How was the early 2000s?

Girbauds were the worst man. Always hated them :lol:.

I was surprised at how poppin they were when I moved to ATL in '07 :x.

Damn thats OD late :rofl:

NYC had dumped those before da jersey era even began. By 2002 u was lowkey getting laughed at...that season of da colorful straps were da kiss of death.

Yea them thangs was still around in the south in 06 07.

Wipe me down was in 07 and dudes was still doin the boosie thing

Never like those shuttle pants either. :x

That was too much for me.

Girbaud brand x jeans >>

GRINDIN came out yeaaaars later when they were already established... arguably it book ended da OG hood run of da Neptunes..

(Before any of that star trak stuff came into play)

Kelis, da second ODB album, Jay-Z i just wanna love you, Ray-J wait a min, Philly's most wanted please dont mind, etc. All dropped before GRINDIN..

Damb thats right lol.

Lookin at me to grindin was a 4 year period .....crazy.

And there was ZERO mixtapes that rappers put out themselves, a rare DJ clue, KaySlay every 6 months or so so that time period is when music was well digested cuz it dropped way slower than it does now...

Between 97-06 was da golden era of producers:

-neptunes
-swizz beatz
-timbaland
-mannie fresh
-premier
-havoc from mobb deep
-hitmen badboy production team
-kanye
-just-blaze
-dame grease
-DR dre
-Cool & dre Terror Squad

Etc.

Now u got all these cheap fruity loop production cats...

Agreed.

Btw...i know dudes are talkin about the early 2000s but

06....07.. like the wipe me down era

Was AWESOME :rofl:

:rofl:
:smokin
:smokin
8)
0]
:evil:
:smh:

Damn thats OD late
roll.gif

NYC had dumped those before da jersey era even began. By 2002 u was lowkey getting laughed at...that season of da colorful straps were da kiss of death.

Nothing but Facts! 

In the early 2000's locally the Hot Boys were the one that really started to rock girbaud jeans and that's when they took off nationally. 

Also found this article on Girbaud and how theres still an underground market for them. 

http://qz.com/589104/custom-girbauds/
Bauds been around since the 80's in New Orleans.

Original African cuts with the crack stash pocket on the side.  That strap stuff was next millennium steez.

These:

View media item 2027557
Only the finest girls wore these. And they all was hella good at the chickenhead

I remember being a freshman and walking in with this fit

View media item 2027572View media item 2027573View media item 2027574View media item 2027575
But my forces also had this on em

View media item 2027576
Everybody was on chaboy except for this one og. He gave me the :smh: and I immediately knew what was up. Didn't wear them again. I blame Fabolous and all the other fugazi shoe wearing rappers of the early 2000s.

Bauds been around since the 80's in New Orleans.

Original African cuts with the crack stash pocket on the side.  That strap stuff was next millennium steez.

These:
My bad. I meant to say shuttle jeans. Yea, I remember the baud's being around since the early 90's. 

Those Girbauds with the straps were so corny, don't know how anyone rocked those.

Pen Pocket Girbauds from the early 90's > anything they made after them. They were short lived though, when we got up on Guess.

Those Girbauds with the straps were so corny, don't know how anyone rocked those.

Pen Pocket Girbauds from the early 90's > anything they made after them. They were short lived though, when we got up on Guess.
Naw bro. Those were the epitome of hip-hop fashion in the 2000's. Girbauds, a fresh white tee, some air force 1's, and a NY fitted was the goat fit.

When dudes were rocking those clear Forces that showed off their socks LMAO. 

The ringtone era when you would have a different ringtone for everybody in your phone. Use to see those stupid "text 577CrankDat for the Soulja Boy ringtone" commercials on every channel. 

Quality black films like You Got Served, Hardball, Love & Basketball, Brown Sugar & Biker Boyz.

When dudes were rocking those clear Forces that showed off their socks LMAO. 

The ringtone era when you would have a different ringtone for everybody in your phone. Use to see those stupid "text 577CrankDat for the Soulja Boy ringtone" commercials on every channel. 

Quality black films like You Got Served, Hardball, Love & Basketball, Brown Sugar & Biker Boyz.

View media item 2027763

Damn, makes me feel old as hell...

Class of 2000 :wow:

Kind of the time before technology boomed and took over our lives.

Parties were wild, and it was all word of mouth. Talking to girls was actually talking to girls, communication was done via land line. Going on the internet was done via land line :smile:lol). Gas was cheaper.

Just different, we have more information now than we know what to do with.

damn that good ol days man

And1 mixtapes

:wow: :rofl: this era was ridiculous...trying to play D and watching a dude for a good 5min trying all kinds of crossovers pretty much in the same spot.... :rofl: trynna catch you off guard throwing the ball in your face

I can't front though, my boy had a video camera, we even started recording our own mixtapes on the court :rofl: :smh:

I can't recall how many sprints I had to run in high school practice because I was trying to do 'And 1' mixtape moves on my teammates. Coaches would get pissed.

Also remember trying to 'customize' a beat up pair of all white 1 Mids.

I'll never forget the first play of my 1st practice in organized basketball ....did a 360 layup for abslolutely no reason :lol: ...too much and 1/street ball and Jason Williams highlights :pimp:

Shooting the Sh*t without staring at phones
This is probably what I miss the most. I didn't even have a celly until late 2002, and it was Nokia 5110. Only used it to get people to link up, after that the phones were put away. I remember drunkenly losing a couple phones and not even giving a damb. "I'll pick another one up this weekend."
laugh.gif

Between 97-06 was da golden era of producers:

-swizz beatz

Now u got all these cheap fruity loop production cats...

dude, some of swizz beats joints sound like the demo on a walmart casio keyboard

for every one fire joint, there were 10 or more that weren't even 'filler' quality

i found some of it insulting to hip hop at the time

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom