************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

Worst storm since 1901 here in NY is what i heard on the radio. Streets are dead, way too quiet.

ll i see walking around are stray cats.

Quick to get at him, but before he brought up the S&P stand he brought up the rides his children road over the summer at the boardwalk, and even the rides he went on with them.
Not sure if you were poking fun at him or anything, but he seems to be handling the situation better than Bloomberg is, as far as being a person about it and not a politician. (I'm from NY, if that matters)
Wish I knew what this statue is of, but still a chilling photo.
To be fair, you're right; he said a lot of good things, too and I'm not trying to say he's not handling the situation well or anything like that. I just couldn't help but laugh when he said that and wanted to share.

Brooklyn/Knicks game WILL be played as scheduled. The LIRR and regular trains won't be up by then. Its going to be traffic hell that night over on Atlantic/Flatbush and the surrounding area.

He's doing a good job with the added bonus of being fat while lamenting restaurant losses, very funny. No need to work brains over it.

Partial Bus Service Restored
Manhattan
M2, M5, M8, M11, M14, M15, SBS15, M34, M34A, M22, M57, M60, M86, M96, M101
Bronx
Bx1, Bx6, Bx7, Bx8, Bx10, Bx12, SBS12, Bx16, Bx23, Bx27, Bx36, Bx38, Bx40, Bx41, Bx55, Q50
Brooklyn
B1, B3, B15, B35, B41, B44, B46, B61, B82, Q58, Q59
Queens
Q4, Q6, Q7, Q10, Q12, Q22, Q23, Q25, Q33, Q46, Q50, Q60, Q65, Q66, Q69, Q101, Q113
Staten Island
S40, S46, S48, S53, S59, S61, S62, S74, S78, SBS79
Some routes may be operating with minor detours due to street conditions, customers are advised to look for signage at bus stops.

Link

Thanks bruh for this update .... I ned a QM bus going to Wall n Water tomorrow .. I wonder if they will be running ...

I dont know how else to get to my firm ...

How is first ave looking. Im going to try and go to work tomorrow (around 1st and 28th).
Too much work/help needed for me to just be sitting in the crib.

NY Scanner  ‏@NYScanner

Brooklyn: Multiple NYPD Officers enroute to the 60 Precinct to help out with Mobs who are looting storefronts in several neighborhoods.

this was a few hours ago

it doesnt seem like any of the news outlets are reporting anything about looting

should be interesting in lower manhattan tonight
there's scum going to houses dressed as con-ed robbing at gunpoint
mean.gif
animals gonna animal.

Spec im sorry to hear about everything, really.
i mean its brooklyn so i aint surprised.

and yea da heightz is gucci out here, this where "heightz" comes in handy, we're way above sea level so aint no flooding, da trees from around my immediate area is intact, only thing

i saw fallen was a modells sporting goods sign that fell off da building, i still got full power, no

internet, guess its down, so im tethering my PC to my galaxy nexus. George washington bridge is closed, and da trains is da wrap..looks like salt water really ravaged a good chunk

of da system, they're saying its da worst damage in its 108 year history.
how high above sea level are you?

NY Scanner ‏@NYScanner

Brooklyn: Multiple NYPD Officers enroute to the 60 Precinct to help out with Mobs who are looting storefronts in several neighborhoods.

this was a few hours ago

it doesnt seem like any of the news outlets are reporting anything about looting

should be interesting in lower manhattan tonight
there's scum going to houses dressed as con-ed robbing at gunpoint :smh:

animals gonna animal.

Spec im sorry to hear about everything, really.

i mean its brooklyn so i aint surprised.

and yea da heightz is gucci out here, this where "heightz" comes in handy, we're way above sea level so aint no flooding, da trees from around my immediate area is intact, only thing

i saw fallen was a modells sporting goods sign that fell off da building, i still got full power, no

internet, guess its down, so im tethering my PC to my galaxy nexus. George washington bridge is closed, and da trains is da wrap..looks like salt water really ravaged a good chunk

of da system, they're saying its da worst damage in its 108 year history.
how high above sea level are you?

Ten blocks from the northern end of Washington Heights, in its Hudson Heights neighborhood near Pinehurst Avenue and 183rd Street in Bennett Park, is a plaque marking Manhattan’s highest natural elevation, 265 ft (80.8 m) above sea level, at what was the location of Fort Washington, the Revolutionary War camp of General George Washington and his troops, from whom Washington Heights takes its name.

and this is walking distance from where i stay at, so that gives you more or less of a idea of how high my hood above sea level, da team that preceded yankees were called

da "NY Highlanders" and they played where da Presbyterian hospital now stands at on 168 street and broadway.

Last edited:
Quick to get at him, but before he brought up the S&P stand he brought up the rides his children road over the summer at the boardwalk, and even the rides he went on with them.
Not sure if you were poking fun at him or anything, but he seems to be handling the situation better than Bloomberg is, as far as being a person about it and not a politician. (I'm from NY, if that matters)
Wish I knew what this statue is of, but still a chilling photo.

Statue is of Alex Haley in Annapolis, MD

Looks like a desolate wasteland in parts of NYC...crazy!

Glad some of ya'll are safe out there.

^I don't believe the 1st pic is real.

supposedly its from Union Beach, NJ
source

------------
tumblr_mcqi8xteek1re3ghpo1_1280.jpg

At the Clark Street station in Brooklyn Heights, several transit workers said they had tried to walk through the No. 2 train tunnel to Wall Street in the early afternoon but had to turn back because it was still full of water.

Link

Bus service is free tomorrow as well

Last edited:
That One57 project is FINISHED now. 

I heard those apartments were going for tens of millions of dollars.

That crane could drop at any time they say. 

damn bruhh been browsing through this thread

a lot of sad pictures in here :frown:

hope everyone is okay,

all you guys out there stay safe and keep ya heads up

A lot of power out around my way in NJ... So many trees down as well. A lot of blocks closed off too. There's also flooding going on in nearby towns :nerd:

Luckily my power is on... Only thing out is my cable. My backyard took on a little bit of damage but nothing serious.

Best wishes out to everyone who has it bad.

Back
Top Bottom