How was the early 2000s?

Class of 2003 and soon to be 32 later this year. I remember playing my PS2 like crazy and being really happy when I finally found one in March 2001. Those things were sold out everywhere when they first came out in late 2000. Also had a Dreamcast and I played NBA 2K way too much. I remember being a huge fan of Gladiator. I use to go to Six Flags Astroworld a lot when it was still around here in Houston. Season pass was like $50.00. I remember the dial up Internet, I think we had Net-zero and AOL. Used to leave music downloading overnight because the Internet was so slow. Used to burn CDs and download all my music from Kazaa. 2004 was the year I got DSL. Started using Limewire for music and video downloads since Kazaa was to risky for virus.

Neptunes literally controlled music from 01-04
I gotta give that to Nelly.

Nelly was big but it's a difference.

Neptune's produced for everybody. Their sound was everywhere. Hov, Snoop, JT, Britney Spears, Nore, Clipes, Nelly, :lol:

Pharell was like in every video at one time.

:lol: true, Neptunes were just unstoppable at that time. Some of those beats were crazy...I still bump Beenie Man's Feel It Boy to this day....that beat just seemed so futuristic the first time I heard it...

1st Neptune beat that mattered:

Mase "lookin at me" thats what got em on.

Super thug blew em out to space after that.

I came across this on FB, damn i remember people doing this those days :lol:View media item 2026709

:x :x :x :smh: I remember doing this :lol:. Thank God for ankle socks and whatever the ones that are even lower than those are called. Couldn't wear anything else during cross country and track those years, so it still feels weird wearing anything else since then

Putting rubber bands at the bottom of your jeans to show off the kicks...
You got to be from PG county!

I remember Country Grammer (Hot S***) was a MAJOR hit in the summer of 2000. That song made me want to buy that album on 6/27/2000..

**** if ya'll from DMV area...

DC Sniper
Gogo was becoming more mainstream
FUR
Illusions/Boqueron
Millenium (Langley Park) :lol:

Alldaz :pimp:

Putting rubber bands at the bottom of your jeans to show off the kicks...
You got to be from PG county!

I remember Country Grammer (Hot S***) was a MAJOR hit in the summer of 2000. That song made me want to buy that album on 6/27/2000..

**** if ya'll from DMV area...

DC Sniper
Gogo was becoming more mainstream
FUR
Illusions/Boqueron
Millenium (Langley Park) :lol:

Alldaz :pimp:

Bonadacci
Solbiato (Still around)

All that stuff lol

97-03 were the best years of my life.

I jumped off the porch in 98. Mannnn....

I owe my city everything for it.

Soulja Era.

HS class of 98

Sidenote:

Can't believe y'all was on the internet dweebing around that time :lol:

I didn't get heavy on the net until 2003-2004. 97-03 I only used the computer just to type a paper :lol:

Last edited:

Neptunes talk about that all the time that Nore is the reason they blew up initially.

Grindin is what made them legendary

Man I would love to feel the vibe in ATL when no mo play in GA dropped.

We were tying the cuffs of our jeans in the sneaker laces. Tall tee, polo, tall tee under the polo, pinwheel fitted, girbaud shorts, monogram pants. :x We were buggin.

Girbuads will forever be the best jeans...

Neptune's produced for everybody. Their sound was everywhere. Hov, Snoop, JT, Britney Spears, Nore, Clipes, Nelly, :lol:

:lol: true, Neptunes were just unstoppable at that time. Some of those beats were crazy...I still bump Beenie Man's Feel It Boy to this day....that beat just seemed so futuristic the first time I heard it...

:wow: how am I just realizing this?!?!?

I just had to pull up my Harlem World album to check again :wow:

Granted it sounds like a Neptunes beat, but I never put 2 and 2 together. :smh:

When your friends would get mad at you for not having them in your top 10 friends list on Myspace.

If you're from North Mississippi, you'll remember when Okuns was the spot to cop sneakers. If you had some fresh kicks from there best believe everybody had em because it was the only Sneaker spot worth going to in the Delta. (So glad Jimmy Jazz bought them earlier this year because they started going downhill in 2011-2012)

I remember when I use to be a Lebron fan when he first entered the league. I was the first dude at my high school to cop the Lebron Air Zoom Generation shoes & had a lot of cats hating. I beat those kicks into the grown. Didn't really care too much for keeping my kicks clean back then.

Dudes in my high school use to look at me weird because I was bumping a lot of Bay Area music back then. Mainly E 40 & The Pack. Was also bumping a nice amount of Tech N9ne back then.

GTA San Andreas came and changed gaming for a lot of people. Thank you Rockstar for coming out with the GTA series.

Mike Vick was KANG of the gridiron during his ATL days.

Last edited:

Not ture.

They was ghost producing Teddy Reily back in the gap.

Thats Pharrell on the sax on rump shaker.

I thought everyone knew this by now.

Been mentioned, but man, DC sniper was scary AF. Made you not want to leave the house for a week.

Pharrell doesn't play sax. Chad plays sax. Pharrell wrote Teddy's verse on "Rumpshaker".

Yeah, I always knew Pharrell was involved on Rumpshaker, it's been mentioned more than enough times over the past decade.

I always knew he had a "producer" credit on that track, didn't know he wrote Teddy's verse. I think he was like 16 at the time.

Last edited:
teddy riley signed pharrell.

He was like his protege.

On Teddy rileys right here remix by swv thats pharell sayin
" s double the u the v s....

Last edited:
Girbuads will forever be the best jeans...
Nothing but Facts! 

I remember being in summer school in summer school in 2000 in New Orleans when I first saw a cat rocking the shuttle jeans. Once I saw them I had to have a pair. But those jeans were around $70+ so moms wasn't gonna get a me a pair. WHen I started working the next summer I caught a couple pairs on clearance. To this day I still miss those Girbaud jeans. I would be the first in line to cop em if they ever came out again. 

In the early 2000's locally the Hot Boys were the one that really started to rock girbaud jeans and that's when they took off nationally. 

Also found this article on Girbaud and how theres still an underground market for them. 

http://qz.com/589104/custom-girbauds/

GRINDIN

GRINDIN came out yeaaaars later when they were already established... arguably it book ended da OG hood run of da Neptunes..

(Before any of that star trak stuff came into play)

Kelis, da second ODB album, Jay-Z i just wanna love you, Ray-J wait a min, Philly's most wanted please dont mind, etc. All dropped before GRINDIN..

Girbauds were the worst man. Always hated them :lol:.

I was surprised at how poppin they were when I moved to ATL in '07 :x.

GRINDIN came out yeaaaars later when they were already established... arguably it book ended da OG hood run of da Neptunes..

(Before any of that star trak stuff came into play)

Kelis, da second ODB album, Jay-Z i just wanna love you, Ray-J wait a min, Philly's most wanted please dont mind, etc. All dropped before GRINDIN..

Damb thats right lol.

Lookin at me to grindin was a 4 year period .....crazy.

Back
Top Bottom