If Kanye's next album is a classic, is he the GOAT?

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

i dont care if i disappoint some lame from new york... sorry...

i support good music... ill buy albums if i like them enough...

why does that matter to u?

only rap album worth buying in the past 2 years has been cudi... and i own that... whats ur point?
That %@%+ aint even a rap album though.
laugh.gif

so rapper/producer wise your saying Kanye is better then Q-Tip or maybe a J Dilla ?

and ya need to stop using popularity to equate a rapper's value or an album's value.... Graduation is not no Classic and neither is 808

RZA only has a NY sound so i'm guessing the movies and anime he's done work for sound New York to you too ?

so rapper/producer wise you saying Kanye is better then Q-Tip or maybe a J Dilla ?

and ya need to stop using popularity to equate a rapper's value or an album's value.... Graduation is not no Classic and neither is 808

RZA only has a NY sound so i'm guessing the movies and anime he's done work for sound New York to you too ?

only rap album worth buying in the past 2 years has been cudi... and i own that... whats ur point?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I respect Ham's musical opinion but dude said that CD = RD...wow

And Ye is really not that original of an artist, he just consistently makes (made) very highly quality Hip-Hop.

He was basically running with the "everyday man" style that was popping in the early 90's prior to West Coast Gangsta Music.

808 is a catchy and daring album but that s_ aint no masterpiece or a classic.

And y'all gonna act like Graduation didn't have Drunk and Hot Girls on it? How is that a 10/10, classic album?

If he makes a classic album he'll be picking up where he left off after LR and continuing to cement his reputation as a Legend but GOAT HipHop artist?.. Come on y'all.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

And Ye is really not that original of an artist, he just consistently makes (made) very highly quality Hip-Hop.

He was basically running with the "everyday man" style that was popping in the early 90's prior to West Coast Gangsta Music.

And y'all gonna act like Graduation didn't have Drunk and Hot Girls on it? How is that a 10/10, classic album?

If he makes a classic album he'll be picking up where he left off after LR and continuing to cement his reputation as a Legend but GOAT HipHop artist?.. Come on y'all.
Agree 100%

I agree that the %*%$ ain't no classic. But Drunk And Hot Girls was piff. And so was Barry Bonds. (The 2 tracks I always see people gripe about).

But that just shows how different people are
laugh.gif
... For instance on an NT level, I seen people say Dom's tape 25th Hour was classic/his best tape and act like Back Around isn't on there.
laugh.gif

abeautifulhaze wrote:

I Swear i was thinking the same thing that song is Horrific I don't even know why Mos is on that joint 
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
 Like i previously Stated I think Mos Paved the way for artists like him IMO

LuigiTheKing wrote:
MusicalExcellence wrote:

laugh.gif

YO YO YO

just so we are all clear

everyone knoes Common wrote Man on the Moon. He wrote the whole thing

you dont believe me read the cd booklet

/carry on

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

LuigiTheKing wrote:
MusicalExcellence wrote:

laugh.gif

YO YO YO

just so we are all clear

everyone knoes Common wrote Man on the Moon. He wrote the whole thing

you dont believe me read the cd booklet

/carry on

Still doesn't make it a rap album.
laugh.gif

That's a dope album, but no way in hell am I ever gonna call it a RAP album.

Nas could write a whole album for Taylor Swift to sing, but it doesn't make it a rap album.

Barry Bonds was aight to me. Sometimes skippable, sometimes not.

Thats the way I feel about Graduation overall. Good album but missing the passion and content of his first 2 joints. The first 6 songs are great but it trails off after that for me. Not too much replay value IMO.

Ye is basically a new age Pete Rock. Hes a much better MC and has a lot more solo music of course...but on the production side...does he have joints better than this?

Originally Posted by Remi23

what? ur joking right?

Kid Cudi Album was Not RAP Sir.
not that... about common writing it...

its listed as alternative rap... im not too big on the whole boxing things in so i dont care what genre its in but it was better than every rap album released in 2009...

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

laugh.gif
I'm saying
laugh.gif
and Time knows that so GTFOOHWTBS.

Ye is basically a new age Pete Rock. Hes a much better MC and has a lot more solo music of course...but on the production side...does he have joints better than this?
To be fair, not many people do.

Those tracks are legendary records but mostly because they've stood the test of time. They're about 20 years old.

Ye has classic production credits though. So it's not as large of a gap as people initially would think.

I agree with that.

Ye def has classics.

Another 5 more years of great music and hes in a league of his own.

But like someone said earlier, Rza has a mountain of classics and his impact is still being felt almost 20 years later. Can't take that away from him.

Can't downplay Q-Tip, Dre......or Diddy.

Ye's a great artist but calling him the GOAT at this point in his career is a serious stretch.

Back
Top Bottom