How much can you bench?

Most I ever did was 470lbs, I have a vid of me repping 405 last year: skip to 30sec if you dont wanna wait for me to put the weights on

That was with a bum elbow. bench is pretty overrated

6'0" 240lbs

5'10" 160, maxed out at 250 couple of years ago. havent been to the gym in a minute tho. Used to do it for self gratification more than anything else.

I don't work out.

110 in my gym class last year.
laugh.gif

I could leg press double surprisingly.

Let's try, who can bench press properly.
When it comes to training I can spot exaggerations......erm lies...when I see 'em.

Training didn't include much bench (mostly dumbells for chest training) but on a bar my max was around 280 at 175 lbs.

Let's talk about deadlift, front squat, back squat, clean & jerk, and and snatch (
laugh.gif
) I'm sure I've got all you crushed lb for lb.
devil.gif

eyes.gif

yea because youre the only one who can lift properly...

im not impressed, as you know the legs have the biggest muscles in our body, people who are serious about training know those build fast/can move up in weightfast/an are ALSO great for raising testosterone levels naturally. an anyone who actuallly trains and DOES legs those numbers arent outrageous, good for yourweight but i know kids just like you doing the same.

175lbs and you put up 280 as your suspected 1rep? how bout you work on your chest a lil bit more small guy to match that upper body with the lower body stats.

im not impressed ive seen guys who weigh that lift much more the CORRECT way. I dont know my 1rm but im under 200 right now an I know for a FACT i put put up315 PROPER which as you know is only 3 plates on both sides, which MANY dudes who actually train can do.

matter fact arent you the one who said protein isnt necessary and you have a met-rx connect
laugh.gif
you prolly think youre a lil "strongman"

no shirtless pics? i got those for days, why not.

Keeping it real im 5'11 195 and I JUST started back getting in the gym 3 months ago, hadn't been in the gym since 2003....
alien.gif
Right now im throwing up 170 10reps in sets of 3. Maxed out once at 190. I wasreally never a "weights" person mostly cardio and my legs since I ran track. By the end of the year i should be in the 200-210 range.

When it comes to training I can spot exaggerations......erm lies...when I see 'em.

Training didn't include much bench (mostly dumbells for chest training) but on a bar my max was around 280 at 175 lbs.

Let's talk about deadlift, front squat, back squat, clean & jerk, and and snatch (
laugh.gif
devil.gif

nope im not even done

thread was about bench stats my man came in here with legs on purpose cuz he know his lil pecs are his weak area
laugh.gif

280-175=105lb difference........and he claims that as just his 1rm

what you need to do is build up your pectoral muscular endurance. instead of you acting like you some olympian weight lifter.

get real buddy, i dunno where you from or who you seen lifting but there are plenty of people who can lift proper an put up much better.

NT once you get serious with lifting you dont even look at 225 as a lot of weight, thats what cats warm up with its only 2 plates on both sides 135 is 1 45plate on both sides (bar is 45 lbs)

once you get serious in the gym 275 youre gonna be like
eek.gif

next thing you know youre at 305, i remember when i was 18 i thought i was the man because i could do 75lb dumbells (i used that number because that was themaximum we had in high school)

now at age 24 i can easily do 100lb dumbells for 10 reps and that is what MANY cats in my gym do who go on the reg. as for dude who said he puts up 425 that isbelievable if he was an athlete you gotta understand. football players be going with plyometric techniques an as he said he seen HS seniors put up numbers likethat. it really is fun once you get into training an we can all train for different goals at the end of the day numbers mean nothing...........1rep would bethe top of the OPT model according to nasm and that is POWER.

benching is just that exercise people feel "alpha" between each other and the gym.............i look bettter than 99% of the dudes in my gym an idont even be benchin or goin heavy half the time and the GROWN dude who is the best in my gym son doesnt even lift heavy at all, he does 3 full body workouts aweek eats 7 times a day whole food only (no shakes) an just comes to maintain his mass

there is a difference between a bodybuilder, basketballl player, strongman lifter etc

all different goals in mind, this dude wawaweewa comes in here with clean and jerk talk an he cant even bench. well its apparent he enjoys legs which is greatan we all should do but he talking about he knows when numbers are inflated when he obviously has a weak chest.

/rant

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

i do 2 45 plates and 2 5 pound plates im not sure how much that is though

90+10+45 (assuming thats the bar)=145

I usually get around 3 reps on 315, but I only do that once in a while. I usually work in a 6-12 rep range between 225 and 275 when I do flat bench, but Iusually do other stuff for chest most of the time. It's just a matter of what you want. It's good to include it in your routine for overall strength,but people think that it's the greatest measure of strength, when it's really not.

If you want your body to build up the right way and your trying to build a good physique, do more incline presses and use dumbbells just as much if not morethan using a barbell. You'll balance out more and build a better chest. Also, don't neglect doing dips. Adds alot of density and dimension to the chestand triceps.

Originally Posted by illwill8710

5'10" 240 and the most i have benched is 250 4X back in february.

thats only 10lbs over your own bodyweight

edit: most people in here cant do their bodyweight, matter fact youre doing great by NT standards.

That whole "bench your bodyweight" thing doesn't take into account your body structure/type and how much bodyfat you're carrying. Someonewho's an overweight 200lbs isn't just supposed to bench 200lbs. Fat doesn't contract and move weight. Some people are also just not built well fora bench press. Long arms + Narrow clavicles usually means a weak bench press.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

laugh.gif
devil.gif
nope im not even done

thread was about bench stats my man came in here with legs on purpose cuz he know his lil pecs are his weak area
laugh.gif

280-175=105lb difference........and he claims that as just his 1rm

what you need to do is build up your pectoral muscular endurance. instead of you acting like you some olympian weight lifter.

get real buddy, i dunno where you from or who you seen lifting but there are plenty of people who can lift proper an put up much better.

NT once you get serious with lifting you dont even look at 225 as a lot of weight, thats what cats warm up with its only 2 plates on both sides 135 is 1 45 plate on both sides (bar is 45 lbs)

once you get serious in the gym 275 youre gonna be like
eek.gif

next thing you know youre at 305, i remember when i was 18 i thought i was the man because i could do 75lb dumbells (i used that number because that was the maximum we had in high school)

now at age 24 i can easily do 100lb dumbells for 10 reps and that is what MANY cats in my gym do who go on the reg. as for dude who said he puts up 425 that is believable if he was an athlete you gotta understand. football players be going with plyometric techniques an as he said he seen HS seniors put up numbers like that. it really is fun once you get into training an we can all train for different goals at the end of the day numbers mean nothing...........1rep would be the top of the OPT model according to nasm and that is POWER.

benching is just that exercise people feel "alpha" between each other and the gym.............i look bettter than 99% of the dudes in my gym an i dont even be benchin or goin heavy half the time and the GROWN dude who is the best in my gym son doesnt even lift heavy at all, he does 3 full body workouts a week eats 7 times a day whole food only (no shakes) an just comes to maintain his mass

there is a difference between a bodybuilder, basketballl player, strongman lifter etc

all different goals in mind, this dude wawaweewa comes in here with clean and jerk talk an he cant even bench. well its apparent he enjoys legs which is great an we all should do but he talking about he knows when numbers are inflated when he obviously has a weak chest.

/rant

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Youre such a d-bag.

when i was 19-20 and was consistently hittin the weights
i had a max of 260(i was 155lbs)
now its all i can do to get up my bodyweight
tired.gif

and i weigh less than what i used
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

That whole "bench your bodyweight" thing doesn't take into account your body structure/type and how much bodyfat you're carrying. Someone who's an overweight 200lbs isn't just supposed to bench 200lbs. Fat doesn't contract and move weight. Some people are also just not built well for a bench press. Long arms + Narrow clavicles usually means a weak bench press.

you dont think i know that?
laugh.gif

BMI is a whole nother story

thats my whole point.

dumbell press > benchpress . thats why i dont really bench press anymore

ive also switched to doing incline dumbell press first and reg second . last time i did incline press i repped 200 (100 lbs in each hand) 7x on my 3rd set(went from 180lbs first set to 190 2nd set to 200 3rd set) . not too strong but not too bad either . again im 6'1 and around 190lbs

oh and btw , for those in the north jersey area (around morris / essex county) yall need to peep out Lifetime Fitness . most unbelievable gym ive everseen / been to
eek.gif

like i said its all about your goals.........i dont dismiss benching altogether though. I NEVER KEEP THE SAMEROUTINE.......but check this if quote from Melvin Anthony (for those who are familiar with IFBB cats) which I agree with 1000% percent. like i said before iknow for a fact i can bench 315 but i dont know my max nor is bench max of my concern.

"Barbell work will certainly build mass, but I believe dumbbell moves give you more detail because you can perform a wider range of motion with them. I go as heavy as I can, and with a wider range of motion I can stress the whole muscle fiber from insertion to insertion. The dumbbell press is more difficult because you have to balance two weights. To get the most out of the exercise, I try to push both sides evenly at all times. But I still like doing the barbell press because I can handle more weight, which makes me stronger and builds more mass."

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

prez,
how you like doing incline bench before reg? ive always done reg first but might switch it up for a change.

im not prez but here is another quote from my boy.........i also do incline first too

ON INCLINE CHEST TRAINING

"From age 13 to 23, I was doing flat-bench moves first all the time, and I didn't do incline much at all. Because of that, my chest lacked balance: The middle and lower sections were well-developed and my upper pecs were under-developed. I adjusted my routines so I was doing incline movements first to boost my upper pecs and build a nice, overall balance throughout the chest region. I've been doing incline first ever since."

Back
Top Bottom