I WANT TO ENCOURAGE A MORE CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION OVER RACE RELATIONS ON NT

And yet Meth already flamed ya cats that play da same game
I suspect you didn't read what meth posted at all.

Ironically whites used the same tactics to disenfranchise da negros like ninjahood in South America.

Somehow they don't subscribe to either ideology, but the same ideology they deny is conveniently being used to keep people in lower classes.

Oh look, racial resentment disguised as moral indignation [emoji]128580[/emoji]...

Ninjahood is black plain and simple I don't even know why there's a debate.  Just because he speaks spanish and his mom speaks spanish etc. has nothing to do with him being black.  Zoe Saldana can recognize it.  It's just like Selena Gomez is white, Christina Aguilera is white, Christina Milian is black, Cameron Diaz is white.  Is it that hard to follow, you'd think ppl are blind or something with them having so much trouble recognizing this.

Nobody said here in America you're either black or white. You and Mr. Ninja keep acting like we're telling you NOT to call yourself latino or hispanic. He is latino, hispanic AND black. No one in here is saying he is only black, learn how to read. :lol:

"NINJAHOOD IS BLACK PLAIN AND SIMPLE"

Come again fam?

Maybe your reading comprehension is the one that should be in question.

My real issue with Ninja, Steezy, and some Latinos, does deeper.

Why day hell do you'll don't know how to cook plantains. Y'all stay letting them get overripe before frying them :x :smh:

The rest of the Caribbean judging y'all b, get it together

Last edited:

Nobody has claimed "Latino" as a race....but is simply what we identify as, respect it SIMPLE AS THAT.

Ninjahood is black plain and simple I don't even know why there's a debate.  Just because he speaks spanish and his mom speaks spanish etc. has nothing to do with him being black.  Zoe Saldana can recognize it.  It's just like Selena Gomez is white, Christina Aguilera is white, Christina Milian is black, Cameron Diaz is white.  Is it that hard to follow, you'd think ppl are blind or something with them having so much trouble recognizing this.

Nobody said here in America you're either black or white. You and Mr. Ninja keep acting like we're telling you NOT to call yourself latino or hispanic. He is latino, hispanic AND black. No one in here is saying he is only black, learn how to read. :lol:

"NINJAHOOD IS BLACK PLAIN AND SIMPLE"

Come again fam?

Maybe your reading comprehension is the one that should be in question.

vol3iss6_2.png

Pay em no mind...they're already on da losing side.

So according to "da census" da Haitians is black but da domicans aint but they from the same place........ ?

Dudes don't get it, its like Indians, yeah you may be from India but if you're Dravidian you're black and if you're Aryan you're white, doesn't matter that you're from the same country

Ninja hood always wins. Whether you dislike it or not he is Latino. [emoji]128175[/emoji]

Last edited:
Dudes don't get it, its like Indians, yeah you may be from India but if you're Dravidian you're black and if you're Aryan you're white, doesn't matter that you're from the same country

No we get it. We are just saying that as much as race may matter to you, it doesn't matter to everyone. And not everyone wants to be grouped into "black, white, or other". Actually, my mind was blown when I read Meths post last night because it made me think about race in a way I never have before.

In reference to this part:

Race is conceptualized differently in the United States than in Latin America.

The United States is unique in that it has been the ONLY plantation society in the Americas that was majority-White. This fact accounts for a dramatic distinction in how race and the concept of racial mobility have been defined by different societies in North and South America.

Race is not about science. It's about privilege. America's "founding fathers" did not even consider German immigrants to be truly White. In a 1922 anti-miscegenation case, an Alabama court could find "no competent evidence" that an Italian immigrant was White. The definition of Whiteness has thus expanded considerably, and for the pragmatic purpose of maintaining the White category as the top of America's racial hierarchy.

_____

It's no coincidence that the only plantation society in the Americas to be majority-White was also the only plantation society in the Americas to formulate the "one drop" rule - or to conceptualize Whiteness as "genetically recessive." Maintaining the racial hierarchy with "White" on top and "Black" on the bottom requires the use of coalition politics. In the United States, that meant the strategic inclusion of erstwhile "swarthy" or "ethnic" Whites, like Irish, Italian, and German immigrants. In many Latin American societies, that meant divide and conquer through internal stratification and upward-mobility.

All of you that want ninjahood to identify as "black", in a racial context, are correct. Culturally, it's incorrect. And culturally, it's just as incorrect to identify myself as "white" when I'm Irish/Italian/Polish/Lithuanian. Race is literally a made up concept based on physical appearance to divide different groups of people. It really doesn't matter, at all. Now before I get called out for saying it doesn't matter and that I haven't had to struggle because I have white privilege. I'm not saying that it hasn't had a BIG EFFECT on many individuals and groups of people. All I'm saying is, the more we acknowledge it, the more divide there will be. I don't understand the plight of "black" people in America. But I'm not ignorant to what happened.

I found it interesting that my people were reluctantly included in the "white" demographic even though we were formerly considered "swarthy" (darker skinned) or "ethnic" (having different features). The only reason we were included was to form a wider group of "white" people to keep "white" on top and "black" as the minority.

So I find it ironic that some of you claim not be racist while further using coalition politics to include hispanics (like steezy and ninja) in the "black" demographic. Like I said before, if we could just view people on a personal level, and try to understand their culture, their heritage, before making snap judgements about them or grouping them into "white, black, or other" based on their skin color...there would be MUCH less racial tension.

Race is a dumb societal construct. Especially in America.

Seriously, why does it matter if a hispanic person is black or white other than the census? Glad the census is broadening the categorization and treating people more like PEOPLE and not a ******* category like some of y'all here are doing...

Last edited:
Edit:^posted 20 seconds before me :lol: great minds think alike.

We care so much about grouping and dividing people. This trivial behavior only adds to racism.
We're all the human race. Science proves it yet we dont give a **** about that.

Last edited:
We care so much about grouping and dividing people. This trivial behavior only adds to racism.
We're all the human race. Science proves it yet we dont give a **** about that. :lol:

Exactly what I'm saying in my post above yours.

All this argument for you're either "black, white, or other" is petty. What does it add to? Why does it matter?

It's pointless and convoluted.

I can't wait to have beautiful, CULTURALLY MIXED children.

Last edited:
So according to "da census" da Haitians is black but da domicans aint but they from the same place........ ?

Going by your logic, mexicans, Canadians, and Americans are da same thing cuz we're all from North America..

So I find it ironic that some of you claim not be racist while further using coalition politics to include hispanics (like steezy and ninja) in the "black" demographic

Using latinos/hispanics to literally draft in a american race war between whites & blacks

[emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

Last edited:
No one said he ISN'T latino, we just saying he's black. :lol: Nobody say a pigeon is not a pigeon, we just saying its a bird.

When you see a pigeon on the street you say "hey look at that bird!" ? Or do you say "hey look at that pigeon!" Most people will identify it as a pigeon, thanks for proving my point :smile:

No we get it. We are just saying that as much as race may matter to you, it doesn't matter to everyone. And not everyone wants to be grouped into "black, white, or other". Actually, my mind was blown when I read Meths post last night because it made me think about race in a way I never have before.

In reference to this part:

Race is conceptualized differently in the United States than in Latin America.

The United States is unique in that it has been the ONLY plantation society in the Americas that was majority-White. This fact accounts for a dramatic distinction in how race and the concept of racial mobility have been defined by different societies in North and South America.

Race is not about science. It's about privilege. America's "founding fathers" did not even consider German immigrants to be truly White. In a 1922 anti-miscegenation case, an Alabama court could find "no competent evidence" that an Italian immigrant was White. The definition of Whiteness has thus expanded considerably, and for the pragmatic purpose of maintaining the White category as the top of America's racial hierarchy.

_____

It's no coincidence that the only plantation society in the Americas to be majority-White was also the only plantation society in the Americas to formulate the "one drop" rule - or to conceptualize Whiteness as "genetically recessive." Maintaining the racial hierarchy with "White" on top and "Black" on the bottom requires the use of coalition politics. In the United States, that meant the strategic inclusion of erstwhile "swarthy" or "ethnic" Whites, like Irish, Italian, and German immigrants. In many Latin American societies, that meant divide and conquer through internal stratification and upward-mobility.

All of you that want ninjahood to identify as "black", in a racial context, are correct. Culturally, it's incorrect. And culturally, it's just as incorrect to identify myself as "white" when I'm Irish/Italian/Polish/Lithuanian. Race is literally a made up concept based on physical appearance to divide different groups of people. It really doesn't matter, at all. Now before I get called out for saying it doesn't matter and that I haven't had to struggle because I have white privilege. I'm not saying that it hasn't had a BIG EFFECT on many individuals and groups of people. All I'm saying is, the more we acknowledge it, the more divide there will be. I don't understand the plight of "black" people in America. But I'm not ignorant to what happened.

I found it interesting that my people were reluctantly included in the "white" demographic even though we were formerly considered "swarthy" (darker skinned) or "ethnic" (having different features). The only reason we were included was to form a wider group of "white" people to keep "white" on top and "black" as the minority.

So I find it ironic that some of you claim not be racist while further using coalition politics to include hispanics (like steezy and ninja) in the "black" demographic. Like I said before, if we could just view people on a personal level, and try to understand their culture, their heritage, before making snap judgements about them or grouping them into "white, black, or other" based on their skin color...there would be MUCH less racial tension.

Race is a dumb societal construct. Especially in America.

Seriously, why does it matter if a hispanic person is black or white other than the census? Glad the census is broadening the categorization and treating people more like PEOPLE and not a ******* category like some of y'all here are doing...

Race is a made up concept, unfortunately it is a very real cause of social injustices. Many of the racially driven social injustices that plague the U.S. are also very prevalent in Latin American history. There is a lot of shame and denial associated with this topic in the Latino community. This denial further perpetuates the problem because dark-skinned latinos like ninjahood continue to live complacently in the favelas, uneducated while the usually European looking elite rule these countries. The genocide of the African and indigenous people in South America was racially driven. The psychological effects of said genocides exists till this day.

Furthermore if ninjahood rejects the "black" label, then all peoples should reject the labels of the classically defined races. Don't call someone whose ancestors were Irish, white. Don't call someone whose ancestors were Chinese, "Asian", don't call someone like ninjahood whose ancestors were African....black.

I completely understand what you are saying. It's really a shame that race has been the driving force behind so many social injustices, especially in the US, when it is indeed a made up concept.

So you are saying it is better to acknowledge race in the Latino community? And that denying race, or ignoring it all together like ninjahood has (he says he's dark skinned; but not black), further perpetuates the problem? I don't believe the latter. I think that ninjahood's mindset is actually a step in the right direction to minimize racism. Acknowledging culture BEFORE race, and viewing people as individuals seems like a step in the right direction.

Then again I don't know your struggle. I'm just trying to understand it better.

Last edited:
Edit:^posted 20 seconds before me :lol: great minds think alike.

We're all the human race. Science proves it yet we dont give a **** about that.

Actually this type of mentality worsens racism. It's a tactic that seems to be taking off in these "post-racial" days. Many of these countries used race to establish centuries of social injustices, many of which persist till today. The whole "we are one race" nonsense only serves to distract people from said injustices because human, especially the uneducated ones have terrible memories when it comes to history.

So you would prefer we remain "racial" and divided? That's BS man.

We can be honest about our past wrongdoings while still moving forward, together, as a progressive society.

If you want to be trapped and divided still that's on you. I see you lusting after AWG's in the POF thread though...

Last edited:
Actually this type of mentality worsens racism. It's a tactic that seems to be taking off in these "post-racial" days. Many of these countries used race to establish centuries of social injustices, many of which persist till today. The whole "we are one race" nonsense only serves to distract people from said injustices because human, especially the uneducated ones have terrible memories when it comes to history.

Total crap. History has shown humans are worse off when racially divided. I believe people that implement the "one race" thought into their own every day life are better for it. I don't see how this would be a distraction but racial division wouldn't be. As you said, most uneducated people don't know their history. Therefore, they only know what they see in front of them. Which would disregard the idea of humans as one and seeing Black,White, etc instead. The very reason we are in this racial mess in the first place.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom