke up with his girlfriend months back. smh Now he's we can't even get a respond from dude when we text him and straight up blowing up our fb feed with pictures of him and the girl and whatever they're doing. lmao 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

It's usually a really weird, semi-awkward talk after you kind of fall into it.

or it just happens. My experience anyway.
Asking a girl to be your girlfriend is middle school/early high school. We're over that.

Oh, one of those guys.

30t6p3b.gif

No, but there are concessions that have to be made. I dont know about you, but as you get older, and you trying to build with someone, you stop hanging with yo boys as much. I stopped hanging with them b\c it put me in situations that I aint trying to be in especially if i am trying to be in a committed relationship. . 

Well that's a different story.

when you get calls at random. Or when you start not wanting to be around her as much thats when you know you cuffed.

Back
Top Bottom