I realized life was no joke when...

When I got fired from my bank job back in '05. I picked my last check and drove to Starbucks and sat in their patio area for about 3 hours. Realizing that I have no have job and thinking how the F am I going to pay my bills? A few days later, I swallowed my pride and went to one of those job agencies. About a week later I got a call saying that they have a whs job for me. I took it. Honestly it wasn't too bad. Met some cool people. Took a while to snap out of that "I got fired" funk. Luckily my girl at the time was very supportive. I had to go to the agency weekly to pick up my check. On one of those days, I ran into one of the guys I worked with back at the bank. Since the checks were drawn off the bank that I worked for, he was there promoting free checking accounts for people who were interested. I don't know why, but it just felt so degrading running into him. For the 3 months that I worked at that whs, living paycheck to paycheck, it just does something to you. Never want to have to live through that kind of emotion ever again.

One rainy evening in August 2000, I walked into a McDonald's and was standing in line when I felt a chill go through my spine. I knew something was off. Could feel it in the air like Phil Collins, or better yet-- Beanie Sigel. All of a sudden it was my turn to order.... but I couldn't talk, I was frozen. Bruh.... the Arch Deluxe had been discontinued.
Arch deluxe def missed!

Second coming for me was after my wife left me. Took my 5 kids and dipset back to Cali. Thought I was ganxta and hold the fort dolo. Wrong. Sucka for love

Wow you guys have gone through some serious stuff. I guess I always knew life was real being short and skinny and ethnic. I go no respect from guys and no love from girls from elementary through high school. Tried to laugh and joke through all of it but was pretty depressed inside and created a lot of anxiety. Unbelievable how much that is a driver nowadays and let’s me succeed.

One rainy evening in August 2000, I walked into a McDonald's and was standing in line when I felt a chill go through my spine. I knew something was off. Could feel it in the air like Phil Collins, or better yet-- Beanie Sigel. All of a sudden it was my turn to order.... but I couldn't talk, I was frozen. Bruh.... the Arch Deluxe had been discontinued.
I AM LITERALLY YELLING :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm here reading all of these sad and real life situations and son comes through with this.

I'm thinking the place is about to get robbed or a fire or something :lol:

I miss the arch deluxe as well. Never came back around my way.

Wow you guys have gone through some serious stuff. I guess I always knew life was real being short and skinny and ethnic. I go no respect from guys and no love from girls from elementary through high school. Tried to laugh and joke through all of it but was pretty depressed inside and created a lot of anxiety. Unbelievable how much that is a driver nowadays and let’s me succeed.

in a way, you kinda have an advantage...you found out early that it can be a cold *** world growing up poor, ethnic and ugly. :lol:

for contrast, consider the attractive woman who has no idea why people have been so nice to her since she was 16 or so and that they will slow way down around 30.

I had to earn all my goodwill the hard way in my formative years, and it taught me a lot about the nature of people...wouldn't trade the knowledge.

in a way, you kinda have an advantage...you found out early that it can be a cold *** world growing up poor, ethnic and ugly. :lol:

for contrast, consider the attractive woman who has no idea why people have been so nice to her since she was 16 or so and that they will slow way down around 30.

I had to earn all my goodwill the hard way in my formative years, and it taught me a lot about the nature of people...wouldn't trade the knowledge.
Damn, he aint say nothing about ugly. You just through that in there lol

You can’t find a career. I’m currently employed and just finished college a few months ago. However the job I have is not what I want to do and is pretty much a dead end job, and I’m lacking the overall challenge. I’m currently throwing out my resume looking for a bite. It’s coming to the point where I’m appreciating a decline letter because at least I was somewhat considered. But I know I’m not the only one who’s in this position. I haven’t experienced anything as bad as some of the stories posted on this thread. Seems like many if not all have prevailed from rock bottom obstacles. Any advice for a new grad looking to begin his career or how to cope with feeling like you’re in a dead end?

-When I was a kid coming from soccer practice with my dad, and we were following a minibus that was carrying two of my teammates and best friends. They were a few cars in front of us. A crazy driver came out of a side street and T-Bone the bus. Lucia is all mountains and hills; so the bus goes down the side of a hill, and flips over god knows how many times. My homies die on the spot. Ten years old and saw the last moments of my two of best friends' lives.

-When I was stopped and frisked in Flatbush Brooklyn by three cops, in the cut, hardly anyone around, and I notice one had pistol drawn. He keeps pointing it at me barking out instructions. The entire energy of the situation made me think I was about to be executed. It might or been irrational but then again, maybe it was not. Real talk, like I heard people in the distance and I was debating to either shut up and hope for the best, yell for help, or yell out "Tell my mom I love her" because we were beefing at the time.

-The moment my aunt told me my dad was dead. I sat silently in the car for like two mins; then I started coughing like crazy. I was in such shock I stopped breathing. I cried so much that night tears stop coming out after a while

Last edited:
Age of 11, I was skipping middle school in and out. Bunch of bad influences and what really matter was, that i was the only Asian dude in the whole school as everyone was black. Not that i didn’t feel welcome but i wasn’t ready for what was ahead of me, coming out of 5th grade with all your buddies and then you get left out to be the lone person. So 6th grade, everyone was permitted to pass automatically, then 7th grade came, i skipped the whole entire year.
I found a skip house where other teenagers were skipping to, everyone was atleast 16+ years old, i was 11. Found another skip house since the former, the person who lived there said that we couldn’t come there anymore.
I would spend most of my time walking around blocks for days and return home by the same time schools out, prior to finding the second skip house. The second house was filled with mixed gangs and everyone would sleep over and such.

Finally, i went home and my parents had no hope but my mom called my uncle one late night and he asked if i wanted to go live in Georgia. I said yeah, not knowing that it was a serious question, two weeks later, a plane ticket was in place for me to move to Georgia and not come home 5 years later.
Corrected my wrong and I’ve learned so much.

-Got my first OWI ever last year during my birthday. Idk what was going on when i gain conscious in the middle of the road where my gf at that time was driving. I pissed her off, i drove and i launched my car once green light turned. There was a cop literally behind me and he threw on his lights and i knew it was over when i pulled to the side immediately. I could’ve gotten away if they hadn’t seen the bottle of hennysee in the back of my car, not that we were drinking while driving during that trip or any trip.
I absolutely learned my lesson that day going forward and now i have an interlock until August. Completed my therapy sessions after numerous headaches and obstacles, money going straight to the court house, SR22 insurance, Probationary license. Now, i have two more payments of the interlock and my license is reinstated, insurance is back to normal, i uber anywhere I’m drinking if i don’t get a ride, and i sleep at a friends house if I’m drinking. Really hurt me and put me into depression for quite some months. I’m good now and I’ve learned and glad i got pulled over.

There’s more..

Damn, he aint say nothing about ugly. You just through that in there lol

:lol: not a big leap of faith...the man said he got no love in elementary, if the valentines came in a 24-box and not 30 I imagine he got skipped. guess why?

When I lost my father to cancer this past December, I literally watched it take him. F’d me up for real. F*ck Cancer

My condolences, bro. I feel your pain. My mother had gall bladder cancer in late 2004, early 2005 and it had spread to her lymph nodes, I watched that woman fight every day for six months while I moved back home to help take care of her. Six days a week for six months, chemo and radiation. It didn't take her but DAMN, what a harrowing experience.

SEP 23 2001 7:15pm got shot 3 times one grazed my chest I have a scar of a perfect upside down heart there ,one got me in my right butt cheek and the other broke my right femur, like at getback said watching the sep 11 attacks was crazy I was like wow watching from my hospital bed , I couldn’t walk for more than a year once I could I became a drug addict , I went to Vegas in 2004 and got a couple of girls and lost my damn mind I remember snorting soooo much coke and turning blue that the girls ran out on me , I had never prayed in my life before but I prayed that day I said if you get me past this I will never touch this **** again next day I woke up Flew back home and looked at my mom dead in the face and told her MOM I AM A DRUG ADDICT I NEED HELP THAT WAS LEGIT THE HARDEST THING I HAD EVER DONE, I’m going on 14 yrs sober now

For me personally, this was the defining moment that made me realize this sh*t is real
20180313_073921.png

I was writing an article on Abella Danger so i was doing my homework in case yall wondering what i was doing on there...

When I was 12 and at my sister's house, heard a loud bang and we walk out of the backyard and see a man in the street. His head looked like a busted pumpkin.

Another time when I was at my sister's house, her fiancé was there. Her ex husband broke in and started to beat her fiancé with a crowbar, beat him unconscious. Me and my nephew run in to help and he leaves. My sister is hysterical, screaming and crying, "He's dead"

Getting diagnosed with scoliosis, I thought I would play football and make it. Noticed a lump in my back, go to the Dr. I'm told my spine is curved and I had to stop putting stress on it with certain excercises so football was out of the question.

Another sister I have that I haven't seen in 10+ years now. She wants nothing to do with us because of lies here mother told her about our father. The man isn't perfect but he loves his kids and whenever she's brought up I can see the pain in his face. Her mother passed recently from cancer and it hurt me a lot. Never met the woman but she was all my sister had. I still reach out, sometimes I get a reply but most times I don't. Parent's getting older and I would hate for my pops to pass without seeing his baby girl again.

Got hit by a car at 7 years old on my bike in the middle of an intersection. It was a hit and run. A man in his car was yelling at me saying I was blessed I'm alive. I remember begging my friend not to tell my parents about it.

My mom had surgery when I was 13 and she almost didn't survive. I remember when she was brought back home and seeing the shape she was in. The surgeon left a huge hole in her stomach. She lost close to 60 pounds in a month and was almost skeleton like. I'm still shocked at how strong she was to make it through.

I escaped death too many times...

Out of all my childhood best friends only one is alive - suicide (shot himself), ran over by a car, gun down and one was shot in the head and dumped in a ditch...every single one of them I was supposed to go with them and changed my mind at the very last minute.

My other best friend died at 34 of a blood clot. I was the last person he saw, 2 hours later he dropped dead at his house. He was found 2 days later.

(May Allah have mercy on their souls)

One of my friends was about to get shot in the face and I stood in front of him while the trigger was pulled 3 times (revolver), before I actually attack him. Gun only had 2 bullets in it. :lol:

Driving drunk one night, and car flipped in a canal - ditch. Still don’t know how I survived that, with no seat belt on.

Homeless twice. 3 months sleeping in a car and showering at a truck stop. 2nd time, quit my job and sold everything to start a chicken farm in Maryland. Didn’t work out, and came back with nothing but $10K. Had to do what I had to do until I found another job.

Remember, one night me and my partner ran up in someone house...trying to steal 5 pounds. Didn’t know the dude was in the back sleeping. Nonetheless, we was able to get out with an AK spraying at us.

Sold 4 pounds synthetic weed (tried to pass it off as gas :lol:) to this cats from out of town. They somehow found out where I lived and came to my grandmother’s door three times. Just so happened the last time, I pulled up with my homey and we followed them, there was a shootout on the road. 2 shots were by the side of my door, and 1 through the windshield between me and my homey. We lived that night. :lol:

Some of the women stories...

I’ve been stabbed by my ex in the shoulder (bicep tendon).

My other ex tried to run me over with her car because i broke up with her. Had to roll off the hood of the car.

Personal note:

I was my molested by someone when I was a younger child. I finally came out about it when I was 17-18. My father was locked up doing 13 years fed so he didn't know. However my mother knew, 4-5 months later...the dude who did it was gunned down. (May Allah have mercy on his soul). They still don’t know what happened.

Last edited:
souljaman22 souljaman22 i feel you , my mom and sister are going on 13 yrs not talking , for one of my sons birthday parties I got them to talk but it only lasted like 3 weeks they legit have anger towards each other, I feel like just telling both of them to just fight it out like forreal shut the hell up or fight:stoneface: :ohwell::smh:

When I got fired from my bank job back in '05. I picked my last check and drove to Starbucks and sat in their patio area for about 3 hours. Realizing that I have no have job and thinking how the F am I going to pay my bills? A few days later, I swallowed my pride and went to one of those job agencies. About a week later I got a call saying that they have a whs job for me. I took it. Honestly it wasn't too bad. Met some cool people. Took a while to snap out of that "I got fired" funk. Luckily my girl at the time was very supportive. I had to go to the agency weekly to pick up my check. On one of those days, I ran into one of the guys I worked with back at the bank. Since the checks were drawn off the bank that I worked for, he was there promoting free checking accounts for people who were interested. I don't know why, but it just felt so degrading running into him. For the 3 months that I worked at that whs, living paycheck to paycheck, it just does something to you. Never want to have to live through that kind of emotion ever again.

Man, I can relate so much to this right now. I just found out yesterday they are shutting down my department by July which means I am out of a job. I am freaking out because my life has bounced back over hitting rock bottom 6 years ago and I do not want to end up there again.

souljaman22 souljaman22 i feel you , my mom and sister are going on 13 yrs not talking , for one of my sons birthday parties I got them to talk but it only lasted like 3 weeks they legit have anger towards each other, I feel like just telling both of them to just fight it out like forreal shut the hell up or fight:stoneface: :ohwell::smh:
Only if women handled beef the way men do :lol:

Back
Top Bottom