I WANT TO ENCOURAGE A MORE CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION OVER RACE RELATIONS ON NT

"Everything isn't black and white" do you really not see the irony in this :rofl:

how is it ironic? im stating that you cant just be latino because that is ignorant. you will still face racism anywhere you go. you will still be categorized. like people are saying latino is and never will be a race. it is a mix of race/ethnicity.

maybe ninjahood will understand this analogy, if you buy a bmw and do the ls swap, is it still a full bmw? no, now it is a different car with different components. it doesn't mean it still isn't a bmw.

which is all we are saying, you are more bmw (african) but with some other (spanish,taino etc.)

My dude really think he discovered the new world with all these videos, proving something that no one is debating...YES THERE ARE BLACK PEOPLE IN LATIN AMERICA :x

Ya really need to understand the meaning of a word under different context.

You're throwing a fit because people don't what to knowledge this difference

But you it is all wavy that yours mans Ninja can say being black and being African America is the same thing.

Gotcha famb

I never consigned that all blacks are African-American, thays dumb because time and time again I've said there are Latinos of all different races SPECIALLY black....that's a fact.

But you really are acting as if identifying a black Latino, as simply Latino, while identifying an African American here in the USA as black is some crazy far fetched myth...like my dude I've gone 23 years of my life making the distinction and not a single person has felt the need to correct me and I grew up around blacks, black Latinos, whites, white Latinos....a Latino has always been a Latino, if they are dark skinned or light skinned I never felt the need to add the color label before "Latino" only on NT does this seem to be a huge issue bro.

You never cosigned that, but you haven't said a peep to Ninja when he was spewing that ignorance, are not checking him now, but was quick to his defense when you thought people were going at him about the Latinos thing

And quote me acting like text you bolded. I need to be reminded when I was acting that way. Please I'm not going to defend myself against things I haven't none, or any other false narrative.

Last edited:
how is it ironic? im stating that you cant just be latino because that is ignorant. you will still face racism anywhere you go. you will still be categorized. like people are saying latino is and never will be a race. it is a mix of race/ethnicity.

maybe ninjahood will understand this analogy, if you buy a bmw and do the ls swap, is it still a full bmw? no, now it is a different car with different components. it doesn't mean it still isn't a bmw.

which is all we are saying, you are more bmw (african) but with some other (spanish,taino etc.)

Bro I personally have never disputed that and you can go through all my posts if you'd like.

You never cosigned that, but you haven't said a peep to Ninja when he was spewing that ignorance, are not checking him now, but was quick to his defense when you thought people were going at him.

And quote me acting like text you bolded. I need to be reminded when I was acting that way. Please I'm not going to defend myself against things I haven't none, or any other false narrative.

Bro when I say "you" I don't really mean you, I'm addressing the opposition to what I'm saying....if you've never felt this way, don't feel like I'm directing it towards you.

You never cosigned that, but you haven't said a peep to Ninja when he was spewing that ignorance, are not checking him now, but was quick to his defense when you thought people were going at him.

Bro when I say "you" I don't really mean you, I'm addressing the opposition to what I'm saying....if you've never felt this way, don't feel like I'm directing it towards you.

How the hell I'm I suppose to know that famb

I think the issue here is the distinction between fact and opinion.

People using the term African American incorrectly to describe Black is not proof that Black and African American are the same thing.

if you never have disputed it then why don't you tell that to ninjahood instead of going at us.

Because the man has admitted to having black/African roots in him....look at him...the only thing I'm standing by is his right to self-identify as simply LATINO...and how none of you have the right to tell him he must identify as black if he chooses not to....because in his culture and surroundings the term black has often times been affiliated with AfricanAmerican culture which is different than his Latino culture....my wife is black, but she identifies as a Latina....she doesn't go around identifying as a black Latina, or Afro-Latina, she simply identifies as Latina but that doesn't mean she refuting her African descent....just to her in America there is black (African American) culture and then there is Latino culture....is she wrong if she wanted to self-identify as black?...no, as Afro-Latina?...no, as simply Latina?....no.

i just don't get how ksteezy is saying that no one is refuting that. when it's clear his boy is clearly only identifying as latin.

plenty of people have told ksteezy to address that with ninjahood on this forum. and yet has completely ignored the request/

Just because the APA says that they are interchangeable for their academic writings doesn't mean as far as society is concerned they are interchangeable. The APA is not the standard for how we define things in American society, different organizations would have a different definition.

You've done nothing more than chosen the definition that suits your argument.

Amidst all the BS in here I have a legitimate question...

So I'm white. I've noticed my mother tends to act differently around black people or when talking about black people. It's not in a racist way, but I can tell she's a little unsure of herself in certain situations. For example, she referred to someone as an "African American man". The way she said it was just awkward. I know she was trying to be PC. But I told her, "mom, it's ok to just say black now." She also used the term "mulatto" recently and I told her I think that is a derogatory term and the proper thing to say is "mixed". I just want to know if I advised my mother correctly here. On being PC in 2016...

i just don't get how ksteezy is saying that no one is refuting that. when it's clear his boy is clearly only identifying as latin.

plenty of people have told ksteezy to address that with ninjahood on this forum. and yet has completely ignored the request/

He has a right to identify as Latino if that's what he chooses to do....same way he has the right to identify as black, African, Afro-Latino, because as a Latino he is all those things....WE ARE A MIX....if the label of Latino to him superceeds everything else, you really have no right to tell him otherwise.

i guess we will never break the chain. black=/=african american. it's just the visual as someone stated. and the fact that he doesn't want to be seen as black then it is strange. it is his fault for thinking there is a something wrong with being black (at thats how it comes off)

He has a right to identify as Latino if that's what he chooses to do....same way he has the right to identify as black, African, Afro-Latino, because as a Latino he is all those things....WE ARE A MIX....if the label of Latino to him superceeds everything else, you really have no right to tell him otherwise.

i have no right. but he has no right to call others black as well. if you didn't read that post he typed about how blacks are having low birth rates due to being imprisoned, abortion, murders but that comes off very ignorant because that doesn't only pertain to blacks.

i guess we will never break the chain. black=/=african american. it's just the visual as someone stated. and the fact that he doesn't want to be seen as black then it is strange. it is his fault for thinking there is a something wrong with being black (at thats how it comes off)

I think that's a conclusion you guys came to, that because he doesn't embrace the label of black before his Latino label, that he's somehow ashamed or racist....has he flat out said "I hate black people and the color of my skin?"

Aware me please.

Reminds me of my daughter's mother's godmother who's older Italian woman first time she met me she referred to me as "oriental" like I'm a rug or something

So I'm white. I've noticed my mother tends to act differently around black people or when talking about black people. It's not in a racist way, but I can tell she's a little unsure of herself in certain situations. For example, she referred to someone as an "African American man". The way she said it was just awkward. I know she was trying to be PC. But I told her, "mom, it's ok to just say black now." She also used the term "mulatto" recently and I told her I think that is a derogatory term and the proper thing to say is "mixed". I just want to know if I advised my mother correctly here. On being PC in 2016...

i have no right. but he has no right to call others black as well. if you didn't read that post he typed about how blacks are having low birth rates due to being imprisoned, abortion, murders but that comes off very ignorant because that doesn't only pertain to blacks.

See and this was touched on some 10 pages back, that because him as a black Latino doesn't embrace the term black then he has no right labeling others black as if it automatically puts a negative stigma on the term.

Like that study that concluded that the life expectancy of white American men has decreased, should a Lighskinned latino be concerned?...does he fall under the criteria of white American? I'm seriously looking for someone to shed some light on this, that's why at the beginning of this thread I wanted to stay away from the black Angle of this debate and focus on the White angle since we come in both, and discussing the white aspect of Latinos might be less sensitive.

Reminds me of my daughter's mother's godmother who's older Italian woman first time she met me she referred to me as "oriental" like I'm a rug or something

:lol: my mother is an older Italian women. I was a little nervous introducing my gf to her but it went well.

Just because the APA says that they are interchangeable for their academic writings doesn't mean as far as society is concerned they are interchangeable. The APA is not the standard for how we define things in American society, different organizations would have a different definition.

You've done nothing more than chosen the definition that suits your argument.

IMO the best way to make sure you use the correct term is to ask the person but in situations you're not able to I think Black person, Black American, African American are all cool and mixed is as well I guess although I can't be to sure about the mixed thing because I don't have the life experiences of someone who is mixed so they might feel differently about it. 

And if I had to speak on why she was unsure of what to say is because throughout her lifetime she's seen what people call minorities in this country change so much she just doesn't really know what the proper term is and is nervous of being wrong. Like my fathers birth certificate says colored...not black colored. The only term for a race that has stayed consistent is White. (expect for that one time they tried to go by Caucasian but the supreme court changed that).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom