"I will redeem myself, I have to" MV7 Appreciation Post

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I just hope that people remain in his corner when he faces adversity on the football field. It's true...winning cures all ills. I'm not hating or anything, but I'm just curious if people would be as impressed with Vick if he was still on the bench or even struggling for that matter....

I'm a dog-lover, and what he did was disgusting....however, I believe he is TRULY sorry for the things he did. He's been speaking from the heart at all of his public engagement and really seems to be contrite for the mistakes that he made. I think jail made him a better person in the long run (he's even said the same thing). He said something in an interview that really stuck with me....he was saying that the best way he can show that he's a changed man, is to own another dog and raise it properly with his wife and children. That was awesome to hear. Maybe i'm in the minority on NT, but in 2010 I'm more impressed with Mike Vick as a MAN than as an athlete.

this..

i didn't agree with us signing him.. and still was uncomfortable rooting for him early in the season when he became our starter (it honestly felt dirty rooting for the guy).. but it wasn't until i listened to him in interviews that a realized that dude was speaking from the heart.. it wasn't like most public figures where you can tell they are just giving some disingenuous or contrived apology as a public relations move

obviously you can't forget what he did.. but you can tell that he was able to take a negative experience in his life and come out a better person.. if dude is somehow faking his sincerity on all of this, then i'm done with dude

but if the changes vick has made as a football player exemplify vick as a man, dude has matured.. and by that i mean you could tell dude didn't do his homework and prepare properly, now he is actually making that effect.. as a person we can see how the AI treatment he was getting from the public could easily have gone to his head and resulted in an extremely flawed individual (who would assume he was untouchable) IF that person doesn't have a solid foundation (which i'm assuming he didn't have considering how his brother turned out and the stuff vick himself did)

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I just hope that people remain in his corner when he faces adversity on the football field. It's true...winning cures all ills. I'm not hating or anything, but I'm just curious if people would be as impressed with Vick if he was still on the bench or even struggling for that matter....

I'm a dog-lover, and what he did was disgusting....however, I believe he is TRULY sorry for the things he did. He's been speaking from the heart at all of his public engagement and really seems to be contrite for the mistakes that he made. I think jail made him a better person in the long run (he's even said the same thing). He said something in an interview that really stuck with me....he was saying that the best way he can show that he's a changed man, is to own another dog and raise it properly with his wife and children. That was awesome to hear. Maybe i'm in the minority on NT, but in 2010 I'm more impressed with Mike Vick as a MAN than as an athlete.

this..

i didn't agree with us signing him.. and still was uncomfortable rooting for him early in the season when he became our starter (it honestly felt dirty rooting for the guy).. but it wasn't until i listened to him in interviews that a realized that dude was speaking from the heart.. it wasn't like most public figures where you can tell they are just giving some disingenuous or contrived apology as a public relations move

obviously you can't forget what he did.. but you can tell that he was able to take a negative experience in his life and come out a better person.. if dude is somehow faking his sincerity on all of this, then i'm done with dude

but if the changes vick has made as a football player exemplify vick as a man, dude has matured.. and by that i mean you could tell dude didn't do his homework and prepare properly, now he is actually making that effect.. as a person we can see how the AI treatment he was getting from the public could easily have gone to his head and resulted in an extremely flawed individual (who would assume he was untouchable) IF that person doesn't have a solid foundation (which i'm assuming he didn't have considering how his brother turned out and the stuff vick himself did)

pimp.gif

I remember how bad I felt when they were taking his posters down at work, and even reading the corporate emails about shipping off ALL of his merchandise to be disposed of...

I was happy when there was a team that took a chance with him last season, and I'm really happy to see that this man made the best of a second chance given to him. His testimony is awesome.

I remember how bad I felt when they were taking his posters down at work, and even reading the corporate emails about shipping off ALL of his merchandise to be disposed of...

I was happy when there was a team that took a chance with him last season, and I'm really happy to see that this man made the best of a second chance given to him. His testimony is awesome.

I was ready for redemption the day he got out of jail.

MV7!

Just put Philly at the top of the division with some solid performances, he's gotta be MVP.

I was ready for redemption the day he got out of jail.

MV7!

Just put Philly at the top of the division with some solid performances, he's gotta be MVP.

Originally Posted by Joshuatree2192
Great interview, I'm at a loss for words and that's saying something because athletes don't tend to impress me off the field.

Originally Posted by Joshuatree2192
Great interview, I'm at a loss for words and that's saying something because athletes don't tend to impress me off the field.

Nice thread. That recent article in Sports Illustrated is a really good read.

Nice thread. That recent article in Sports Illustrated is a really good read.

Why would I be quick to forgive someone I have no relationship or has nothing to with my life?

If that's the case, why would you be so quick to condemn someone you have no relationship with at all??

Ya and everytime you said it you sounded foolish
laugh.gif

Majority of the NFL is black
indifferent.gif

Yeah the majority of the NFL is black, but why are WE in the minority when it comes to head coaches and quarterbacks??  Which would also explain why the "Rooney rule" was set up to begin with.  I also explained why I began saying that phrase during the Week 2 of the NFL this year.  The only person foolish here is you champ.

Why would I be quick to forgive someone I have no relationship or has nothing to with my life?

If that's the case, why would you be so quick to condemn someone you have no relationship with at all??

Ya and everytime you said it you sounded foolish
laugh.gif

Majority of the NFL is black
indifferent.gif

Yeah the majority of the NFL is black, but why are WE in the minority when it comes to head coaches and quarterbacks??  Which would also explain why the "Rooney rule" was set up to begin with.  I also explained why I began saying that phrase during the Week 2 of the NFL this year.  The only person foolish here is you champ.

Back
Top Bottom