I WANT TO ENCOURAGE A MORE CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION OVER RACE RELATIONS ON NT

Genetically, physically, and racially you're no different from an average African-American, so why focus so much on semantics? At the end of the day it doesn't matter how you get classified on a census. When someone looks at you they see a black person, because that's what you are, you're predominantly of negroid African stock. If you lived in DR the lighter Dominicans would call you moreno, negro, prieto, etc. And if you said "I'm not black" people would laugh at you and think you're crazy. If these people called you a prieto would you say "I'm not black I'm Latino".lol

View media item 1997203

In DR, no because the term black there isn't heavily associated with African Americans....just like anywhere else inn latin America..

Bingo

Last edited:
Moreno in my country describes gradient in skin color...in america, black means african American.. Which according to da apa..

American Psychological Association currently says ‘African-American’ and ‘Black’ can be used interchangeably in academic writing.”

Game, set, & match.
So then I guess my Grandma car is African American since it's Black...The sky is African American when it's past 8pm....And Xbox controller is African American too [emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]

Once again, who is disputing that? :lol:

Ninjahood? That article says Dominica has the 5th highest population of blacks outside of Africa. You really asking "who is disputing that?"

*cough*

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominica

6cf6d67373e208a83adbfe711fab6b4a.gif

Gee ksteezy...who's man is this? :lol:

Are all Black people African?

What u want me to re-quote..da updated census or da APA?

[emoji]129300[/emoji]
No, I want you to answer what you believe.

Again..do you want da census or da apa accredited stance?
No, ninjahood. I want you to answer the question with your own words and your own beliefs.

I'm not asking what various organizations say. Various organizations say different things.

I'm asking you for your opinion since you're the person I'm discussing this with.

Wait all this time my dudes are confusing Dominica with the Dominican Republic?....say it ain't so :rofl:

Ninja stop trolling and take that DNA test.. prove to us you're not black.  Well help cover the cost. 

So then I guess my Grandma car is African American since it's Black...The sky is African American when it's past 8pm....And Xbox controller is African American too [emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]

Do you eem context bro?

Yeah but the context of the label "black" is very different here in America than it is in a Latin country, technically you guys are correct, no one can dispute ninja is of African descent...he can't deny that **** at all....but here in America, black and Latino are words often used to identify two different cultures....HERE IN AMERICA.

His sister went to my college. We ended up being friends. No one even knew That was her brother. I only found out via FB. She looked good but had man issues. I wrote Charlie on FB, Twitter and AskFM on how to bag his sister and I guess she found out and spazzed on me. Looking back, it was weird and out of pocket so idk what I was thinking lmao. True story. She was stuck on some other black dude who ain't really want her though.

Do you eem context bro?
Nah, do you? Black can mean from your shade to you literally being Black. Stop acting like it has one and only ONE meaning in America. I had a dark Dominican friend and I told him he was Black. Did I mean he was a Black American? No.

What u want me to re-quote..da updated census or da APA?

[emoji]129300[/emoji]
No, I want you to answer what you believe.

Again..do you want da census or da apa accredited stance?
No, ninjahood. I want you to answer the question with your own words and your own beliefs.

I'm not asking what various organizations say. Various organizations say different things.

I'm asking you for your opinion since you're the person I'm discussing this with.

& Ill kindly point you in da direction of da accredited sources who are gonna tell you..

american psychological association currently says ‘african-american’ and ‘black’ can be used interchangeably in academic writing.”

Nah, do you? Black can mean from your shade to you literally being Black. Stop acting like it has one and only ONE meaning in America. I had a dark Dominican friend and I told him he was Black. Did I mean he was a Black American? No.

So your response is a direct argument to your own post....you dudes are in here literally arguing with yourselves :rofl:

Man do you even read what you write?

In DR, no because the term black there isn't heavily associated with African Americans....just like anywhere else innlatin America....in the US tho, he's not the only one that uses the terms in different context to differentiate between the two cultures, that's all man...ain't no one trying to deny the African roots bro.

bro are you serious? in latin culture moreno, negro means you are still black. although you speak spanish you're heritage is still more predominately african.

Just because the APA says that they are interchangeable for their academic writings doesn't mean as far as society is concerned they are interchangeable. The APA is not the standard for how we define things in American society, different organizations would have a different definition.

You've done nothing more than chosen the definition that suits your argument.

Back
Top Bottom