I will never tip at a restaraunt ever again.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

I'm surprised, you being unemployed and all trying to get a job as a waiter, that you're on such a high horse. Bus some tables for a week and not get tipped anything, and I'm sure you'll retract this whole post.

Wait...
laugh.gif

I didn't read the whole thread, but OP is trying to get a job as a waiter too???? 
roll.gif

bottom line, we got some cheap fools on this site.  If the service is bad...no tip.  If you get good service, I don't see the problem. 

*Another topic for another day....but what do yall think about tipping the mailman or the sanitation guys who get the trash/recycling?  Around X-mas time, I usually get an envelope from them asking for tips....THAT, I don't do. 

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

like ironman said, mcdonalds workers prolly make half of what the average server makes, and works twice as long...
What kind of logic is this? Different jobs get different levels of pay. This is happening in all walks of life. I am sure there are alot of people who work harder than you but get paid less.

The food industry is about convenience. Dont want to cook, you have the convienence of having someone else cook for you. Dont want to drive? You can have someone deliver it. If you dont want to pay the delivery driver extra, then take your lazy %*# to the store and pick it up yourself.

like ironman said, mcdonalds workers prolly make half of what the average server makes, and works twice as long...
What kind of logic is this? Different jobs get different levels of pay. This is happening in all walks of life. I am sure there are alot of people who work harder than you but get paid less.

The food industry is about convenience. Dont want to cook, you have the convienence of having someone else cook for you. Dont want to drive? You can have someone deliver it. If you dont want to pay the delivery driver extra, then take your lazy %*# to the store and pick it up yourself.

Originally Posted by Biggmyke

Quoted the wrong guy... Comment was geared towards the OP (LarryDavidSwag).
My bad, man

It's nothing.  For a couple years in college, my income relied heavily on what customers thought of me and my food service (pause). 

Originally Posted by Biggmyke

Quoted the wrong guy... Comment was geared towards the OP (LarryDavidSwag).
My bad, man

It's nothing.  For a couple years in college, my income relied heavily on what customers thought of me and my food service (pause). 

Originally Posted by peter80warrick

My wife and I together make over 6 figures a year and I hate tipping. I can go get the stuff myself or my water cup takes forever to re-fill.
It's not about how much you make.. is it? So you can actually see what I'm saying, can't you? It's a shame how far NTers will go to AVOID understanding a different POV than their own.

My wife and I together make over 6 figures a year and I hate tipping. I can go get the stuff myself or my water cup takes forever to re-fill.
It's not about how much you make.. is it? So you can actually see what I'm saying, can't you? It's a shame how far NTers will go to AVOID understanding a different POV than their own.

in response to OP, I would definitely question somebody if gratuity was already added for a party of 2 (a large party is the norm, obviously).

in response to tipping which comes up EVERY WEEK on NT, I tip based on service just like most..what is there to argue or justify? waiters get tipped below minimum wage and live off tips..that's how its always gonna be.

average service = 15%
good service = 18%
excellent service = 20% or more.
terrible service = you'll know about it

if you're cheap, go eat at a fast food joint..stop trying to justify something because you think you're better than someone else
laugh.gif

in response to OP, I would definitely question somebody if gratuity was already added for a party of 2 (a large party is the norm, obviously).

in response to tipping which comes up EVERY WEEK on NT, I tip based on service just like most..what is there to argue or justify? waiters get tipped below minimum wage and live off tips..that's how its always gonna be.

average service = 15%
good service = 18%
excellent service = 20% or more.
terrible service = you'll know about it

if you're cheap, go eat at a fast food joint..stop trying to justify something because you think you're better than someone else
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

this guy is an idiot, go over to sports and look at his comments in the Evan Turner thread

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

It's not about being "different" like we talking fashion or something.  You are flat out wrong and it's sad.

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

That's part of going to a sit-down restaurant though. if you don't like it, don't go.
6 figures? You have no reason to complain

I guess money can't buy class
indifferent.gif

Try to retire early, couple dollars add up every time you have to tip. Only try to go out to each once a month. Laughing all the way to the bank when I do not have to work after 50 years only.

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

It's not about being "different" like we talking fashion or something.  You are flat out wrong and it's sad.

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

That's part of going to a sit-down restaurant though. if you don't like it, don't go.
6 figures? You have no reason to complain

I guess money can't buy class
indifferent.gif

Try to retire early, couple dollars add up every time you have to tip. Only try to go out to each once a month. Laughing all the way to the bank when I do not have to work after 50 years only.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm surprised, you being unemployed and all trying to get a job as a waiter, that you're on such a high horse. Bus some tables for a week and not get tipped anything, and I'm sure you'll retract this whole post.

Wait...
laugh.gif

I didn't read the whole thread, but OP is trying to get a job as a waiter too???? 
roll.gif

bottom line, we got some cheap fools on this site.  If the service is bad...no tip.  If you get good service, I don't see the problem. 

*Another topic for another day....but what do yall think about tipping the mailman or the sanitation guys who get the trash/recycling?  Around X-mas time, I usually get an envelope from them asking for tips....THAT, I don't do. 
Not a chance in hell.  With the benefits + pay they get?  F outta here with that +#@*
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Wait...
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Not a chance in hell.  With the benefits + pay they get?  F outta here with that +#@*
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

this guy is an idiot, go over to sports and look at his comments in the Evan Turner thread

You can tell who waits/has waited. Typical entitled victimized plate carrying mentality
laugh.gif
Yall expect us to get on our knees and BEG for good service after getting stereotyped and dehumanized based on the waiter's previous experiences huh? Lol.

If a waiter starts out with an attitude and a smart mouth based on what I look like, I'm tipping him a napkin, so he can cry into it after somehow blaming ME and not him on the outcome of his tip. Silly %@@+ right there.

I always walk in with the intent of tipping, but you cant' pull some %@@+ and still expect a tip, then give up any responsibility and conjure up this long list of types of people who don't tip
laugh.gif

You can tell who waits/has waited. Typical entitled victimized plate carrying mentality
laugh.gif
Yall expect us to get on our knees and BEG for good service after getting stereotyped and dehumanized based on the waiter's previous experiences huh? Lol.

If a waiter starts out with an attitude and a smart mouth based on what I look like, I'm tipping him a napkin, so he can cry into it after somehow blaming ME and not him on the outcome of his tip. Silly %@@+ right there.

I always walk in with the intent of tipping, but you cant' pull some %@@+ and still expect a tip, then give up any responsibility and conjure up this long list of types of people who don't tip
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PTone

Wait, OP's unemployed?     
sick.gif

That's the most hilarious part of this post. Dude got all dressed up to go to BW3 to turn in an application, and white eating there decides he will never tip again
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PTone

Wait, OP's unemployed?     
sick.gif

That's the most hilarious part of this post. Dude got all dressed up to go to BW3 to turn in an application, and white eating there decides he will never tip again
laugh.gif

OP, you still havent answered, how do you know you were the only one to have gratuity added to your bill?

OP, you still havent answered, how do you know you were the only one to have gratuity added to your bill?

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

i heard of gratuity on a party of 4-5+ but 2? damn. but still, i still tip waiters for good service.

exactly.. since when do they do it on a party of 2? i need to start payin attention to my bills.

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

i heard of gratuity on a party of 4-5+ but 2? damn. but still, i still tip waiters for good service.

exactly.. since when do they do it on a party of 2? i need to start payin attention to my bills.

Back
Top Bottom