If Kanye's next album is a classic, is he the GOAT?

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I really can't believe dude even had the nerve to say that Kanye is a Top 10 figure in hip hop history......Never mind trying to convince people of having him as a say Top 10 rapper of all-time, as if that wasn't outlandish enough he said Top 10 figure in hip hop history.  Ignorance is bliss. 

Whoa...we're saying he ISN'T?!

Incredible. Ignorance IS bliss then if we let you tell it.

What Kanye did in the 2000s to now isn't top 10 worthy? In hip-hop? A decade? I hate to start name calling but ya'll are ******ed now.

5249.gif

If Kanye dies tomorrow he'll be go down as one of the greatest to ever rap, produce, and entertain.

Just accept it. Its my opinion, yes, but the validity of that can't be denied.

no he wouldn't... if he died today he would be known for his outspoken controversy if anything and he sure as hell aint top ten

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

If Kanye dies tomorrow he'll be go down as one of the greatest to ever rap, produce, and entertain.

no he wouldn't... if he died today he would be known for his outspoken controversy if anything and he sure as hell aint top ten
roll.gif

This is ridiculous.

His antics aside...

College Dropout
Late Registration
Graduation
808s & Heartbreak
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Plus the features on other songs...

Combined these don't make you a top ten rap artist? Not even best rapper. Rap artist?
roll.gif

You can't name more than nine other artists (Since he's in the top ten...
laugh.gif
) with a more solid offering in hip-hop.

At first I was confused, now I'm just annoyed.

roll.gif

This is ridiculous.

His antics aside...

College Dropout
Late Registration
Graduation
808s & Heartbreak

Combined these don't make you a top ten rap artist? Not even best rapper. Rap artist?
roll.gif

laugh.gif

all those albums and only 1 is classic

roll.gif

This is ridiculous.

His antics aside...

College Dropout
Late Registration
Graduation
808s & Heartbreak

roll.gif

laugh.gif

all those albums and only 1 is classic
You know what the funny thing is, depending on who you ask, that title "classic" can be attributed to 2-4 of his albums depending on who you ask on this board alone simply because of the range that those albums represent.

That in itself speaks to his presence.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

A lot of people are too nostalgic, and act like nothing that was done in the past can be topped.

Just saying.
And on the other side of that coin you got ppl acting like music they cant remember cant be better than the stuff they do.

Just saying.

I agree

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

A lot of people are too nostalgic, and act like nothing that was done in the past can be topped.

Just saying.

How so? Nobody has formed and argument at all for Kanye to be the GOAT. No list was form of songs that makes him better than any one else and no artist vs artist comparison based on anything substantial. You guys keep using this oh he is the leader of our generation but this is music this is the music forum we talk about songs and albums all that other +#*+ means nothing.

I'm not even talking about hip hop, or music in general for that matter. I'm talking about everything. 
But in reference to this topic, it seems like people are just throwing out every and any old artists name and saying that they are better then Kanye. The RZA? Come on man I'm 30 years old and I lived through the prime of the WU, and even back then people would say the RZA was the worst rapper EVER. Now all of these years later he can be mentioned in the same conversation as Kanye? 

Kanye is a different type of artist then everyone he is being compared to. His music has transcended to the point where it wouldn't be fair to compare him to other rappers. It's just different, but at the same time its is great. He may not be a better rapper then a lot of the people he is being compared to, but he is an overall better artist that makes better music then a lot of the people he is being to compared to. 

I really can't believe dude even had the nerve to say that Kanye is a Top 10 figure in hip hop history......Never mind trying to convince people of having him as a say Top 10 rapper of all-time, as if that wasn't outlandish enough he said Top 10 figure in hip hop history.  Ignorance is bliss. 

What Kanye did in the 2000s to now isn't top 10 worthy? In hip-hop? A decade? I hate to start name calling but ya'll are ******ed now.

Just goes to show that you and alot of your other Kanye fanboy brethren have no idea what you are talking about.  Once again, you have brought great shame upon yourself. 

Originally Posted by 49er4Life

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Average rappers don't get GOAT anything.

Best producer turned rapper sure, but give me a %$!$*+@ break.

...and I love Kanye's work.
i wont even give him that while Q-tip is still walking this earth breathing oxygen, and Havoc from Mobb deep patiently awaits his rap brethren to be released from prison.

Came in here to say he's not even better than Q-tip if u wanna be honest
To be considered the best you have to stay relevant while alive. Neither Q nor Havoc have been relevant for god knows how long so they are disqualified..
you a "what have you done for me lately" type of fan huh
grin.gif
eyes.gif

im a "person A set da bar this high, then person B to be da best you gotta beat da best" fan.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

5249.gif
laugh.gif

im done with this thread......even kneesh got u

Kneesh ownage sighting??????

eek.gif

If Kanye died today he will go down as one of the greatest.
We all know you kids dont appreciate nothin till its gone.

Just saying.

How so? Nobody has formed and argument at all for Kanye to be the GOAT. No list was form of songs that makes him better than any one else and no artist vs artist comparison based on anything substantial. You guys keep using this oh he is the leader of our generation but this is music this is the music forum we talk about songs and albums all that other +#*+ means nothing.

I'm not even talking about hip hop, or music in general for that matter. I'm talking about everything. 
But in reference to this topic, it seems like people are just throwing out every and any old artists name and saying that they are better then Kanye. The RZA? Come on man I'm 30 years old and I lived through the prime of the WU, and even back then people would say the RZA was the worst rapper EVER. Now all of these years later he can be mentioned in the same conversation as Kanye? 

Kanye is a different type of artist then everyone he is being compared to. His music has transcended to the point where it wouldn't be fair to compare him to other rappers. It's just different, but at the same time its is great. He may not be a better rapper then a lot of the people he is being compared to, but he is an overall better artist that makes better music then a lot of the people he is being to compared to. 
You know were in the music forum right ?

roll.gif

This is ridiculous.

His antics aside...

College Dropout
Late Registration
Graduation
808s & Heartbreak

roll.gif

laugh.gif

If we are talking catalogs....

PAC:
[table][/table]Me Against the World
All Eyez on Me
The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory

Notorious B.I.G
Ready To Die
Life After Death

Jay-Z
Blueprint
Black Album
Vol. 2
Resonable Doubt

Nas:
IllMatic
Untitled
Stillmatic

Eminem
Slim Shady LP
Marshall Mathers LP
Eminem Show
Devil's Night (Can I Count This?)

Outkast:
Aquemini
Atliens

Snoop Dogg:
Doggystyle

Dr Dre:
Chronic

Bone Thugz:
E 1999 Eternal

UGK:
Ridin' Dirty

Ice Cube:

Now compare the impact Kanye's cd had to those... BTW

THIS IS A POST PAC ERA LIST I AM NOT AN EXPERT PRE-PAC DEATH SO THIS IS EXCLUDING RAKIM, KRS-ONE, RUN DMC, SLICK RICK, & PUBLIC ENEMY

Just saying.

You realize I did write more than one sentence right? The next paragraph gicves an example of my initial statement.

Just saying.

You realize I did write more than one sentence right? The next paragraph gicves an example of my initial statement.

Alright so which Kanye album had more impact and better material than any of the albums I poste above?

Originally Posted by 49er4Life

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Average rappers don't get GOAT anything.

Best producer turned rapper sure, but give me a %$!$*+@ break.

...and I love Kanye's work.
i wont even give him that while Q-tip is still walking this earth breathing oxygen, and Havoc from Mobb deep patiently awaits his rap brethren to be released from prison.

Came in here to say he's not even better than Q-tip if u wanna be honest
To be considered the best you have to stay relevant while alive. Neither Q nor Havoc have been relevant for god knows how long so they are disqualified..
you a "what have you done for me lately" type of fan huh
grin.gif
eyes.gif

im a "person A set da bar this high, then person B to be da best you gotta beat da best" fan.
Not even. I'm taking everything into account.

Cube is STILL making music, but none of it pass 2000 sans a few hits REALLY hit like the beginning of his career. No one is taking away ANYTHING dudes like him in the 90s did but for the ENTIRE list to be made up of rappers before 2000s shows that you and others are unwilling to even CONSIDER that newcomers, which ye isn't as he's been in the game for well over a decade, could POSSIBLY be better than them.

roll.gif

This is ridiculous.

His antics aside...

College Dropout
Late Registration
Graduation
808s & Heartbreak

roll.gif

laugh.gif

If we are talking catalogs....

PAC:
[table][/table]Me Against the World
All Eyez on Me
The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory

Notorious B.I.G
Ready To Die
Life After Death

Jay-Z
Blueprint
Black Album
Vol. 2
Resonable Doubt

Nas:
IllMatic
Untitled
Stillmatic

Eminem
Slim Shady LP
Marshall Mathers LP
Eminem Show
Devil's Night (Can I Count This?)

Outkast:
Aquemini
Atliens

Snoop Dogg:
Doggystyle

Dr Dre:
Chronic

Bone Thugz:
E 1999 Eternal

UGK:
Ridin' Dirty

Ice Cube:

Now compare the impact Kanye's cd had to those... BTW

THIS IS A POST PAC ERA LIST I AM NOT AN EXPERT PRE-PAC DEATH SO THIS IS EXCLUDING RAKIM, KRS-ONE, RUN DMC, SLICK RICK, & PUBLIC ENEMY

you can add better days and until the end of time they were both good albums....you can add speakerbox and the love below on their also and it was written even god son

Alright so which Kanye album had more impact and better material than any of the albums I poste above?

The IMPACT of College Dropout changed the game.

Before College Dropout, if you wanted to be a rapper you had to be a "character" or have a "persona." You were either a hustler (Jay-Z, Snoop, Dre)... a mafia type figure (Biggie, Nas)... a thug (2Pac, Bone, 50 Cent)... or be a little crazy and alternative to appeal to a white/pop audience(Eminem, Outkast). Kanye and College Dropout made it cool to be yourself. Look at the evolution of hip hop, and even some of the artists you mentioned since College Dropout came out. A lot of them attempted to sway away from their original characters and personas. Now that could be because of them maturing and getting older, but it also could be because of seeing Kanye being able to thrive doing it. Take a look at a lot of the post College Dropout artists as well. Other then coke rappers(Jeezy, Ross) for the most part it has been regular dudes talking about regular things.

I would consider that impact.

Classy Freshman wrote:The IMPACT of College Dropout changed the game. 
Before College Dropout, if you wanted to be a rapper you had to be a "character" or have a "persona." You were either a hustler (Jay-Z, Snoop, Dre)... a mafia type figure (Biggie, Nas)... a thug (2Pac, Bone, 50 Cent)... or be a little crazy and alternative to appeal to a white/pop audience(Eminem, Outkast). Kanye and College Dropout made it cool to be yourself. Look at the evolution of hip hop, and even some of the artists you mentioned since College Dropout came out. A lot of them attempted to sway away from their original characters and personas. Now that could be because of them maturing and getting older, but it also could be because of seeing Kanye being able to thrive doing it. Take a look at a lot of the post College Dropout artists as well. Other then coke rappers(Jeezy, Ross) for the most part it has been regular dudes talking about regular things.

agreed, except you forgot they had "underground" underselling "real dudes before, he just brought it to the forefront.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Classy Freshman wrote:The IMPACT of College Dropout changed the game. 

agreed, except you forgot they had "underground" underselling "real dudes before, he just brought it to the forefront.

So?

Who gets credit for the Moonwalk? The b-boys in the hood that MJ learned to do it from or MJ doing it on stage during national TV?

Back
Top Bottom