I WANT TO ENCOURAGE A MORE CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION OVER RACE RELATIONS ON NT

I never said Spanish, I said Latino....and Argentinians don't claim to be white, they are Latino....same for any other white Latino, thing is we are a melting pot of everything under the sun....my boy is Nicaraguan and can pass for Chinese.....but ask him what he is and he will identify as latino...i don't see what's so wrong about that....you are literally denying us of our proud Latin label.

I never said Spanish, I said Latino....and Argentinians don't claim to be white, they are Latino....same for any other white Latino, thing is we are a melting pot of everything under the sun....my boy is Nicaraguan and can pass for Chinese.....but ask him what he is and he will identify as latino...i don't see what's so wrong about that....you are literally denying us of our proud Latin label.

Tbh, I believe racism is natural, you just have to have enough sense to know better.

If everyone was the same color, people would discriminate against hair color. If we all had the same hair color, it would be eye color. If we all had the same eye color, it would be size. So on and so on.

It's just the way humans are. We...or most of us, like to be around people we are similar to.

I mostly agree with this post. Racism isn't natural, the human propensity to create divide is. If it isn't race like you said, it will be something else. Race is just a genius way that Europeans came up with that was very effective. 

Being aware of this problem is a good start, but the same powers that create this divide are also in the business of keeping people uneducated. It is a system that perpetuates itself. 
Word to that Fairly Oddparents episode where Timmy wished everyone was grey blobs & that evil dentist & his son still thought they were the blobbiest of the blobbiest.

Society's doomed, b :smh:

I don't think some of you understand what a mind***** it is to be Latino and although Ninja is wrong for denying his black roots, you should step back and try to understand where he's coming from...maybe because I share Latin blood with him and grew up in the same atmosphere as him I'm not so quick to throw him under the guillotine.

Being Latino is something every Latin person is proud of, but even amongst our own people in our home countries to them we are outcasts....

http://thoughtcatalog.com/nicholle-...a-reflection-on-racial-and-ethnic-identities/

Hmm, so Argentinians don't claim to be white, but you are calling them "white latinos"

This is the definition of a delusional disorder.....when you believe your own bullcrap so much that you start contradicting yourself. 

I'm identifying them as such for the sake of the argument here to not confuse things....if I come across an Argentinian with light skin I'm not gonna say "hey there white Latino" :lol:

He's Latino/Hispanic to me....regardless of his skin color...lol

I guess every Latino you come across is gonna suffer from delusional disorder bro....or at least huge percentage of them....lol

Last edited:
Latino isn't a race though, Hispanic isn't a race

It isn't, I'm not speaking for Ninja on here, my wife has never denied her roots being an Afro-Latina, but she doesn't want to be identified as something other than a LATINA....why does that send so many NTers in a frenzy?...lol

The Census Bureau considers Hispanics a non-racial, linguistic/cultural group whose members can be of any race. However, most Hispanics don’t like the racial categories—white, black, Asian—available to them. The graph below shows that 56 percent think their race should be “Hispanic.” The American government, most notably when it collects crime statistics, considers Hispanics to be white, but only 20 percent of Hispanics consider themselves white.

Chart_6.jpg

http://www.amren.com/features/2012/09/how-well-do-hispanic-assimilate/

I think i'll just add this to the conversation. I think this confusion over what racial categories people are apart off is further proof that race is a nonsense concept that should have never been created which goes without saying.

NOW DONT GET ME WRONG just because race is not real (and when i say that its not real i mean it has no basis in biology) does not mean it has not had real consequences in our society in America because it has and that shows today because racial issues still exist today.

There have been three very important supreme court cases that decide what race is in America.

Dow vs. United States 

United States vs. Bhagat Singh Thing

Ozawa vs. United States

These cases where about people seeking naturalization as Americans but where denied. They took it to court because at the time their background/ethnicity would fit the criteria for what it mean to be white (because of other supreme court rulings) in America which should have allowed them to be naturalized but every time the definition of what it means to be white was changed so those groups would not be included in American whiteness.

By the end of these court cases the Supreme Court came to the decision that to be classified as white is "common knowledge" meaning what the common man saw you as thats what race you are. Meaning if people look at you and think you are white, black etc. thats what people will most likely treat you as in America. This court rulings set the precedent for people being obsessed with categorizing people into their "proper races" based off of which race they think they are apart of based off visuals alone. Ultimately the group at the top of the racial hierarchy in America decide what the racial categories are which goes back to white supremacy. Someone mentioned the census and peoples races have constantly been renamed and regrouped on the census because of this (although it had been happening before these court rulings as well) except white that one has remained constant and if anything has gotten more exclusive (which goes back to the if I look at you and think you are white you are white etc and what these court rulings did).  

While it is important to respect what someone identifies as at the same time it is important to remember that most people won't ask you what you identify as and they will just categorize you anyway and this can have a great impact on someones life experience.

Hopefully that clarifies a bit on why people talk about why what race people view you as in America matters as well as what you want to identify as.

Last edited:
You had a freudian slip, you implied that white latinos do not refer to themselves as white latino, then you called them white latinos. I wanted to defend you steezy but you're ninjahood in a different packaging. 

Bruhs I purposely chose to address how lightskinned Latinos identify as Latino and not white to avoid any backlash that comes if the same is said about dark skinned Latinos, bruh any Latino regardless of how white or how black they may be donot identify themselves by the color of their complexion, we are Latino bro, can someone answer me, why is this such a negative thing on NT?

Da census is a big instrument of imposing american ethnocentrism.

Da government knowing tbey weren't getting accurate descriptions changed da category foe da forthcoming census 2020, so now instead of this:

2010censusrace.png

And as a result getting this type of feedback..

Chart_6.jpg

Da next 2020 census will ask da questions like

proposednewcensusrace.png

All of this plays into what Ksteezy & i and apparently a whole lot of other latinos have said on da census.

You had a freudian slip, you implied that white latinos do not refer to themselves as white latino, then you called them white latinos. I wanted to defend you steezy but you're ninjahood in a different packaging. 
Bruhs I purposely chose to address how lightskinned Latinos identify as Latino and not white to avoid any backlash that comes if the same is said about dark skinned Latinos, bruh any Latino regardless of how white or how black they may be donot identify themselves by the color of their complexion, we are Latino bro, can someone answer me, why is this such a negative thing on NT?
If I could interject I haven't been on niketalk long but i don't think people are viewing it as a negative thing. I think they are just trying to say that even though you all view yourselves as Latino/a which isn't a bad thing. The things is people in America will still consider you a certain race based off of skin complexion alone because thats what the racial dynamics when it comes to person to person interactions in this country is. Thats what my post a few posts above is attempting to explain.

Last edited:
If you look at puerto rico's census information, 61% of them claim to be white & another 31% say's that they are of mixed race. I almost fell off my chair when i came across that. I'm born and raised in NY and have never seen a "white" puerto rican. Where they at?

View media item 1993318
Sisters

My wife doesn't identify as black and my sisternlaw doesn't identify as white, she has fair skin and green eyes...

They identify as Latina women.

Coming from the same parents....you guys expect one to identify as black while the other identifies as white?...someone explain this to me...

If I could interject I haven't been on niketalk long but i don't think people are viewing it as a negative thing. I think they are just trying to say that even though you all view yourselves as Latino/a which isn't a bad thing people in America will still consider you a certain race based off of skin complexion alone because thats what the racial dynamics when it comes to person to person interactions in this country is. Thats what my post a few posts above is attempting to explain.
Good post but not just in America, the color caste system in Latin American countries is in many ways worse than here. 
ohwell.gif
Thank you I forgot to mention this it is a global thing as well.

Last edited:
I don't think some of you understand what a mind***** it is to be Latino and although Ninja is wrong for denying his black roots, you should step back and try to understand where he's coming from...maybe because I share Latin blood with him and grew up in the same atmosphere as him I'm not so quick to throw him under the guillotine.

Being Latino is something every Latin person is proud of, but even amongst our own people in our home countries to them we are outcasts....

http://thoughtcatalog.com/nicholle-...a-reflection-on-racial-and-ethnic-identities/
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not throwing Ninjahood under the guillotine. It's just painful to watch him put so much effort into dodging the obvious, out of fear of accepting the fact that he suffers from black inferiority. It's not his own fault either. White men really ****** this planet up, injected themselves into a vast number of backgrounds. I know a few people who have group get togethers for black Latinos struggling with this type of thing.

Here's the gamut on Latinos, as I started a few pages back it's not a race. It's a community bonded in language. However, for whatever reason some Latinos want to bring this anti-American pride to the United States of America, yet benefit from our system of living. Once you come to America, you have to take a oath of allegiance:

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."
Maybe because they indeed don't know the struggle of black America, they can't fathom how disrespectful it is to come to someone else's country and try to establish an exclusive community. Our people fought and died improving this system and laying the ground work for resistance free immigration. Not only for Latinos, but Jews, and Asians.

Dominicans in the Heights are trying to make Washington Heights "Little DR". What makes what some Dominicans are doing different from Chinatown, Koreatown, or Little Italy, is that they do it in an "in-your-face" exclusive manner. As I posted in the article, establishing a culture which undermines American life and strictly caters to Dominican Republic culture. Then get upset when they taken out by someone more swift and efficient... 

their restaurant was a way to make Dominicans comfortable in their new country and the sisters have been weaving their culture and their love into the Washington Heights community since they opened their doors opened 26 years ago

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/mo...ights-forcing-out-longtime-mom-and-pop-shops/
They're literally walking around like "Bruh Man" from Martin, just taking what they want out of the fridge and then sneaking up the fire escape, back to their "crib". Eating up benefits and programs paid for by TAXPAYERS, meant for AMERICANS:

Last edited:
Sisters

My wife doesn't identify as black and my sisternlaw doesn't identify as white, she has fair skin and green eyes...

Coming from the same parents....you guys expect one to identify as black while the other identifies as white?...someone explain this to me...
I will attempt to explain it for you. I can only speak for myself but no I don't expect them to identify as white or black nor do I need them to if they identify as Latina and or Afro - Latina that is cool with me. But at the same time a lot of people in this country would treat them as either white or black just based off of their complexion alone and never ask what they would prefer to identify as and be treated as.

Thats what I was explaining here

If I could interject I haven't been on niketalk long but i don't think people are viewing it as a negative thing. I think they are just trying to say that even though you all view yourselves as Latino/a which isn't a bad thing. The things is people in America will still consider you a certain race based off of skin complexion alone because thats what the racial dynamics when it comes to person to person interactions in this country is. Thats what my post a few posts above is attempting to explain.
And in this post i explained part of why this is the case in America.

I think i'll just add this to the conversation. I think this confusion over what racial categories people are apart off is further proof that race is a nonsense concept that should have never been created which goes without saying.

NOW DONT GET ME WRONG just because race is not real (and when i say that its not real i mean it has no basis in biology) does not mean it has not had real consequences in our society in America because it has and that shows today because racial issues still exist today.

There have been three very important supreme court cases that decide what race is in America.

Dow vs. United States 

United States vs. Bhagat Singh Thing

Ozawa vs. United States

These cases where about people seeking naturalization as Americans but where denied. They took it to court because at the time their background/ethnicity would fit the criteria for what it mean to be white (because of other supreme court rulings) in America which should have allowed them to be naturalized but every time the definition of what it means to be white was changed so those groups would not be included in American whiteness.

By the end of these court cases the Supreme Court came to the decision that to be classified as white is "common knowledge" meaning what the common man saw you as thats what race you are. Meaning if people look at you and think you are white, black etc. thats what people will most likely treat you as in America. This court rulings set the precedent for people being obsessed with categorizing people into their "proper races" based off of which race they think they are apart of based off visuals alone. Ultimately the group at the top of the racial hierarchy in America decide what the racial categories are which goes back to white supremacy. Someone mentioned the census and peoples races have constantly been renamed and regrouped on the census because of this (although it had been happening before these court rulings as well) except white that one has remained constant and if anything has gotten more exclusive (which goes back to the if I look at you and think you are white you are white etc and what these court rulings did).  

While it is important to respect what someone identifies as at the same time it is important to remember that most people won't ask you what you identify as and they will just categorize you anyway and this can have a great impact on someones life experience.

Hopefully that clarifies a bit on why people talk about why what race people view you as in America matters as well as what you want to identify as.

Last edited:
View media item 1993318
Sisters

American politics would have them split by color imposing white or black..until they changed it.

White latino
black latino
mix latino
mulatto latino
mestizo latino.
Asian latino

Couldn't we all just be classified as just latino? Do we really need a sub-category to a sub-category. I mean we can carry on forever with these labels. I just want to be labeled a latino, and I wish not to be categorized any further than that.

Last edited:
Very few people on this planet have green eyes. Dude a lot of census data has latinos identifying themselves as white. I posted the demographics of puerto rico. How did the state start off with 60 percent black slaves and end up 80 percent "white".

I'm not the one who says latinos identify themselves as white, telemundo and the demographic data also does that. My question is why they never identify themselves as native or african when we know that's a huge part of their ancestry.

Well bro...I dunno...the media is that, media....controlled by a few not the many, who perhaps you are right about and eventhough they are Latino, rather have the light skinned Latinos rep us on tv, yes is messed up as hell.

I'm not gonna defend Telemundo or Univision...

I'm speaking of the common Latinos you'll come across in the street...regardless of skin tone, they are Latino first and foremost, do yourself a favor bro, go up to Hispanic people of any color on the street and ask them, what is your race? They will tell you I'm Hispanic....it's technically wrong, but that's our identifier, because with how mixed up we are, is really confusing to simply identify by the color of our skin....our gene pool isn't as pure as blacks, Asians and Caucasians....so what harm are we doing anyone by identifying as simply LATINO?

By NT logic, my wife would walk around telling the world she's black, while her sister of the same two parents will have to tell everyone she's white....how does that even begin to make sense...

Back
Top Bottom