I WANT TO ENCOURAGE A MORE CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION OVER RACE RELATIONS ON NT

There you go assuming American racial politics is imposed outside its borders..

I'm not assuming fam. It's not the exact same...but you know there is colorism in those countries etc.

2nd video...Black in Latin America came out about 5 years ago on CNN. Great watch. Idk how Columbian and Dominican dudes are in this thread acting like colorism doesn't exist in Latin America.

I'm schleep though :lol:

A quote from da VARIOUS amount of pushback

On his page

Fact is the 1.5 Millions Dominicans in the United States who 61% were born in the Dominican Republic (according to PewHispanic. Org) marked their Race in the Last United States 2010 Census as:

59% Other/Mixes

28% White

12% Black

0% Indian

As we see, 99% of Dominicans did not identify themselves as "indio" like Mr. Gate claimed.

(Google Source: United States Hispanic Census)

Dominicans have various Skin Color + Phenotype descriptions such as:

Rubio = Pale skin + blonde hair/color eyes(White)

Rubito = Pale skin (White)

Blanquito = Fair skin (Mixed)

Trigueño = Olive skin (Mixed)

Indiesito(indio) = Tan Skin (Mixed)

Canela = Brown skin (Mixed)

Morenito = Dark Brown Skin (Mixed)

Moreno = Dark skin (Black)

Prieto = Very Dark skin (Black)

Dominicans just like other Latinos, have a Nationhood/Cultural Identity.

In other words, we do not identify ourselves by Race/Color like Americans, Skin color descriptions & color identity are two different things.

Mr. Gate cannot judge Dominicans experience, history, culture, society, heritages THROW OUT an U.S. AMERICANIZED racism, color identity, experience, US racial views & US colorism. It just will end up in disaster because Dominican Republic had a totally different history than the U.S. and racial views are different in Latin America than the United States which had a segregation racists "One Drop Rule" that if applied against Latin America, probably 80% of Latinos(500 Millions) would be considered "black".

Fact: Non-White Dominicans only make up 5% of the total 200,000,000+ Millions Latinos with significant amount of African ancestry throw out Latin America.

My God fam....NINJAHOOD is black because of his roots, who's gonna refute that!?....the man identifies as Latino, no other Latino will have an issue identifying him as a Latino, he is LATINO above else, whites don't care, Asians done care, other Latinos don't have a problem with him claimin Latino, why are blacks so hell bent on him self-identifying as black????? Ya wanna split up Latinos and group them by colors now....man..

why do you have to be one or the other? one of my best friends is dominican and he considers himself black and dominican. 

not like mixed black with dominican but one in the same

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 It's incredible people can't grasp this concept.

camron-and-juju-4.jpg

According to these ******....this isn't a black latina. It's a latina....and if you call her black you're trying to "categorize" latin people 
laugh.gif

The funniest part be when they say Nore is half black half puerto rican,  like how is that even possible when puerto rican is not a race.  That's like saying Fabolous is half black half dominican, same with Juelz Santana.  nah all of them are black

So NT Ina need ya to provide us Latinos with a color chart in which one goes from black to white so we Latinos as a whole can satisfy NT...this is getting out of hand.
This is exactly what America does to latinos.

Something we don't do to ourselves.
Honestly, this is the problem we're addressing right here.

Latin America and the United States are two different places.

The problem arises when Latin Americans attempt to have their culture and social systems supersede our inalienable rights as natural born Americans.

Steezy, imagine we're on an island, shipwrecked. I've built a shelter where food and water are more abundant but you and Ninjahood are starving and hungry.

I decide to allow you and Ninjahood to stay in my shelter as long as you help out.

Only condition is that you abide by the rules, not because I'm trying to change you in any way

but because through experience it's more effective in preserving the shelter.

What you and Ninjahood are doing is saying, "we don't have to abide by your rules", "you're GONNA respect that this is how we do things".

"Your struggle to build this shelter is not our problem" 

...seems like self-segregating for no reason other than pride.  "Hispanic" and "Latino" is being used interchangeably in this debate, and when skin color becomes unavoidable then ethnicity and nationality take precedence. Problem is no one is refuting  ethnicity, or the culture anyone chooses to adopt. But if you were born in American, then you're in fact an American. Obviously immigrants' way wasn't working on their part of the "shipwrecked island", so they came to America (my shelter)  for "food and water". 

Ethnocentrism  
judging another culture solely by the values and standards of one's own culture Ethnocentric individuals judge other groups relative to their own ethnic group or culture, especially with concern for language, behavior, customs, and religion. These ethnic distinctions and subdivisions serve to define each ethnicity's unique cultural identity. Ethnocentrism may be overt or subtle, and while it is considered a natural proclivity of human psychology, it has developed a generally negative connotation.

Last edited:
No...they weren't. They were literally a different species.

[h1] [/h1]

[
They are in the homo genus, not "race".

You're confusing my term human for homo sapien.....
I'm not using them Interchangeably.

There are a large number of cultural habits that distance Homo sapiens from animals. No other organisms, either living or fossil, made tools to make other complex tools, buried their dead, had controlled use of fire, practiced religious ceremonies, used complex syntax in their spoken grammar, and played musical instruments, yet we know from their fossils that Neanderthal engaged in all.

the mt DNA sequence differences between modern man and the Neanderthal specimen range from 22 to 36 substitutions, placing Neanderthals, at worst, on the fringes of the modern range.

http://www.icr.org/article/neanderthals-are-still-human/

But hey. Let's just say you guys win for arguements sake. Anyway.
I completely forgot. CRISPR is here. Soon, we will be able to dictate ALL of our babies genetics. Game changer.

Last edited:
Of course latinos are all split up in different races. How can Selena Gomez and Jessica Alba be of the same race as Zoe Saldana and Christina Milian. Latino is not a race, there are different ones of the 3 different racial subgroups

We dont do that in our culture...thats an American perspective on race.

[Video]

See, in our world Pitbull, Fuego, and Omega are all latinos and there is NO categorization based on skin color that they do in da United States.

Here? Forgot about it, this thread wouldve put them thru a crash course in Jim Crow :smh: :lol:[/Video]

Of course latinos are all split up in different races. How can Selena Gomez and Jessica Alba be of the same race as Zoe Saldana and Christina Milian. Latino is not a race, there are different ones of the 3 different racial subgroups

We dont do that in our culture...thats an American perspective on race.

[Video]

See, in our world Pitbull, Fuego, and Omega are all latinos and there is NO categorization based on skin color that they do in da United States.

Here? Forgot about it, this thread wouldve put them thru a crash course in Jim Crow :smh: :lol:[/Video]
[Video]

If only that were true about them morenos y negros y cocolos.[/video]

why do you have to be one or the other? one of my best friends is dominican and he considers himself black and dominican. 

not like mixed black with dominican but one in the same

Precisely.

That's why this from Ksteezy:

NINJAHOOD is black because of his roots, who's gonna refute that!?....the man identifies as Latino

Makes no sense. Otherwise what is he arguing about?

Back
Top Bottom