************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

Yea i went at like 3 AM last night to get gas and i still had to wait like 10 mins. There were about 5 cars in front of me. Beats waiting behind 40 cars that are lined up during the day. This was in Commack NY

just got an update - still no power in my house (border of Queens and LI) but some friends in LI are getting their power back today so LIPA is doing something.

Gas has become a major issue - I've had to drive to NJ for work because our studios in the Empire State Building aren't working. I won't have enough gas to make it back here tomorrow.

Gonna try and find some late tonight. Crossing fingers.

Does anyone know if you are allowed to enter Rockaway coming from Brooklyn? My friends and I are looking to head in there tomorrow to help out our friends who were affected.

My man Buzzy is doing some work on the subway down in Lower Manhattan, and my man said they are ARMED when going down there, due to the Rat population swimming their butts off looking for food. He said they've got to get sanitation to lay some serious poison down in order to kill off what coming to the top.....
frown.gif

Last edited:
Picked up my friend in Howard Beach to bring him to a house near his job, which he hasn't been all week.

Damn, Howard Beach is a mess.

Also tried to get gas anywhere, gave up to conserve the gas I already have.

Saw people running with containers from one gas station to another, looking like a Black Friday sale, almost getting run over in the streets.

My man Buzzy is doing some work on the subway down in Lower Manhattan, and my man said they are ARMED when going down there, due to the Rat population swimming their butts off looking for food. He said they've got to get sanitation to lay some serious poison down in order to kill off what coming to the top.....:frown:

:x :x

:x

Been speaking with my family over there all week. For the most part no one got him, just some minor things. But the stories, and photos I see just hurts.

People were fighting of gas today...GAS, in lines two hours long
Its crazy to see how a major city operates when everything is practically put to a halt for a period of time. People be stealing, fighting, and a lot of other stuff.

I was watching the news earlier and they are flying over power repair trucks from California in giant aircraft to help. 

"When the chips are down, these uh, these "civilized people," they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."

|I
-------------------

tumblr_mb3kn6CuRX1qcb5fko1_250.gif

jelly

Last edited:
When I was navigating around Howard Beach, every bank had a cop in front of it.

A lot of cops working the gas stations as well.

Picked up my friend in Howard Beach to bring him to a house near his job, which he hasn't been all week.

Damn, Howard Beach is a mess.

Also tried to get gas anywhere, gave up to conserve the gas I already have.

Saw people running with containers from one gas station to another, looking like a Black Friday sale, almost getting run over in the streets.

really? i need to check up on a friend :smh:

Last edited:
Could they not siphon out the gas from the underground vessels? I hope this is a great learning experience for how we all can prepare for any sort of break from the norm. It's all a bit sad... Everyone needs a cache of propane gas, water, batteries, and canned food.. Doomsday people weren't too far off.

During tonight's Hurricane Sandy press conference, Governor Cuomo and MTA Chairman Joe Lhota announced that some subways were being added back into service: [COLOR=#red]There's 7 service between 74th Street and Main in Queens and the M is back between 34th Street in Manhattan and Jamaica in Queens[/COLOR]. Also exciting: The under-the-East River tunnels for the 4, 5, and F are now dry, tested and waiting for Con Ed to turn on the power!
Cuomo was proud of what's the been so far, "Progress is happening literally on an hourly basis. Progress is amazingly advanced for what we expected." He said that the 4, 5, and F can be restored within two hours of Con Ed bringing power back, so obviously Cuomo wants power for the subways and all New Yorkers. Con Edison has said that power might be back tomorrow... or Saturday, or maybe Sunday.

Here's the new map of service (PDF).

Link

sh*t too real out here; just waited 3 hours in line for gas & before i could even get in da parking lot cops came & said no more gas :smh:. hope everyone is safe. i still don't have any power & pretty much da same for my city (Newark).

Back
Top Bottom