HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

Count me in for several pairs of scream greens. Hope the QC isn’t too shabby. I wonder if they will finally do a proper retro of the resin colorway as well.

Ooooo toe box looking extra pointy
Me likey
26F15A4A-644C-4AE7-8193-D608778685DB.jpeg

Does anyone with good Huarache knowledge care to enlighten whether this is a good return to OG form? It looks better to my novice eyes
This might be the closest Nike has got to the original. The shape, colors, wider toe cap all look on point. The green actually looks like it has a hint of volt in it like the originals. They finally added the correct patch on the tongue. The 2000 retro was good but it was missing a few details the separated it from the original. The 2014 had horrible shape and fit.

This might be the closest Nike has got to the original. The shape, colors, wider toe cap all look on point. The green actually looks like it has a hint of volt in it like the originals. They finally added the correct patch on the tongue. The 2000 retro was good but it was missing a few details the separated it from the original. The 2014 had horrible shape and fit.

Appreciate the breakdown. It definitely looks better to my eyes form recent retro models. And I always prefer a sleeker toe. Glad to hear that other features are looking improved. At least from these early pics

As someone who had an OG pair of the sport turquoise/gold pair in 1992 for track (high jump), and who's classmate came onto the school bus on a Monday morning back in 1991, telling me his dad did a 10k, won some prizes and one was his choice of sneakers, so my classmate said he got the new Huaraches. I said no way, he said look down. And I looked down and HOLY ****!! That was a day I'll NEVER forget. The 1st time seeing Huaraches in person and I was STUNNED at the way they looked (when running shoes did NOT look like that).

Those photos, IMO, are the best retro they have done, and until I have them in hand, look to be better than the 2000 pair (I have 2 pairs of those and those were GOOD). The 2014 pair is meh. I'm gonna sell my DS pair in a few days. The shape and toe from the photos, look on point, and the colors are pretty dang close. Green translucent heel strap, and the cherry on top is the original Huarache tongue patch.

I've said it multiple times, I'm selling the majority of my sneaker collection, while keeping a small core group of sneakers. And I'm not really buying anything UNLESS there is some special meaning to them. I passed on the Fire Red IVs due to quality. I'm gonna gamble with a pair of Carmines as I passed on my pair back in 1991-1992 school year (9th grade) for my 2nd pair of black/infrareds, and I regretted that for years. Carmines mean something, so I'm getting one pair. The OG Huaraches mean something to me, as it brings me back to Junior High, when I didn't have any illnesses (I deal with Crohn's badly bow and in 10th grade I developed Ulcerative Colitis). 9th grade track was awesome. I found a nitch (high jump) that I didn't know I could do, and do well enough to actually letter for varsity, and I did it while wearing OG Huaraches (albeit the turquoise/gold pair). But I need pairs of these!!! 👍👍

As someone who had an OG pair of the sport turquoise/gold pair in 1992 for track (high jump), and who's classmate came onto the school bus on a Monday morning back in 1991, telling me his dad did a 10k, won some prizes and one was his choice of sneakers, so my classmate said he got the new Huaraches. I said no way, he said look down. And I looked down and HOLY ****!! That was a day I'll NEVER forget. The 1st time seeing Huaraches in person and I was STUNNED at the way they looked (when running shoes did NOT look like that).

Those photos, IMO, are the best retro they have done, and until I have them in hand, look to be better than the 2000 pair (I have 2 pairs of those and those were GOOD). The 2014 pair is meh. I'm gonna sell my DS pair in a few days. The shape and toe from the photos, look on point, and the colors are pretty dang close. Green translucent heel strap, and the cherry on top is the original Huarache tongue patch.

I've said it multiple times, I'm selling the majority of my sneaker collection, while keeping a small core group of sneakers. And I'm not really buying anything UNLESS there is some special meaning to them. I passed on the Fire Red IVs due to quality. I'm gonna gamble with a pair of Carmines as I passed on my pair back in 1991-1992 school year (9th grade) for my 2nd pair of black/infrareds, and I regretted that for years. Carmines mean something, so I'm getting one pair. The OG Huaraches mean something to me, as it brings me back to Junior High, when I didn't have any illnesses (I deal with Crohn's badly bow and in 10th grade I developed Ulcerative Colitis). 9th grade track was awesome. I found a nitch (high jump) that I didn't know I could do, and do well enough to actually letter for varsity, and I did it while wearing OG Huaraches (albeit the turquoise/gold pair). But I need pairs of these!!! 👍👍
This is interesting as we can thank runners for the Huarache to still be released years after years as a very few people believed in this shoe so they produced a few quantity and sell it to runners, correct me if I'm wrong. It's great as it goes with what the shoe is, a one you can wear for a very long time, very lightweight. And comfortable. Adaptive to the feet. On many aspects this shoe is apart a lot of them. As it goes beyond sneakerheads even if there was some kind of hype a few years back. Easy to cop. Not the pricey one. A lot of advantages. And a great alternative to Air Max for comfort. + durability. Love this shoe.

This is interesting as we can thank runners for the Huarache to still be released years after years as a very few people believed in this shoe so they produced a few quantity and sell it to runners, correct me if I'm wrong. It's great as it goes with what the shoe is, a one you can wear for a very long time, very lightweight. And comfortable. Adaptive to the feet. On many aspects this shoe is apart a lot of them. As it goes beyond sneakerheads even if there was some kind of hype a few years back. Easy to cop. Not the pricey one. A lot of advantages. And a great alternative to Air Max for comfort. + durability. Love this shoe.

Your right on the money. When Tinker made the first batch of shoes (5,000 I think) he took them to a large race )not sure if it was a marathon or track meet, but the story goes, he wasn't expecting them to sell and he sold out of the entire batch that day. If I'm off on the particulars, someone can add to the story. 👍

Your right on the money. When Tinker made the first batch of shoes (5,000 I think) he took them to a large race )not sure if it was a marathon or track meet, but the story goes, he wasn't expecting them to sell and he sold out of the entire batch that day. If I'm off on the particulars, someone can add to the story. 👍
I was thinking of a marathon too before you mentioned it, but wasn't sure either and lazy on doing researches :lol:

EDIT : https://cultedge.com/nike-air-huarache-history/

Those Escapes FIRE! None of those colours coordinate at all but they look really good. The earth/element tones suit the huarache.

best huarache runner that did not have a neoprene toe box

951d6218eebfa3d8d882d22ba222a5b4.jpg

ended up getting them in 9.5 and I was wearing them w/ out insoles because it was either that or cut a toe off

Similar experience here. Biggest I could find was a size 11, but I wear 11.5 in huarache runners. Never took the insoles out of mine, but I sure did look fresh with numb feet.

I kinda want the scream greens. I got a slighly used pair off goat about 2 years ago. They still holding up nicely.
Go for it man, this new release looks worth buying. I doubled up on the 2014 Screams, but will buy the new model and sell the old. I'm interested to know how these will fit? I'm guessing they will be like the '91 pack but not sure.

I'm concerned about the sizing too. I think I went up a full size. Not sure if these will fit like that.

I'm concerned about the sizing too. I think I went up a full size. Not sure if these will fit like that.

Same here, too bad there aren’t any early review videos on YouTube yet. I remember owning the original Stussy pair and having to remove the insole. If we don’t get any reviews before the 19th I’m definitely going .5 up.

Back
Top Bottom