if GOD exists... Question.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

He provided evidence to support their theory. I can provide numerous personal experiences that support my theory. There is no difference, since neither can be proven true or false. 
Like? Let's hear it. Keep in mind that in science evidence is based on observation and the ability to reproduce said observation and experiments. So if I discover that 2 elements can be combined to make another in a carefully calculated proportion of each, i should be able to do this every single time.

Let's here your evidence?

I can post my stories all I want but let's be honest, most other non-religious people are going to do discredit my experiences and mock me, so what's the point? At the end of the day they're personal experiences that only I've gone through to provide ME with proof of god and nobody else. All that matters to me is that I know what I've experienced, I know what I've been through, and all it has done is solidified MY belief in god. I've never tried to pass off my beliefs as fact to anybody else the way he is, and I respect everybody else's beliefs

im going to assume you give credit to god for all the good in your life.. what goes on in your head when bad $#%@ happens?
srs question, no disrespect. 

Anton this is what I want you to get out of what I'm trying to say.

I'm not trying to discredit science. I'm not trying to say that my religious beliefs are right. Both are theories. Both can't be proven right or wrong. They're both hard to believe. We should just respect each others opinions and leave it at that.

He provided evidence to support their theory. I can provide numerous personal experiences that support my theory. There is no difference, since neither can be proven true or false. 
Like? Let's hear it. Keep in mind that in science evidence is based on observation and the ability to reproduce said observation and experiments. So if I discover that 2 elements can be combined to make another in a carefully calculated proportion of each, i should be able to do this every single time.

I can post my stories all I want but let's be honest, most other non-religious people are going to do discredit my experiences and mock me, so what's the point? At the end of the day they're personal experiences that only I've gone through to provide ME with proof of god and nobody else. All that matters to me is that I know what I've experienced, I know what I've been through, and all it has done is solidified MY belief in god. I've never tried to pass off my beliefs as fact to anybody else the way he is, and I respect everybody else's beliefs

im going to assume you give credit to god for all the good in your life.. what goes on in your head when bad $#%@ happens?

Well in this aspect they are very difference because as you know religion is spiritual. There obviously isn't going to be an equation to prove god exists and honestly I don't need one. All I can go by is what I've experienced and felt. 
Plus, he's trying to prove that the big bang theory is FACT when it's not it's just a theory, while at the same time being disrespectful and immature trying to ridicule MY beliefs. "God is evil". If God doesn't exist to him, how could he be evil?

Interestingly, there's nothing to prove that god exists. It's so important in religion to praise god yet god is conveniently absent when rational thinking is applied.

The Big Bang Theory itself explains the phenomena observed. The phenomena observed is fact and the Big Bang Theory is used to explain this fact.

I'm curious why you feel that god has revealed himself to you with personal experiences when he's absent from the lives of so many others, namely, atheists. God is capable of doing anything, so one would expect that god would reveal himself to EVERYONE with sufficient proof to everyone that he exists. Does god not care about everyone? I think it's more likely that your god simply does not exist and that your experiences were not the result of divine intervention.

Well in this aspect they are very difference because as you know religion is spiritual. There obviously isn't going to be an equation to prove god exists and honestly I don't need one. All I can go by is what I've experienced and felt. 
Plus, he's trying to prove that the big bang theory is FACT when it's not it's just a theory, while at the same time being disrespectful and immature trying to ridicule MY beliefs. "God is evil". If God doesn't exist to him, how could he be evil?

Interestingly, there's nothing to prove that god exists. It's so important in religion to praise god yet god is conveniently absent when rational thinking is applied.

The Big Bang Theory itself explains the phenomena observed. The phenomena observed is fact and the Big Bang Theory is used to explain this fact.

I'm curious why you feel that god has revealed himself to you with personal experiences when he's absent from the lives of so many others, namely, atheists. God is capable of doing anything, so one would expect that god would reveal himself to EVERYONE with sufficient proof to everyone that he exists. Does god not care about everyone? I think it's more likely that your god simply does not exist and that your experiences were not the result of divine intervention.

Originally Posted by proper english

I always found it interesting that just about everything good is attributed to god whereas everything bad is attributed to man's incompetence. How did this all powerful being fail so miserably at creating human beings? Why did god create us to be so incompetent? If all we're good at doing is wrong, god must have created us to be this defective species. Why then does he hold high expectations and punish us when he intentionally created us to fail?

Originally Posted by proper english

I always found it interesting that just about everything good is attributed to god whereas everything bad is attributed to man's incompetence. How did this all powerful being fail so miserably at creating human beings? Why did god create us to be so incompetent? If all we're good at doing is wrong, god must have created us to be this defective species. Why then does he hold high expectations and punish us when he intentionally created us to fail?

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

This is what I despise most about religion.

You actually admit that people discredit you and then say "Well it works for me, so I don't have to prove anything else; it's a personal experience."

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

This is what I despise most about religion.

You actually admit that people discredit you and then say "Well it works for me, so I don't have to prove anything else; it's a personal experience."

Wish this nonsense thread was locked up. Really amazed at how many of you young dudes don't believe in the lord.. Wow.
This is what I don't get... You believe in LOVE which is neither seen nor heard... But believing in God is just silly right? 
eyes.gif

Wish this nonsense thread was locked up. Really amazed at how many of you young dudes don't believe in the lord.. Wow.
This is what I don't get... You believe in LOVE which is neither seen nor heard... But believing in God is just silly right? 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

eyes.gif

Wait what? This makes no sense at all. Lol. Typing on a handheld is the worst. Bbl

eyes.gif

Wait what? This makes no sense at all. Lol. Typing on a handheld is the worst. Bbl

^ I believe in love because it's something I can feel. It's something that everyone can relate to. God, for me, is hard to believe....just no evidence.

^ I believe in love because it's something I can feel. It's something that everyone can relate to. God, for me, is hard to believe....just no evidence.

Originally Posted by ayejreeun

I ask this in other religious threads.  Which god or gods are people talking about?
they will never give you a straight answer.

Originally Posted by ayejreeun

I ask this in other religious threads.  Which god or gods are people talking about?
they will never give you a straight answer.

eyes.gif
How dare people not believe in the same things that you do. Also, love is a concept. I don't believe that it's some entity of its own.

eyes.gif
How dare people not believe in the same things that you do. Also, love is a concept. I don't believe that it's some entity of its own.

First, you said fath in science is the same as faith in faith.  Now you say that "they are very difference because as you know religion is spiritual."  Which one is it?

At this point, I'd like to see any evidence, because no one has brought any forward.  You guys keep saying that you have evidence, but have so far refused to bring any forward.

This leads me to believe that you have no  credible evidence.  Feel free to prove me wrong.

First, you said fath in science is the same as faith in faith.  Now you say that "they are very difference because as you know religion is spiritual."  Which one is it?

At this point, I'd like to see any evidence, because no one has brought any forward.  You guys keep saying that you have evidence, but have so far refused to bring any forward.

This leads me to believe that you have no  credible evidence.  Feel free to prove me wrong.

eyes.gif

not everyone believes in love. 
but i bet you i can discredit everything you have to say about god, and how he "works" and all that nonsense.

post it, i'll reply to everything you have to say; i won't run away. i'll give you a reasonable answer and i want something reasonable back not "he works in mysterious ways" bulls-----

eyes.gif

not everyone believes in love. 
but i bet you i can discredit everything you have to say about god, and how he "works" and all that nonsense.

post it, i'll reply to everything you have to say; i won't run away. i'll give you a reasonable answer and i want something reasonable back not "he works in mysterious ways" bulls-----

Back
Top Bottom