I will never tip at a restaraunt ever again.

Welcome to the club.

rdogstv.jpg

#!%$ all these other they need the tip cuz it's the only money they see like they don't get a check !+%@!@++$*+!@ in here telling you why you should tip, calling you poor, or claiming you lack an understanding for why you should tip or any other bs they trying to sell.

NEVER TIP.

Originally Posted by peter80warrick

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

That's part of going to a sit-down restaurant though. if you don't like it, don't go.
6 figures? You have no reason to complain

I guess money can't buy class
indifferent.gif

Try to retire early, couple dollars add up every time you have to tip. Only try to go out to each once a month. Laughing all the way to the bank when I do not have to work after 50 years only.

Son you cant be srs to think not tipping gonna let you retire at 50 YOA?
laugh.gif

But I feel ya on the tipping, aint no way I'm tipping anymore. My girl put me on game when we were in New Orleans

"Why are you tipping, its not like it matters, you'll never see them again and if you do, they wont remember"
pimp.gif

On a side note, if the food is over $20.00 a plate, and the portions are small (like at Emeralds NOLA Restaurant) I aint tipping. I'm complaining when the bill comes to get my bill reduced. 

That's part of going to a sit-down restaurant though. if you don't like it, don't go.

indifferent.gif

Try to retire early, couple dollars add up every time you have to tip. Only try to go out to each once a month. Laughing all the way to the bank when I do not have to work after 50 years only.

Son you cant be srs to think not tipping gonna let you retire at 50 YOA?
laugh.gif

But I feel ya on the tipping, aint no way I'm tipping anymore. My girl put me on game when we were in New Orleans

"Why are you tipping, its not like it matters, you'll never see them again and if you do, they wont remember"
pimp.gif

On a side note, if the food is over $20.00 a plate, and the portions are small (like at Emeralds NOLA Restaurant) I aint tipping. I'm complaining when the bill comes to get my bill reduced. 

Welcome to the club.

rdogstv.jpg

#!%$ all these other they need the tip cuz it's the only money they see like they don't get a check !+%@!@++$*+!@ in here telling you why you should tip, calling you poor, or claiming you lack an understanding for why you should tip or any other bs they trying to sell.

NEVER TIP.

Originally Posted by PTone

I'm surprised, you being unemployed and all trying to get a job as a waiter, that you're on such a high horse. Bus some tables for a week and not get tipped anything, and I'm sure you'll retract this whole post.

Wait, OP's unemployed?     
sick.gif

That's the most hilarious part of this post. Dude got all dressed up to go to BW3 to turn in an application, and white eating there decides he will never tip again
laugh.gif

WOWWWWWWWWWWWW... I must have mis-read that part...

This thread HAS to be a joke.  
laugh.gif
  There's no way in hell someone could have seriously experienced this.

...This can't be real life.

indifferent.gif

See that? That's why people with money get such a bad rap nowadays. It's you. The waiter is struggling to pay his bills and you, the person he's providing service to, are screwing him over for a few extra bucks so you can retire a few days early??

This is selfishness.

indifferent.gif

See that? That's why people with money get such a bad rap nowadays. It's you. The waiter is struggling to pay his bills and you, the person he's providing service to, are screwing him over for a few extra bucks so you can retire a few days early??

This is selfishness.

djuzi05 wrote:

GRyPR33 wrote:

indifferent.gif

I'm sorry, if tipping at a restaurant is messing up your retirement plans you need a new accountant.

djuzi05 wrote:

GRyPR33 wrote:

indifferent.gif

I'm sorry, if tipping at a restaurant is messing up your retirement plans you need a new accountant.

Originally Posted by PTone

I'm surprised, you being unemployed and all trying to get a job as a waiter, that you're on such a high horse. Bus some tables for a week and not get tipped anything, and I'm sure you'll retract this whole post.

Wait, OP's unemployed?     
sick.gif

That's the most hilarious part of this post. Dude got all dressed up to go to BW3 to turn in an application, and white eating there decides he will never tip again
laugh.gif

WOWWWWWWWWWWWW... I must have mis-read that part...

This thread HAS to be a joke.  
laugh.gif
  There's no way in hell someone could have seriously experienced this.

...This can't be real life.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

like ironman said, mcdonalds workers prolly make half of what the average server makes, and works twice as long...
What kind of logic is this? Different jobs get different levels of pay. This is happening in all walks of life. I am sure there are alot of people who work harder than you but get paid less.

The food industry is about convenience. Dont want to cook, you have the convienence of having someone else cook for you. Dont want to drive? You can have someone deliver it. If you dont want to pay the delivery driver extra, then take your lazy %*# to the store and pick it up yourself.

this guy is an idiot, go over to sports and look at his comments in the Evan Turner thread
Ive seen it. It baffles my mind that he is a college graduate.

like ironman said, mcdonalds workers prolly make half of what the average server makes, and works twice as long...
What kind of logic is this? Different jobs get different levels of pay. This is happening in all walks of life. I am sure there are alot of people who work harder than you but get paid less.

The food industry is about convenience. Dont want to cook, you have the convienence of having someone else cook for you. Dont want to drive? You can have someone deliver it. If you dont want to pay the delivery driver extra, then take your lazy %*# to the store and pick it up yourself.

this guy is an idiot, go over to sports and look at his comments in the Evan Turner thread

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

This is the turning point that this thread takes over and over and over again at NT.

People aren't changing their minds about the issue. T minus 5...4....3....2... Until someone posts "Mr. Pink" and "smokin" faces thinking their hilarious.

Done with this thread.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Welcome to the club.

rdogstv.jpg

NEVER TIP.

NT is a broken record sometimes. Jesus.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

This is the turning point that this thread takes over and over and over again at NT.

People aren't changing their minds about the issue. T minus 5...4....3....2... Until someone posts "Mr. Pink" and "smokin" faces thinking their hilarious.

Done with this thread.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Welcome to the club.

rdogstv.jpg

NEVER TIP.

NT is a broken record sometimes. Jesus.

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

My wife and I together make over 6 figures a year and I hate tipping. I can go get the stuff myself or my water cup takes forever to re-fill.
It's not about how much you make.. is it? So you can actually see what I'm saying, can't you? It's a shame how far NTers will go to AVOID understanding a different POV than their own.
this is what NT is all about. 
laugh.gif

it's mind-boggling to me how i'm looked at as cheap if i tipped below % due to horrible service

My wife and I together make over 6 figures a year and I hate tipping. I can go get the stuff myself or my water cup takes forever to re-fill.
It's not about how much you make.. is it? So you can actually see what I'm saying, can't you? It's a shame how far NTers will go to AVOID understanding a different POV than their own.
this is what NT is all about. 
laugh.gif

it's mind-boggling to me how i'm looked at as cheap if i tipped below % due to horrible service

laugh.gif
at ya'll pretending I'm wrong for seeing the puppet strings. I'm sorry. Carry on as you were. You're right, I'm cheap because someoine reached in my pocket and took money from me that wasn't on a menu price.

So question? How much is the gratuity tax? Is it standardized or can they just make one up. Would this thread be any less "cheap" if I spend $1000 on a meal for 2 and they took $150? What if you didn't have the $150 for the invisible tax you didn't have any clue about?

Or is it the exact same point, either way...

Ya'll are ridiculous.
laugh.gif
. I'll be "cheap" if that's NT's antonym for "gullible" these days...
just recently went to south beach, gratuity is 17% down there...but I think your just trying to find an excuse for not tipping

laugh.gif
at ya'll pretending I'm wrong for seeing the puppet strings. I'm sorry. Carry on as you were. You're right, I'm cheap because someoine reached in my pocket and took money from me that wasn't on a menu price.

So question? How much is the gratuity tax? Is it standardized or can they just make one up. Would this thread be any less "cheap" if I spend $1000 on a meal for 2 and they took $150? What if you didn't have the $150 for the invisible tax you didn't have any clue about?

Or is it the exact same point, either way...

Ya'll are ridiculous.
laugh.gif
. I'll be "cheap" if that's NT's antonym for "gullible" these days...
just recently went to south beach, gratuity is 17% down there...but I think your just trying to find an excuse for not tipping

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

i think youre missing the part where he SPENT 85 DOLLARS ON A MEAL

LOL

why should i give the broad who walked it out 25 dollars?

because she willingly applied to, wakes up and goes to clock in to, and stays working at a job that pays her 3.25 an hour?

FOHWTBS

and i love dirty's "matter-of-fact" shots....."if you're cheap, youre cheap"

LOL

cause we don't see the utility in paying 19 dollars for a 12 dollar sandwich?

because the person who walked the food out to us makes 3.25 an hour WILLINGLY?

LOL

i tip people for exceeding my expectations.

that's far from cheap.
My dude you are completely wrong on this one.  The tip is like a non-verbal contract.  I can understand teenagers thinking this way but not grown *** people. 

If you go out to eat then you should expect to tip.  It's not about giving them extra, but you can if you want too depending on the service.  Don't bash the server for having a "low paying" job.  They are supposed to get tips.
WHAT??!?!?!!!

Do I look like a indigenous person of the land called the Americas? Ol we'll verbally agree to take this land but non-verbally I'm taking your entire land and gonna wipe your ppl off the map contract giving type of *#+*$

i think youre missing the part where he SPENT 85 DOLLARS ON A MEAL

LOL

why should i give the broad who walked it out 25 dollars?

because she willingly applied to, wakes up and goes to clock in to, and stays working at a job that pays her 3.25 an hour?

FOHWTBS

and i love dirty's "matter-of-fact" shots....."if you're cheap, youre cheap"

LOL

cause we don't see the utility in paying 19 dollars for a 12 dollar sandwich?

because the person who walked the food out to us makes 3.25 an hour WILLINGLY?

LOL

i tip people for exceeding my expectations.

that's far from cheap.
My dude you are completely wrong on this one.  The tip is like a non-verbal contract.  I can understand teenagers thinking this way but not grown *** people. 

If you go out to eat then you should expect to tip.  It's not about giving them extra, but you can if you want too depending on the service.  Don't bash the server for having a "low paying" job.  They are supposed to get tips.
WHAT??!?!?!!!

Do I look like a indigenous person of the land called the Americas? Ol we'll verbally agree to take this land but non-verbally I'm taking your entire land and gonna wipe your ppl off the map contract giving type of *#+*$

It's not about being "different" like we talking fashion or something.  You are flat out wrong and it's sad.

-for being pissed that gratuity was added to my bill without my consent
-for thinking employers should pay their employee what they're worth
-for thinking the avg. consumer is suckered into believing they have an obligation to compensate employees they don't employ.
-for being willing to leave a 20% tip, and being enraged to find they had already taken 15%
-for understanding that while I may be applying for a job at the same place, I don't feel it's the customers obligation to cover my payment because I have other plans for better employment down the line and don't intend to be stuck "MAKING A LIVING" there.
-for assuming race was a tie-in when normally gratuity is only added in for parties of 6 or more
-for thinking that calling me well groomed and well spoken didn't have a silent "as opposed to _____" attached to it.

Which one is wrong and sad?  Maybe the last one..,. maybe... but you never can be certain these days. Even and still, my points are valid.

A lot of dumb people go to and graduate from college.

A lot of dumb people go to and graduate from college.

It's not about being "different" like we talking fashion or something.  You are flat out wrong and it's sad.

-for being pissed that gratuity was added to my bill without my consent
-for thinking employers should pay their employee what they're worth
-for thinking the avg. consumer is suckered into believing they have an obligation to compensate employees they don't employ.
-for being willing to leave a 20% tip, and being enraged to find they had already taken 15%
-for understanding that while I may be applying for a job at the same place, I don't feel it's the customers obligation to cover my payment because I have other plans for better employment down the line and don't intend to be stuck "MAKING A LIVING" there.
-for assuming race was a tie-in when normally gratuity is only added in for parties of 6 or more
-for thinking that calling me well groomed and well spoken didn't have a silent "as opposed to _____" attached to it.

Which one is wrong and sad?  Maybe the last one..,. maybe... but you never can be certain these days. Even and still, my points are valid.

As simple as this, if you don't want to tip, stay home. Unless the service sucked, I don't see any reason not to tip someone for their work. 

Back
Top Bottom