How many black professors have you had?

One in college. He's in charge of the department of my major. But he's probably the worst professor (all he does it read word for word from the book in lecture) and the most disorganized person I've ever met.
Name of the class was "Microeconomic Theory."

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

i've had many for various subjects
indifferent.gif
sorry i don't keep a tally

who the hell is asking you to keep a tally? 
indifferent.gif
 The point isn't exactly how many you've had, its the fact that there aren't nearly enough.
For those who say you don't keep track of race

you're lying

Originally Posted by Cz7

... and what subject did he/she teach. Im a second semester sophomore at UT-austin, and I've had one, he taught black history. Never had a black teacher in HS
smh.gif
, I'm guessing unless you goto a HBCU, then my experiences are similar to yours. Why do you think this is the case?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Originally Posted by Cz7

... and what subject did he/she teach. Im a second semester sophomore at UT-austin, and I've had one, he taught black history. Never had a black teacher in HS
smh.gif
, I'm guessing unless you goto a HBCU, then my experiences are similar to yours. Why do you think this is the case?
grin.gif
?

Not many in college since that's what I'm assuming you mean by professor and not a chemistry teacher.

I had one in college. He taught analytical chemistry. I actually worked under him for my research/ professional credits.
He was fired last semester though.
eyes.gif

College...3, all older.

older female- English Comp 226
Older Female-African American Lit
Older Male-20th Century History....this dude was one of a kind!! He actually brought history to life, and made such a boring subject interesting as hell...Everything had such great detail.

I had plenty thru out k-12....when i would walk into the class before the semester and see a Black Male Teacher, I knew it was gonna be a good semester/year...

I went to a regular SUNY college and had 3 or 4 black professors, maybe more but I don't remember them (Class of '04). The dean was black too (Rev. Calvin Butts). It probably depends on where you are though.

I went to LSU for undergrad...i think I had two... Im in grad school now at Southern which is an HBCU and ive had four black n three white professors so far

College courses I took in HS:
1 - Chemistry
2 - Calculus

Undergrad:
3 - Political Science (took about 4 classes with this guy, one was African Americans in the political system)
4 - African American History
5 - Some weird art class cross-listed with African/African American Studies
6 - History of Conservatism (she was multiracial)
7 - Israel/Palestine conflict

2nd grade teacher

in college:
cmn 152: theories of persuasion
ecs 10: computer science basics

Just 1 in high school…American Government
and 1 in college…African American Lit

i had 2 so far in my academic career, both were in college.

1 taught african-american history and the other taught molecular biology

from thinking quickly, justo ne, but i took him for 4 different courses.
he teaches economics at northeastern university.

Back
Top Bottom