If Kanye's next album is a classic, is he the GOAT?

Kanye is GOAT. Besides Man on the Moon, 808s is the only album i can listen to and not skip any tracks so that album is definitley up there. Waaaaaaaaaay up there

Originally Posted by KingRamey

Kanye is GOAT. Besides Man on the Moon, 808s is the only album i can listen to and not skip any tracks so that album is definitley up there. Waaaaaaaaaay up there

so much fail in this post its not even funny

U right.

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Originally Posted by haiti5

WHAT THE HELL IS GOIN ON IN THIS THREAD ?

Massive amounts of dumb.

speaking of.. lol @ n_'s who are only able to take things at face value.

for the record, i don't think RD and CD are equally great albums in the exact sense. i wasn't stating my personal preference, i was making a wide scale comparison in the context of the idea that Kanye has no albums on the same level as Jay's.

but uh yea, if anybody actually cares to refute, what makes RD exceptionally better than another classic album such as College Dropout? what makes Volume 1 soooooooooo much better than Late Registration?

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

Originally Posted by rock55asu

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

Originally Posted by Diego

Why do fans of Rap/Hip Hop always feel the need to rate rappers in numbered order?

I dont think any other genre of music has this infatuation with rating in this manner.
You'd be surprised man... those classic rock guys get HEATED over Zeppelin vs. Beatles vs. Pink Floyd vs. Rolling Stones vs. Beach Boys.
No one ever includes the Beach Boys in that discussion.  But I have heard some epic Zep vs Metallica arguments.  The Beatles vs. the Stones comes up alot but the Beach Boys and Pink Floyd do not really belong in that conversation.
No man, people very often debate Beach Boys vs. Beatles. They claim the Beach Boys' harmonies and melodic arrangements are the best of all time. It's from 2002, but look at this forum thread and how many people heavily favor the Beach Boys. Personally, I believe that the Beatles are the GOAT, but many, many people disagree. Also you absolutely can't say Pink Floyd doesn't belong.

And don't get me started on the dudes obsessed with Phish and Grateful Dead... that gets thrown in quite a bit as well. Although they're usually too high to say more than, "their music is just chill"
laugh.gif

You shouldn't have wasted your time explaining yourself...80% of this forum thinks of The Beach Boys as nothing more than the guys who sang "Surfin USA"

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SplashySplash

GOAT....Naw.

GFOAT.... Without a doubt
laugh.gif

Looking at some of these posts some you guys have to be under 21, or just started listening to hip hop.

Kanye West is a great artist, but some of you are giving him to much credit.

Just for the record RZA>>>>>>>>Kanye.

Some of these youngsters need to listen to some rap/hip hop from 91-99, and try again........

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

so much fail in this post its not even funny
eyes.gif
 what's fail? its my opinion. We obviously arent going to have the same tastes in music so naturally, we (and everyone else) are going to have different opinions. So your post is filled with fail. Not mine
iLLoQuent aka DSK wrote:
KingRamey wrote:

laugh.gif

under  500 posts? You hold NO weight in this thread or this forum. Leave. Now. You've earned 0 internets. 

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Kanye is a unique talent, that won't be duplicated anytime in the future.

He has four straight classic albums. Gradution is his best all around album (In my opinion).

Already greatest rapper/producer. First ballot Hall of Famer.
glasses.gif

indifferent.gif

Which albums were not classics, in your opinion?

I'm not going to judge Kanye as a person, don't really care.

He is an excellent artist. EASILY the best rapper to come out in a while.

Wayne, Drake, Cudi, Black Eyed Peas, TI, Luda, what other random rappers are popular right now?

He literally DESTROYS all of them as a musician. Sadly, he has pretty much no talent pushing him to be better. Jay-Z is one of the few tolerable rappers out today and he came out in the early 90's.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Well since this is all subjective and all i will add my 2 cents.

some one said he is an above average rapper. Yep that's it....above average. Now how much do you weight production vs rapping. To me he is an excellent producer no doubt top 5 but i think a lot of people can produce good music. Not a lot of people can rap really well.

I personally don't have a list of Top 5 "All Around Hip Hop Artists". If you said that to me id say Pac, Nas, Em, BIG, Big L, Scarface. I don't think in terms of all around producing and rapping talent.

And to the better first 3 albums argument?

Eminem - Infinite, Slim Shady, Marshall Mathers, Eminem Show (if you consider 808's to be a classic then i can consider Eminem Show to be on par with that)

Eminem also changed the rap world. He made it ok for white people to rap. Kanye made it ok to....wear tight clothes? date bald chicks? cry through auto-tuner? idk just my opinion

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

His first four albums > anyone else's first four albums

When did Ye drop anything better than RD, Vol. 1-3?

just beacuse you LOVE that +%*$ don't mean everybody else do, acting like Vol. 1-3 are untouchable
roll.gif

College Dropout = RD
Late Registration > Vol. 1
Graduation = Vol. 2
808s < Vol. 3

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Kanye is a unique talent, that won't be duplicated anytime in the future.

He has four straight classic albums. Gradution is his best all around album (In my opinion).

Already greatest rapper/producer. First ballot Hall of Famer.
glasses.gif

indifferent.gif

Which albums were not classics, in your opinion?

808's and Graduation are certainly not classics from any standpoint. LR and CD  are both arguable but IMO they both are.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Looking at some of these posts some you guys have to be under 21, or just started listening to hip hop.

Some of these youngsters need to listen to some rap/hip hop from 91-99, and try again........
laugh.gif
u callin folks young then u come off like the average 30 year old hip hop head talkin bout some rza... rza cant touch kanye in ANY aspect of music making... are u serious? i KNOW u dont think rza is a good rapper...

YO YO YO YO YO

all bullish aside

can we please all agree that Late Registration is a classic and his best album

please

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

YO YO YO YO YO

all bullish aside

please
Both points are debatable, but not far fetched.

And I don't know where in the @$@$ dudes get off saying 808's and Graduation are classics though.
laugh.gif

Like you really can't be serious. I enjoyed both albums, but classics?!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

YO YO YO YO YO

all bullish aside

please
Both points are debatable, but not far fetched.

yet Late Registration shouldn't even be mentioned in same breath as Vol. 1, yall kill me.
laugh.gif

do the Jay stans even consider Vol. 1 a classic?

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

laugh.gif
u callin folks young then u come off like the average 30 year old hip hop head talkin bout some rza... rza cant touch kanye in ANY aspect of music making... are u serious? i KNOW u dont think rza is a good rapper...
36 Chambers, Wu-tang Forever, Liquid Swords, OB4CL, Ironman >>>>>>ANY body of work, production wise by Kanye.

You need to put that pipe down, if you think otherwise.

Kanye is the better artist, but not the better producer.

Rza opened the door for Kanye, and other producer/rappers.

He is not, and will never be the GOAT in any aspect of hip hop or producing.

Get over it..........

iLLoQuent aka DSK wrote:
KingRamey wrote:
under  500 posts? You hold NO weight in this thread or this forum. Leave. Now. You've earned 0 internets.

roll.gif
This *%@+% getting funnier by the post. If post count did matter (which it doesn't)...I actually have more than you so try again.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom