If Kanye's next album is a classic, is he the GOAT?

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

if Ye died today, he'd definitely be considered the greatest

greatest at what? Sure a lot of you misguided kids look up to him but his music is good but greatest? For one hes not even anywhere close to Tupac. So dead that thought early.

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Look at it this way, in 40 years Ye will be getting spins non stop on some "oldies" pop station. 

You can't really say the same for anyone with the exception of Jay or Em.
Radio stations won't exist, but I agree with what you're saying ...

Yes they will.
like this guy says, yes they will.

They might take the shape of all streaming but its still the same principal.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

if Ye died today, he'd definitely be considered the greatest

greatest at what? Sure a lot of you misguided kids look up to him but his music is good but greatest? For one hes not even anywhere close to Tupac. So dead that thought early.

LOL. Kill that Tupac noise. 

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Ye is already my favorite complete artist of all time.

rapper is still up for debate...

What he said. I still think Lu is the best lyricist to touch a mic in the past 10 years. Ye is the best artist to do it to me (given MJ's greatness). And Jay is just the GOAT rapper to constantly release music that I love every track. 

Tupac sucks, not a GOAT.

Kanye brought himself back into the GOAT conversation with this.

To have three solid albums out of 5 (IMHO) they hold their weight against a LOT of people in any one persons "GOAT" list

it's very hard to consider somebody g.o.a.t when they have 0 classic albums
ohwell.gif

Another question: Generally, in regards to an artist, value is deducted when an artist has a lot of features on their album. How can Kanye be considered the greatest when the album with the least amount of features is generally considered his weakest??

Greatest artist? No way. Prince, Hendrix, guys like that are on a whole nother level than Ye.

Greatest rapper? HELL NO.

Another question: Generally, in regards to an artist, value is deducted when an artist has a lot of features on their album. How can Kanye be considered the greatest when the album with the least amount of features is generally considered his weakest??

wait what? i hope you're talking about 808's and not CD... and if you are then 808's is an experimental album so you GOTTA cut him slack even if it isn't your taste... even though i think 808's is better than graduation (don't taze me)

after reviewing the play... you MAY in fact be talking about graduation and that makes your point make a lot of sense

Alot of dudes in here are either showing their age or their ignorance to music with this Kanye and GOAT talk. 

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Tupac sucks, not a GOAT.

To have three solid albums out of 5 (IMHO) they hold their weight against a LOT of people in any one persons "GOAT" list

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Tupac sucks, not a GOAT.

Are you $%$%$#* kidding me? You call a +$@+* who has 3 solid albums a goat? HAVE YOU SEE PACS DISCOGRAPHY?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You kanye stans are disgusting. Seriously anyone of you %*!%$! who think Kanye is better than Tupac should kill yourself. Kanye dreams he could be Tupac. He wishes his version of Dear Mama was as good as Pacs. He wishes he could write Brenda got a Baby. He wishes he could even be as critically aclaimed as Tupac. There is no rapper that even has close to Pacs work ethic besides Lil Wayne. Pac STILL got tracks yall %*!%$! havent heard yet AND there good.

WE CAN GO ALBUM VS ALBUM OR TRACK VS TRACK PAC WILL ALWAYS DEFEAT KANYE

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

Look at it this way, in 40 years Ye will be getting spins non stop on some "oldies" pop station. 

You can't really say the same for anyone with the exception of Jay or Em.
Radio stations won't exist, but I agree with what you're saying ...

Yes they will.
like this guy says, yes they will.

They might take the shape of all streaming but its still the same principal
He got no huge hits on the radio now so how he going to have hits from this album in the future?

Power #22 on top 100 charts
Runaway #12 on top 100 charts
Monster #15 on top 100 charts

How you diss Pac and big up Kanye??...
You disrespectin hip hop, don't go outside sayin that *$!*, you will DEF get snuffed...

Originally Posted by NayStradamus

How you diss Pac and big up Kanye??...
You disrespectin hip hop, don't go outside sayin that *$!*, you will DEF get snuffed...

Word you can tell which NTers are clearly not connected into the black community

Right now, i think Ye is top 5. Better then Lil Wayne for sure. I have a hard time puttin him in front of Em though.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Right now, i think Ye is top 5. Better then Lil Wayne for sure. I have a hard time puttin him in front of Em though.

You talking about right now or all time?

Yea that was misleading cause this thread is about all time. I was talking about right now, cause i would never consider Lil Wayne top 5 all time.

I would consider eminem top 5 all time though, Kanye's like top 10

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

wait what? i hope you're talking about 808's and not CD... and if you are then 808's is an experimental album so you GOTTA cut him slack even if it isn't your taste... even though i think 808's is better than graduation (don't taze me)

after reviewing the play... you MAY in fact be talking about graduation and that makes your point make a lot of sense
I was talking about 808's. Each of his albums has plenty of features, excluding 808s (4?) and Graduation (5, 6?). And I'm not saying 808s is garbage, but it is generally considered his weakest ...

Back
Top Bottom