I WANT TO ENCOURAGE A MORE CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION OVER RACE RELATIONS ON NT

anyways thread has run its course, I think we need to put this to rest man...obviously we will never get anywhere....glad the discussion was had tho.

Btw I heard goat vagina literally is like a humans...can anyone confirm?

Last edited:
I think some of the confusion is semantics. Race and ethnicity are two different things by definition. If I'm asked what I am, I always respond that I am black and Puerto Rican.

Ethnically I identify as Hispanic/Latino. Racially I identify as Black/African American. Why is the general vibe that doing this is somehow not embracing your Latino roots as much as you would be if you identified as ONLY Hispanic. Both are possible and both are true. It doesn't mean that identifying as black makes you less Hispanic. I still eat pastelles on the regular.:lol:

Last edited:
anyways thread has run its course, I think we need to put this to rest man...obviously we will never get anywhere....glad the discussion was had tho.

Btw I heard goat vagina literally is like a humans...can anyone confirm?
It's tighter.

nerd.gif

Last edited:
I think some of the confusion is semantics. Race and ethnicity are two different things by definition. If I'm asked what I am, I always respond that I am black and Puerto Rican.

Ethnically I identify as Hispanic/Latino. Racially I identify as Black/African American. Why is the general vibe that doing this is somehow not embracing your Latino roots as much as you would be if you identified as ONLY Hispanic. Both are possible and both are true. It doesn't mean that identifying as black makes you less Hispanic. I still eat pastelles on the regular.:lol:

Nah bro, read...I already said as Hispanics we can self identify as Latino or as the color of your skin or as both and technically not be wrong man....if ninja wanted to identify as black, I wouldn't be here shaming him or claiming not he's denying his Latino roots, just like you embrace the label, but not every Hispanic will bro, you know this, you live in NY...

My issue has always been the mockery and bigotry displayed by dudes like Anton when it comes to disregarding ninjas request to be identified as Latino....is about self-identity and respecting a fellow member....somehow dudes rebuttal to this is "NINJAHOOD don't deserve that because he's racist" so this is now your way of getting back at him?...you know it sends the man off his hinges, you know he's proud of his Latino label, let that man live man...will it really hurt you dudes that much to the next time the question is brought up "what is ninja?" Ya simply say "Latino/Hispanic"

Last edited:
I agree, the mockery isn't cool. It shouldn't even be justified with a response, honestly.

I'll tell you the issue I have with the way ninjahood tends to come off here, though. His posts come off at times as condescending and I have taken offense to some of the ways he decides to explain himself. He certainly doesn't need to explain himself, but he has to be mindful of how his statements paint him and the kind of attention it draws here and would draw from anyone anywhere with some sense.

But for me, ninjahood isn't even the issue. The discussion of racial identity in our community needs to happen NOW. We don't have time to continue to separate ourselves from our neighbors.

From the outside looking in, we're all the same. It feeds right into the crabs in a barrel mentality whether it's intentional or not, and I think we all need to really be more conscious about how the small decisions we make have and effect on the big picture.

think some of the confusion is semantics. Race and ethnicity are two different things by definition. If I'm asked what I am, I always respond that I am black and Puerto Rican.

Ethnically I identify as Hispanic/Latino. Racially I identify as Black/African American.

This is where all ya going off da rails.. In da United States, being a African American is in itself its own ethnicity you identify as black & puerto rican cuz your father is an african american & your mother is latino.

Both my parents are Dominican hence there's absolutely no reason for me to claim to be "black & Dominican" because BOTH my parents are latino.

You know who claims "black & Dominican"?
Fabolous. You know who else? AZ. Both have african american mother or fathers & Dominican mother & fathers. (Fab's pop was Dominican mother was black, same w/ AZ)

http://madamenoire.com/117492/¡sorpresa-celebrites-we-didnt-know-were-latino/3/

Here..read da way other ½ breeds are described...

"White" and "black" became a catch all in da united states do describe skin color and to assimilate new wave of immigrants into either or.

Latinos dont let go of our culture, so we're not claiming either because being "white" means nothing to us, being black ALSO means nothing to us, because americans interchangeably use it to describe African american, Which is worlds apart culturally.

Everyone in NYC(and all media outlets) outside NT gets this..still dont understand how is this hard science?

As far as I know, the IRS and HUD (Department of Housing and Urban Development) see Black/African American as a race. Ethnicity is optioned in my field as Hispanic or Latino, Not Hispanic or Latino or Did Not Respond. And this comes from me dealing with the tracking and updating of a wide range of personal information of almost 15000 New York City residents in neighborhoods that are predominantly Black and Latino.

The definitions are murky, though. And it is a social construct, so there really is no right answer. I'm not debating your right to self identify as Latino, I take issue with the undertones of a stigma attached to being black. And the fact that the same traits of this that I see in people like my mother which infuriates me to no end comes directly from you might be why I take personal offense at times to how you come off.

What if a blind person asked you to describe yourself??

U gonna say "im american"

Ninjahood wouldnt say "im black"

Hed say "im diminican" because its the visual AND a whole lot more

It's a complete lie that this discussion doesn't exist outside of nt. Is that why there are numerous documentaries on the subject? If you're just talking about the other Dominicans on your block that you've never left then no ****.

roll.gif
At the notion of "half black, half dominican".  All those NY rappers say that, Juelz Santana, Jim Jones, AZ, Fabolous, Cam'ron etc.  How ignorant it sounds to be half a race and half a nationality.  People not understanding difference between race and nationality.  It's really like white person saying I'm half white and half Danish

:rofl: At the notion of "half black, half dominican".  All those NY rappers say that, Juelz Santana, Jim Jones, AZ, Fabolous, Cam'ron etc.  How ignorant it sounds to be half a race and half a nationality.  People not understanding difference between race and nationality.  It's really like white person saying I'm half white and half Danish

lol which is why you dont engage in intellectual convo with non intellectuals. Race, Ethnicity, and Nationality are 3 different things.

roll.gif
At the notion of "half black, half dominican".  All those NY rappers say that, Juelz Santana, Jim Jones, AZ, Fabolous, Cam'ron etc.  How ignorant it sounds to be half a race and half a nationality.  People not understanding difference between race and nationality.  It's really like white person saying I'm half white and half Danish
It really isn't, because sometimes Black is a catch all due to the fact that we don't really know where our black roots come from.

I literally don't know what kind of Black my father is. He doesn't know. He doesn't know his father. He never discussed it with his parents.

So what else am I supposed to define myself as if I don't know where my father's family came from. I don't know that he's from Africa, so African American isn't really an option for me.

And I conceded that I'm not an expert at this. And if someone has a suggestion I'm willing to listen to it. It's just my personal perspective.

Last edited:
Btw this was all but dead because of op, but some genius just had to revive it.

Either way, I can safely say I'm a black, Jamaican American and not feel disrespectful to my white/middle eastern ancestry, nor feel like y'all coming for my dumpling and bananas.

:rofl: At the notion of "half black, half dominican".  All those NY rappers say that, Juelz Santana, Jim Jones, AZ, Fabolous, Cam'ron etc.  How ignorant it sounds to be half a race and half a nationality.  People not understanding difference between race and nationality.  It's really like white person saying I'm half white and half Danish

Maybe we flipped the meaning of the word and made it into something different than what it used to be...

[emoji]128064[/emoji]

It really isn't, because sometimes Black is a catch all due to the fact that we don't really know where our black roots come from.

I literally don't know what kind of Black my father is. He doesn't know. He doesn't know his father. He never discussed it with his parents.

So what else am I supposed to define myself as if I don't know where my father's family came from. I don't know that he's from Africa, so African American isn't really an option for me.

And I conceded that I'm not an expert at this. And if someone has a suggestion I'm willing to listen to it. It's just my personal perspective.

I dont mean "more" visual

I said it means the visual and a whole lot more.

If someone says im dominican, different things come to mind about their culture rather than if someone says "im black"

Both cultures are equally rich but different.

I'm not debating your right to self identify as Latino, I take issue with the undertones of a stigma attached to being black.

Idk what u talking bout there..my issue is not to be identified as African-american because im a Latin-american...its not that deep. "Undertones, stigma, dog whistles" etc. Leave that **** for politics. U can't accuse me of something i never said.

Black & african american are used interchangeably which is why i repel da label of "black" because it inaccurately desrcibes me.

You know who claims "black & Dominican"?
Fabolous

I did not know that.

That explains why hes just ok at rappin.

*cough*

1260292104_jrwriter.jpg

Im simply saying....yes you can say American. ...wateva.

But if you say dominican....puerto Rican. ..etc.

It adds a whole new dimension.

I can explain it for you but i cant understand it for you.

Im simply saying....yes you can say American. ...wateva.

But if you say dominican....puerto Rican. ..etc.

It adds a whole new dimension.

I can explain it for you but i cant understand it for you.

He's not trying to understand it.
I think he understands it completely.

Like if I was a blind man, I would get more info from Anton saying Nigerian as opposed to Black.

I remember growing up as a kid in NYC. If you weren't born in PR. You weren't 100% Puerto Rican. :lol:
It's all silly. Most race talk always ends up either about exclusion or a **** measuring contest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom