If Kanye's next album is a classic, is he the GOAT?

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by u ttocs

Originally Posted by eghckk

BIG had more impact w/ only 2 releases, Pac has had more influence with what was released AFTER he died, when he had no input of what SHOULD have been released.
To be fair Big died before he had a chance to put out a terrible album but I'm sure if he was alive today he would of put out several sub-par albums because every artist has a few bad albums in their catalog. Same goes for Pac and none of his albums released after he died are anywhere near classic status.
Nas was good, but c'mon, after ILLMATIC, u can't help but go downhill from that.
Can't argue with your opinion but as great as Illmatic is it's not the holy grail of hip-hop albums so I don't get why everyone keeps putting it up on a pedestal and measuring every hip-hop album against it. Nas released many albums since Illmatic that are just as good if not better thematically and lyrically.

Other rap artists that I think are better than Kanye, in no particular order....ALL the ones mentioned above, Geto Boys/Scarface, Gang Starr, EPMD, E-40(personal preference, from being from the bay), Dre, Cube, NWA, Snoop, KRS, thats just going off the top of my head
That puts Kanye out of the top 10 of all time, how would 1 more "good" album make him the GOAT?!?!?
E-40 better than Ye?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
At what?? This is a perfect example of how there are no great rappers just favorite rappers. E-40 though? Really? That's pathetic…reevaluate your life. 
E-40>Ye…reevaluate your life.

We might have a slight case of mental ******ation here, gentlemen....

Dude said E-40 > Ye,
roll.gif

I got a .gif for dude give me a sec...

Originally Posted by Taj gibson

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by Garcia y Vega

Originally Posted by cartune

Nas could be the GOAT of lyricism thats it. he is probably the best rapper who cant actually rap.

Clarify.

This is my first time hearing that Nas can't rap.

People say he has a bad ear for beats. Well I see it as him always picking beats that he's comfortable on. the majority of his beats are always around 80-95 bpm. I think thats why alot of people consider Nas boring. You never see him taking risks with different flows but thats his choice. His breath control is flawed as a vet but for example Hero was a track with a higher bpm he damn near suffocated. You cant take anything away from dude lyricaly and thats why I always considered dude as a poet more so a rapper.
So rap is a sport now? by your standards Bone thugs > Nas
this thread is no place for you go back to your wilt chamberlain mixtape series 

*Palms face*

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by killaCAM237

Kanye is the best artist out by far. No one is even close in hip-hop, like NOT even close.

Defitnely respect this opinion right here....

Can't really call it a classic but even if it was how would this make him the GOAT again?
laugh.gif

Just looked at the OP. He's not 4/4 in albums. He was 2/4, now he's 3/5.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Can't really call it a classic but even if it was how would this make him the GOAT again?
laugh.gif

dude there are no such thing as numbers. Music is completely subjective to the listners preference....for some reason people hate Ye for having real fans
laugh.gif

every album he has dropped has gone plat relatively early. even if you don't like him as an artist you can't deny his presence and his impact on culture.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by Master Zik

laugh.gif

dude there are no such thing as numbers. Music is completely subjective to the listners preference....for some reason people hate Ye for having real fans
laugh.gif
What #s? I'm just going off what OP wrote. He said Ye was 4/4 which I assumed to be 4 straight great albums (maybe he even meant classic). I simply responded with my view on it in that format as it pertains to the thread title question.
every album he has dropped has gone plat relatively early.
Irrelevant to me. If I started basing what music I like off of album sales there'd be no real point in having my own opinion based on the music. I also find it hypocritical for you to respond to me saying "there are no such thing as numbers" and then start talking to me about his albums selling 1 million copies relatively early after release.
even if you don't like him as an artist you can't deny his presence and his impact on culture.
What the +@$% does this have to do with anything I said or the thread? When did I outright deny his impact or presence?

Are you saying his impact and presence along with all of his albums going plat make him the GOAT? Well I'll say no to that but if that's not what you're saying I'm lost on why you quoted me in the first place.

Look at it this way, in 40 years Ye will be getting spins non stop on some "oldies" pop station. 

You can't really say the same for anyone with the exception of Jay or Em.

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Look at it this way, in 40 years Ye will be getting spins non stop on some "oldies" pop station. 

or wayne, and snoop depending on what our stations will consist of.

2 classics out of 5 albums, so no. Ye's got tons of great songs and his production is insane, so he's definitely one of the best musicians, but he's got NO SHOT at ever becoming the greatest RAPPER of all time. He doesn't have the skill...

Radio stations won't exist, but I agree with what you're saying ...

Question: Has anyone ever pressed rewind to hear Kanye repeat a verse or some bars?

*Sorry if question was already asked.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Radio stations won't exist, but I agree with what you're saying ...

Yes they will.

Back
Top Bottom