I WANT TO ENCOURAGE A MORE CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION OVER RACE RELATIONS ON NT

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...zing-afro-latinos_us_566afc20e4b080eddf57f3e2

MEXICO RECOGNIZING AFRO-LATINOS AND ACKNOWLEDGING THEIR HISTORY OF RACISM.

Keep lying Mr. Hood, KSteezy and Dora. :rofl:

We don't live in Mexico, stop playing stupid, it doesn't suit you...I already explained this to you, there is no country nearly as diversed as the US. I already said back in our home countries if you are black, you are black, if you are white, you are white, no need to redundantly identify as a Latino because the term black is not strongly tied to africanamericans and the term white is not tied to say Europeans....because these countries are not very ethnically diversed....here in America the label black is strongly tied, almost exclusively to African Americans....something a black Latino like NH just isn't....yes some roots, but completely different culture...so here in AMERICA we identify as Latinos.

Last edited:
Thread is sad AF....the inability of these guys to try and understand, just to serve their own pride and troll tactics is really disheartening.

Thread is sad AF....the inability of these guys to try and understand, just to serve their own pride and troll tactics is really disheartening.

I think people understand just fine where you're coming from, nobody is denying you the right to identify as a Hispanic. But to all out disregard a certain part of your lineage is where the disagreement comes into play. Guy in the video posted said Blacks and Hispanics alike both come from Africa, it's just about who migrated to where. Now, again, I personally don't have an issue with anybody choosing to identify as they please, but to all out ignore a certain part of who you are (for whatever reason) is strange at the end of the day. Our ancestors all came over here on the same slave ships.

Anton still tryin to re-write da census? [emoji]128564[/emoji]

Bet he cant even define latino tbh :lol:

Last edited:

I think people understand just fine where you're coming from, nobody is denying you the right to identify as a Hispanic. But to all out disregard a certain part of your lineage is where the disagreement comes into play. Guy in the video posted said Blacks and Hispanics alike both come from Africa, it's just about who migrated to where. Now, again, I personally don't have an issue with anybody choosing to identify as they please, but to all out ignore a certain part of who you are (for whatever reason) is strange at the end of the day. Our ancestors all came over here on the same slave ships.

What's so hard to understand?

Yea black is used exlusively for African Americans, yet in America West Indians, Jamaicans, Trinis, Haitians, West Africans all get called black....but somehow if you speak spanish you are exempt. Ninjahood is black and latino, deal with it.

Stick to taking pictures papi, intellectual banter isn't your thing.

I said ALMOST exclusively....and those groups identify themselves as black as well, do they have a problem with it?...I know some of them rather identify as westindian and I have no problems identifying them as such, I'm not gonna sit here and disrespect their right to self-identity by being arrogant and telling them "NO SIR! YOU ARE BLACK"

That's the problem here, if a person with strong African roots wants to self-identify as black, nobody is gonna tell them no, goes both ways....if a Latino in America wants to self-identify as just Latino without the color label, you are literally nobody to tell him he can't do so or mock him and continuously call him something he doesn't identify as even after years of him asking you not to do so.

If you trace back ancestry bro, I'm pretty sure even I can claim to be of African decent.....it's a fact African blood flows through most if not all of Latin America....nobody is denying that.

What's so hard to understand?

Do you guys even read...this dude NH hasn't denied he has African roots, do you know how incredibly stupid that is for any Latino to do so? :rofl: I think ya just read certain posters posts and run with it....just because NH isn't running with the color caste system to identify himself doesn't mean he's denying that he has strong African roots :lol:

There's no agenda, we already established that luckily not every latino is as ignorant and ashamed as you and ninjahood. :lol:

It has been explained to you in many different ways, I think you should check yourself and how arrogant and ignorant YOU come off.

I'm sorry but to thinking men, "Da Census" is not a sound reason for why Haitians are black and Dominicans are latino. Like i said, stick to taking pictures.

You arguing with two different individuals here, don't bring up a census I didnt consign when addressing me.

This was an entertaining and educational discussion for a day or two... You guys all look SUPER lame at this point :x :smh:

Last edited:
"Stick to taking pictures" he says....you get a kick out of making condescending comments don't you?...is no wonder you've been going ham for 40 pages with us....let me ask you....WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?....what pleasure you get out of trying to convince and shove down a black Latinos throat that he should identify by the color of his skin before his ethnic background?....has your arrogance driven you that far that this has become something you've felt so strong bout you've spent he last 3 days arguin over?

Da spectacular thing about these Afrocentrists is they cant wrap about their head about this one fact.

When you're a Latino it SUPERSEDES any other label.

Its literally in da definition.

The United States Census uses the ethnonym Hispanic or Latino to refer to "a person of Dominican, Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latino_(demonym)

So why em i going to put " black" ahead of latino when:

A. All latinos are mixed

B. Its REGARDLESS of race, i.e. race isn't more important than da latino label.

Da whole is GREATER than da sum of its parts.

View media item 2000354
This is why we're getting our own box..

Straight from da census.

Da vast majority of us did NOT identify as white or black.

Now go kick rocks b.

Last edited:
lol you seem to be defending somebody hard who makes ignorant comments, i'm lumping all of you in the same boat.

And even you yourself said black is reserved for African American and never responded to the fact that that is absolutely not true...I listed other groups in the U.S. that are considered black....then asked why Black Latinos were exempt. You just whined and didn't give an answer. Those other groups don't allow the black label to diminish their heritage cause they aren't ashamed.

I answered your question....I said it was almost exclusive, never said it was exclusive all around and that some of those groups you mentioned like to be identified as westindy....next time I ask them where they are from and one answers "I'm West Indian" I'm gonna correct them and say you mean you are a "black West Indian"

Do you see how stupid that sounds?...and I'm the ignorant one.

People have the right to self-identify as they wish, you have absolutely no right to consistently mock and be condescending towards him because his views on identify don't line up with yours.

Yea they say they are west indian but they get called black all the time until you specifically ask. Thet dont throw fits when they get called black either cause they know its one portion of who they are. Jamaicans call themselves black all the time.

That's good for them, Latinos in America are different and I'm sure if you correct a West Indian that identified himself as just "West Indian" and you say "NO, SIR YOU ARE A BLACK WEST INDIAN" it won't be all peachy as you making it seem....are you seriously lacking THAT much common sense?

If anyone has n issue being identified as black, they can correct me or whoever and trust that I won't be acting the way you are acting towards Ninja.

Yea they say they are west indian but they get called black all the time until you specifically ask. Thet dont throw fits when they get called black either cause they know its one portion of who they are. Jamaicans call themselves black all the time.

I wouldnt be on his case so much if he wasnt a hypocrite. He labels Haitians as black, when he's black as well.

I'm sure he doesn't throw a fit when someone identifies him as black, because to some people that's the proper label, if he corrects them I'm sure they not gonna spend days trying to convince him otherwise.

Would you correct a West Indian that identified himself as "West Indian" and tell him "no you are a BLACK West Indian"

Because that's exactly what you are doing to ninja....would common sense tell you is proper to correct someone's self-identity?

Like I said quit playing stupid.

I'm sure he doesn't throw a fit when someone identifies him as black, because to some people that's the proper label, if he corrects them I'm sure they not gonna spend days trying to convince him otherwise.
They wouldn't have to if he wasn't a hypocrite and throwing the black label at others.

What you don't realize is that in the middle of your little crusade here, there's this weird undertone to your posts where I could almost think that in your subconscious you find "Black" to be inferior to others.

It's gotten to the point where you throwing the word around as if it were an insult.

You looking funny in the light.

Back
Top Bottom