If Kanye's next album is a classic, is he the GOAT?

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Average rappers don't get GOAT anything.

Best producer turned rapper sure, but give me a %$!$*+@ break.

...and I love Kanye's work.
i wont even give him that while Q-tip is still walking this earth breathing oxygen, and Havoc from Mobb deep patiently awaits his rap brethren to be released from prison.

Lets not forget RZA.

RZA is very inconsistent at rapping.

I got

1. Ye.

2. DJ Quik
3. Rza
4. Q-Tip

Not counting Jay since he has ghostwriters  

True Hip-Hop heads are so bias towards the past, Kanye is regardless already a top 10 figure in Hip-Hop history.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Originally Posted by mossman75

Originally Posted by Damu

it's very hard to consider somebody g.o.a.t when they have 0 classic albums
ohwell.gif

QFT

i was waiting for someone to say this

pimp.gif

Now yall saying Ye has no classics?

30t6p3b.gif

He has classic songs, he has produced classic songs, but as far as albums Nope

If Kanye dies tomorrow he'll be go down as one of the greatest to ever rap, produce, and entertain.

Just accept it. Its my opinion, yes, but the validity of that can't be denied.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

RZA is very inconsistent at rapping.
True that.  But his better stuff outweighs Kanye's imo.  At least for now.

I disagree. But that's all just opinion.
Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

^ You said DJ Quik is the greatest producer of all time.

Shut yo &*^ up.

He's top 10 in hip hop so how is someone with a preference wrong for putting him number 1

Tre, it was more of a 'you wanna get at our opinions, I'll take a shot at yours' kind of thing.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

A lot of people are too nostalgic, and act like nothing that was done in the past can be topped.

Just saying.
And on the other side of that coin you got ppl acting like music they cant remember cant be better than the stuff they do.

Just saying.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

If Kanye dies tomorrow he'll be go down as one of the greatest to ever rap, produce, and entertain.

Just accept it. Its my opinion, yes, but the validity of that can't be denied.

And who else exactly does that? I mean what is the top 5 list in that category than? Its pretty stupid to even rank people with such a combination. We are rating Kanye as a rapper which is what most of us in this thread are talking about. The term GOAT has SPECIFICALLY in Rap community to mean the best RAPPER. Producing and Entertaining are pretty abstract but who is Kanyes competition in that "category"? Its really unfair to add his producing into the discussion when there are people who just rap and entertain.

Kanye is regardless already a top 10 figure in Hip-Hop history.
Such an asinine statement to say the least.  Do you realize when you say Top 10 figure in hip hop history that includes not justs rappers but people like DJ Kool Herc, Russell Simmons, Puff Daddy, and so on, and I haven't even gotten to rappers yet.  Aint no way in hell Kayne is even considered as a Top 10 figure in hip hop history.  Go back to school.  Statements like this above just lets me know that alot of you dudes, especially you Kanye fans simply don't know what your talking about.  You just want to be fanboys and not know the history of the subject that your speaking about.   

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you can't compare Kanye or his body of work to Pac, Dre, Mobb, Q-tip, Cube or whoever

below is JUST AN EXAMPLE, I'm not calling ANY OF THESE PEOPLE GOATS

Kanye is rapping in a DIFFERENT TIME PERIOD than any of those guys were when they were IN THEIR PRIME. When nwa and public enemy were doing their thing rap was just starting to take off...Pac gave it credibility as Poetry, Eminem and Luda used their word play to solidify that you needed SOME talent to do it.

Kanye is just taking it from where it was left, he is changing the genre, but to try and compare two different eras of music is unheard of, would kanye even be allowed to make his music if it wasn't for the artist before him??

It's like who is the greatest African American hero..Obama...no, what about MLK or Malcom X, but we can't forget about rosa or harriet...fredrick douglas??? Langston Hughes?? Maya??

Just appreciate the artist for what they have done and move on, in my opinion the only GOAT music wise in ANY GENRE is MJ, someone who COMPLETELY set themself apart from everyone else, you know what's crazy?? He didn't even seem to care about record sells, or who was better than him, the guy just did what he did.
Has anyone ever sold
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
110 milion records
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
of ONE ALBUM and appeared NOT TO CARE.

The guy spent his time owning his own amusement park, his own monkey/personal zoo and getting all kinds of plastic surgery, and obsessing about elizabeth taylor....name me one person that good

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

A lot of people are too nostalgic, and act like nothing that was done in the past can be topped.

Just saying.

How so? Nobody has formed and argument at all for Kanye to be the GOAT. No list was form of songs that makes him better than any one else and no artist vs artist comparison based on anything substantial. You guys keep using this oh he is the leader of our generation but this is music this is the music forum we talk about songs and albums all that other +#*+ means nothing.

^^my bad i think what i posted was all his record sales from 2008 totaled, anyways it's just an example

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

^ You said DJ Quik is the greatest producer of all time.

Shut yo &*^ up.

Never ever have i said DJ Quik was the greatest of all times?

Love is his work, he's ten top status

But you saying

Kanye>>Pac

I think you need to shut yo ++# up

I really can't believe dude even had the nerve to say that Kanye is a Top 10 figure in hip hop history......Never mind trying to convince people of having him as a say Top 10 rapper of all-time, as if that wasn't outlandish enough he said Top 10 figure in hip hop history.  Ignorance is bliss. 

Originally Posted by dhart48

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you can't compare Kanye or his body of work to Pac, Dre, Mobb, Q-tip, Cube or whoever

Kanye is rapping in a DIFFERENT TIME PERIOD than any of those guys were when they were IN THEIR PRIME. When nwa and public enemy were doing their thing rap was just starting to take off...Pac gave it credibility as Poetry, Eminem and Luda used their word play to solidify that you needed SOME talent to do it.

Kanye is just taking it from where it was left, he is changing the genre, but to try and compare two different eras of music is unheard of, would kanye even be allowed to make his music if it wasn't for the artist before him??

It's like who is the greatest African American hero..Obama...no, what about MLK or Malcom X, but we can't forget about rosa or harriet...fredrick douglas??? Langston Hughes?? Maya??

Just appreciate the artist for what they have done and move on, in my opinion the only GOAT music wise in ANY GENRE is MJ, someone who COMPLETELY set themself apart from everyone else, you know what's crazy?? He didn't even seem to care about record sells, or who was better than him, the guy just did what he did.
Has anyone ever sold
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
110 milion records
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

The guy spent his time owning his own amusement park, his own monkey/personal zoo and getting all kinds of plastic surgery, and obsessing about elizabeth taylor....name me one person that good

This is pretty much what I hope everyone realizes.

You can't take away what Kanye has done and continues to do and not give him his props.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I really can't believe dude even had the nerve to say that Kanye is a Top 10 figure in hip hop history......Never mind trying to convince people of having him as a say Top 10 rapper of all-time, as if that wasn't outlandish enough he said Top 10 figure in hip hop history.  Ignorance is bliss. 

Whoa...we're saying he ISN'T?!

Incredible. Ignorance IS bliss then if we let you tell it.

What Kanye did in the 2000s to now isn't top 10 worthy? In hip-hop? A decade? I hate to start name calling but ya'll are ******ed now.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by dhart48

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Has anyone ever sold
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
110 milion records
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

This is pretty much what I hope everyone realizes.

You can't take away what Kanye has done and continues to do and not give him his props.
This is all you should ever say and GTFOOH. Nobody is not giving Ye props. We're just not slurping him and praising him with all these outrageous titles like you are. The %$** you want us to just blindly agree with.

Talking about your opinion is validated and undeniable
laugh.gif
Should just stop while you're this ahead of yourself. Dudes deadass talk like hip hop started in 2000

Back
Top Bottom