If Kanye's next album is a classic, is he the GOAT?

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Deuce King said:
Alot of dudes in here are either showing their age or their ignorance to music with this Kanye and GOAT talk. 

first time I'm agreeing with this guy

Originally Posted by NayStradamus

How you diss Pac and big up Kanye??...
You disrespectin hip hop, don't go outside sayin that %##%, you will DEF get snuffed...

QFT and that's an understatement

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by NayStradamus

How you diss Pac and big up Kanye??...
You disrespectin hip hop, don't go outside sayin that *$!*, you will DEF get snuffed...

Word you can tell which NTers haven't hit puberty yet

Originally Posted by Damu

it's very hard to consider somebody g.o.a.t when they have 0 classic albums
ohwell.gif

I was thinking the same thing
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by The Minister

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Tupac sucks, not a GOAT.

Kanye brought himself back into the GOAT conversation with this.

To have three solid albums out of 5 (IMHO) they hold their weight against a LOT of people in any one persons "GOAT" list

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Tupac sucks, not a GOAT.

Kanye brought himself back into the GOAT conversation with this.

To have three solid albums out of 5 (IMHO) they hold their weight against a LOT of people in any one persons "GOAT" list
indifferent.gif
 The fact that you believe this, and then had the nerve to say Kanye can be considered as the GOAT, leads me to believe that you know nothing about hip hop and shouldn't even be in this thread. 

LOL @ these Pac stans.

Stop living off the man's mystique.

When it's all said and done, Kanye's contributions to music > his.

Flame on.

GOAT can be interpreted in different ways, so I'm not gonna touch on that. Kanye has always been a pretty meh rapper, his lyrics really aren't all that. However, you can't deny the impact he's had on hip-hop over these past few years. No other urban artist is seeing Kanye in terms of that.
Obviously as rapper he's not seeing Jay, Nas, Rakim, and all those guys. But solely an artist he's leaps and bounds past those guys and by far the best hip-hop artist of the new millennium.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

LOL @ these Pac stans.

Flame on.
Says the guy with Kanye in his avy
grin.gif
 It's not about whose a stan or not, its about being real. Kanye is a great artist but I doubt any of his songs will make it in the library of congress or the vatican. I doubt his lyrics or his importance in pop culture will be a subject at a university. IMO He will never be able to top Pac's contribution to not only music but to popular culture. IMO Kanye has not made music that will change someone's personal life. 

Originally Posted by Based God

GOAT can be interpreted in different ways, so I'm not gonna touch on that. Kanye has always been a pretty meh rapper, his lyrics really aren't all that. However, you can't deny the impact he's had on hip-hop over these past few years. No other urban artist is seeing Kanye in terms of that. Obviously as rapper he's not seeing Jay, Nas, Rakim, and all those guys. But solely an artist he's leaps and bounds past those guys and by far the best hip-hop artist of the new millennium.

laugh.gif
NO.

Clearly alot of people don't see eye to eye on this issue. I can't hate. His work on the boards is undeniable. Since the late 90's he's put in some work. Ok. But this greatest ever *%$+ doesn't really make sense to me.
ohwell.gif

And dudes always talkin bout influence everytime you bring up Kanye, but Rakim has influenced everybody to pick up a mic since the late 80's. So chill.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

LOL @ these Pac stans.

Flame on.
grin.gif
 It's not about whose a stan or not, its about being real. Kanye is a great artist but I doubt any of his songs will make it in the library of congress or the vatican. I doubt his lyrics or his importance in pop culture will be a subject at a university. IMO He will never be able to top Pac's contribution to not only music but to popular culture. IMO Kanye has not made music that will change someone's personal life. 

I give props to you for a legitimate response.
Don't get me wrong, I have Pac music in my iPod. I appreciate what he's done for music during the 90's. 

But to this day, I strongly believe Pac is/was glorified 1000x because of his death. Dude became a messiah after it. 

You can't say Kanye has not made contributions to popular culture. That's ridiculous. I don't even have to dwell into that point.

Kanye is already a staple in popular culture. 

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

LOL @ these Pac stans.

Flame on.
grin.gif

I give props to you for a legitimate response.
Don't get me wrong, I have Pac music in my iPod. I appreciate what he's done for music during the 90's. 

But to this day, I strongly believe Pac is/was glorified 1000x because of his death. Dude became a messiah after it. 

You can't say Kanye has not made contributions to popular culture. That's ridiculous. I don't even have to dwell into that point.

Kanye is already a staple in popular culture. 
I disagree. People praised Pac while he was living, I just believe people take more time to reflect on how great you were once you die. Michael Jackson, and Jimi Hendrix are great examples of that. I guarantee once Prince dies, people will glorify him way more. btw I didn't say Kanye hasn't made any contributions, I'm saying it's not on the same level as Pac's.

This thread is +%+%*@$ asinine. Can't believe some of the *+*# in the last few pages.
30t6p3b.gif

Don't get me wrong, I have Pac music in my iPod.
This is the new "...but my best friend is black!"

letsgetit22 wrote:
I disagree. People praised Pac while he was living, I just believe people take more time to reflect on how great you were once you die. Michael Jackson, and Jimi Hendrix are great examples of that. I guarantee once Prince dies, people will glorify him way more. btw I didn't say Kanye hasn't made any contributions, I'm saying it's not on the same level as Pac's.

While I agree, Michael Jackson was on a whole nother level... that dude had the power to make grown men cry upon sight when I was growing up.  Kanye isn't quite there, although I do think Kanye is making a case to be top 5 for the genre of hip-hop of all time.  Definitely. 

Dudes are gonna realize Kanye is the closest thing to "progression" in the rap game than Pac or Big or Jay ever was. Maybe when he dies or when he stop doing music... but ya'll are going to realize it.

Who you think all these blog rappers wanna be like at some point or another? I'll wait.

The game has changed. No point in acting like it hasnt.

LOL @ these Pac stans.

Flame on.
Name the Pac albums you listened and rank them compared to kanyes and lets see. Kanye has 1 classic to me which is Late Registration. A very good albums in college dropout and dark twisted fantasy. A Good album in graduation. Pac has a 100% classics in 7 Day Theory and Me Against The World. All the other OG pac albums I would rank around Very Good. And Even some of his posthumus albums like Until The End of Time are really good. Dude had material for days and with no real big features. Kanye has been known to have tons of features on his joints. Hell look at this new one.

People forget Pac was a LEGIT THESPIAN. Kanye wishes he was a thespian.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Dudes are gonna realize Kanye is the closest thing to "progression" in the rap game than Pac or Big or Jay ever was. Maybe when he dies or when he stop doing music... but ya'll are going to realize it.

Who you think all these blog rappers wanna be like at some point or another? I'll wait.

Realize what we all agree he is really good and top 5 right now. But to argue he is the top 5 rapper in the last 30 years? C'mon THE LAST 30 YEARS. Do you think Kanye is better than the following rappers:

Tupac
Jay-z
Nas
Eminem
Biggie
Outkast (as a group which is a fair way to judge this)

All of the following people have more than 1 classic album where Kanye does not.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Realize what we all agree he is really good and top 5 right now. But to argue he is the top 5 rapper in the last 30 years? C'mon THE LAST 30 YEARS. Do you think Kanye is better than the following rappers:

Tupac
Jay-z
Nas
Eminem
Biggie
Outkast (as a group which is a fair way to judge this)

All of the following people have more than 1 classic album where Kanye does not.
Artist? Yes.

Rapper...as in rapping ability? No.

I'm not budging on that.

Plus, Tupac is rated too highly as a rapper IMO. As an artist I think his position is justified.

Back
Top Bottom