How was the early 2000s?

I'm 34 so this was college years for me. Jesus let's see...

Technology was JUST starting to really pop off. Internet speeds were getting faster and social media was just taking off. Blackplanet was on fire and Myspace was just starting to pop as well. Facebook came in 04 and was for college students only at first. This era is the original emoji and slide in her DM's era. Changed the game as far as shooting at the ****. :lol:

I can't really say cell phones weren't big yet because I was late to the cell phone game and I got my first one in the summer or 2002 after my freshman year in college. Had the 2-way before my cell. Thought I was DOIN IT. Then the T-Mobile Sidekick dropped and was like the flyest **** ever. You was playa if you had a 2-way...you was a god if you had a Sidekick when it first dropped. :rofl:

A ton of music and new artists were gaining traction during this era as well. Some of the biggest names in hip hop had their runs during this era. Alotta timeless party/dance tracks were made. I remember the first time I heard 50 was at a step show at Baylor my freshman year. They played In Da Club back to back to back and had that thang jumpin! Jay pretty much took over the game during this time too.

Clothes were ridiculously oversized. No need to go into detail. I'm ashamed lol.

Early 2000's were just fun and laid back man tbh. Music was definitely poppin'. You still had to shoot at chicks in person with legit spit game but social media definitely helped to set the encounters up. We was local jokers before myspace, facebook, and blackplanet. With those we became international playas! :rofl:

- Preciate it.

The fact that we are the same age and went to baylor at the exact same time :nerd: LOL

I'm 34 so this was college years for me. Jesus let's see...

Technology was JUST starting to really pop off. Internet speeds were getting faster and social media was just taking off. Blackplanet was on fire and Myspace was just starting to pop as well. Facebook came in 04 and was for college students only at first. This era is the original emoji and slide in her DM's era. Changed the game as far as shooting at the ****. :lol:

I can't really say cell phones weren't big yet because I was late to the cell phone game and I got my first one in the summer or 2002 after my freshman year in college. Had the 2-way before my cell. Thought I was DOIN IT. Then the T-Mobile Sidekick dropped and was like the flyest **** ever. You was playa if you had a 2-way...you was a god if you had a Sidekick when it first dropped. :rofl:

A ton of music and new artists were gaining traction during this era as well. Some of the biggest names in hip hop had their runs during this era. Alotta timeless party/dance tracks were made. I remember the first time I heard 50 was at a step show at Baylor my freshman year. They played In Da Club back to back to back and had that thang jumpin! Jay pretty much took over the game during this time too.

Clothes were ridiculously oversized. No need to go into detail. I'm ashamed lol.

Early 2000's were just fun and laid back man tbh. Music was definitely poppin'. You still had to shoot at chicks in person with legit spit game but social media definitely helped to set the encounters up. We was local jokers before myspace, facebook, and blackplanet. With those we became international playas! :rofl:

- Preciate it.

The fact that we are the same age and went to baylor at the exact same time :nerd: LOL

:wow: SlimK? that you?!? I think I remembered someone saying you were on here.....

I been rocking with your Slowdowns and Purple Children for a minute now.

Keep doin your thing :smokin

Thanks to Justin Timberlake & Britney Spears splitting up, this dope song called "Cry Me a River" came out. I know yall remember, this is for sure my all time favorite Justin Timberlake song!

Tower Records! I remember hittin up those stores and some of the prices were ridiculous. Like $20-25 for some of the double disc albums smh.

Tower Records! I remember hittin up those stores and some of the prices were ridiculous. Like $20-25 for some of the double disc albums smh.

You could go at Monday night and wait for it to hit midnight to cop new releases that came out Tuesday

Man I miss those days

I don't miss paying $18 for a new album at all. 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

More so the late 2000s but my girl and I have been watching Flavor of Love and I Love New York on Hulu. These shows are CLASSIC :rofl: I feel like they got away with a lot more on reality TV back then before everything got OD PC and scripted. So hilarious to see all the girls in Apple Bottoms/Baby Phat and the guys stuck in the baggy era :lol:

The first three Tony Hawk games. CLASSIC. Manual combos changed the game :lol:

Last edited:
class of '02 Atlantic High School. i was 18 in 2002 and maaaaaaaaaaan, those were the days. me and my boys were clubbin all up and down west palm, ft. lauderdale, miami. coconut grove was LIT :pimp:. we'd make that hour drive in 35 minutes lol. Dancehall started to pop off big when Sean Paul, Wayne Wonder, Elephant Man...then the whole reggaeton with Tego, Don Omar, Daddy Yankee. when Uh-oh by Lumidee came on in the club it was a wrap! :wow:. so many memories. too many to list. definitely had a blast back then, me and my boys still reminisce about it til this day and pretty much everybody married or got kids now lol.

Also 02 checking in. That summer was all about smoking L's to Styles' Good Times. Pretty much the anthem of that entire summer. Hip-hop's downfall began shortly thereafter. I'd say after 2004 it was a wrap.

GTA III dropping in Fall 2001 was
nthat.gif
. Countless late night playing that with my boys.

House parties were still a regular thing. Does that even happen even more?
laugh.gif

AIM was still an easy way to kick game and make plans.

Phat Farm and Sean John sweats were acceptable evening attire.

The birth of frat pack movies when Old School dropped in 2003.

Street racing was pretty prevalent or even just modding imports and stunting after Fast and Furious in 2001.

AIM was still an easy way to kick game and make plans.

Street racing was pretty prevalent or even just modding imports and stunting after Fast and Furious in 2001.

Used to go to Hunts Point to watch races over the weekend and I remember always telling chicks I street raced on weekends on AIM after the "what do you do for fun" question :lol:

Last edited:
class of '02 Atlantic High School. i was 18 in 2002 and maaaaaaaaaaan, those were the days. me and my boys were clubbin all up and down west palm, ft. lauderdale, miami. coconut grove was LIT
pimp.gif
. we'd make that hour drive in 35 minutes lol. Dancehall started to pop off big when Sean Paul, Wayne Wonder, Elephant Man...then the whole reggaeton with Tego, Don Omar, Daddy Yankee. when Uh-oh by Lumidee came on in the club it was a wrap!
eek.gif
. so many memories. too many to list. definitely had a blast back then, me and my boys still reminisce about it til this day and pretty much everybody married or got kids now lol.
1984 baby/Class of 2002!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom