If life is found on other planets, does that make Christianity a fraud religion?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by iLLscan

How does the fossil record discredit religion?
Carbon dating has shown that the Earth has been around longer than Christianity claims.
I'm offended he even asked that question
laugh.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i've yet to hear something from da religious folks that would discredit carbon dating....

Carbon dating has shown that the Earth has been around longer than Christianity claims.

This is a huge lie, why do people claim this? carbon dating has been proven to be off in cases millions of years, Magladon shark tooth was dated at 34millionyears and recently dated at 3,000...........the amount of Carbon in the air even 300 years ago was different!

I dont think it will expose Christianity as being fraud but it will open the eyes of SOME OF the "die hard"Christians, meaning it might get them out of their self centered thinking. While some others will call it false or the evidence of the beast or something likethat.

and he used simp correctly chumps. see: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/simp

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i've yet to hear something from da religious folks that would discredit carbon dating....

eyes.gif
how is that exactly done again?

Originally Posted by GTEK

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

It has been not by "Christians" but by science itself!.......they dont even consider carbon dating consistant enough anymore to get a gooddate.......dont believe me look it up for yourself, it was a flawed way to get a "date" out of something anyways, the carbon in the air isnt the sameanymore

one person on discovery channel took a piece of old wood and dated it "5 million years ago" from a house that was built in the 1930s just to proove apoint

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

It has been not by "Christians" but by science itself!.......they dont even consider carbon dating consistant enough anymore to get a good date.......dont believe me look it up for yourself, it was a flawed way to get a "date" out of something anyways, the carbon in the air isnt the same anymore

one person on discovery channel took a piece of old wood and dated it "5 million years ago" from a house that was built in the 1930s just to proove a point

I was just asking sarcastily, cause some guys where backing it up as if they got a lab at the crib.
grin.gif

Christianity is fake bro. Nothing but the same rehashed stories that have been told for thousands of years.

And how long has Christianity claimed the Earth has been around.

I ask because I don't recall ever going over dates in my Bible...

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

It has been not by "Christians" but by science itself!.......they dont even consider carbon dating consistant enough anymore to get a good date.......dont believe me look it up for yourself, it was a flawed way to get a "date" out of something anyways, the carbon in the air isnt the same anymore

one person on discovery channel took a piece of old wood and dated it "5 million years ago" from a house that was built in the 1930s just to proove a point

So your telling me man & dinosaur roamed the Earth together like in The Flintstones?
Yabba dabba doo!

It was more directed at Ninja & Anton

I have documentation of an Allosaurus bone that was sent to The University of Arizona to be carbon dated. The results were 9,890 60 years and 16,120 220 years.

"We didn't tell them that the bones they were dating were dinosaur bones. The result was sample B at 16,120 years. The Allosaurus dinosaur wassupposed to be around 140,000,000 years. The samples of bone were blind samples."

This test was done on August 10, 1990

7db154e39f61bb76a1b20935f470f5b8d2ebd0c.jpg

iLLscan, Im not telling you anything, im saying Carbon dating is never going to be able to tell you the true age of anything yet people still say "thebible says the earth is 6,000 yrs old, so its gotta be wrong according to the dinosaurs"

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

So your telling me man & dinosaur roamed the Earth together like in The Flintstones?
Yabba dabba doo!

Of course not--BUT where in the bible does it claim that MAN & Dinosaur roamed the Earth together...

Because If I recall, in the bible, man was the last "organism" to be created by God. In other words, animals were created before man which to me, isvery much in line with a fossil record that depicts "Dinosaurs", among other animals, preceding and predating man...

Originally Posted by Mister916

Magladon
Can you imagine if those things were still around? They were gianormous!

I know right!? Jaws x2
A great white sharks head can fit inside its mouth. There would be parts of dead whales floating everywhere.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I was just sparking a debate I'm not a die hard defender ofreligion, I believe both science and religion.
Religion to me has to do more with spirituality and growing as a person
Science provides answers to what goes on around us
Science does not answer questions that pertain to our souls and morals

Originally Posted by kash55

No, because they'll have a way to say that was also some how in the Bible.

If the discovery of Dinosaurs, Evolution, etc etc etc...haven't changed some peoples minds, it will never change. Some people just like to believe in a higher being, no matter how fraudulent it may seem.
*golf clap*

This is a huge lie, why do people claim this? carbon dating has been proven to be off in cases millions of years, Magladon shark tooth was dated at 34million years and recently dated at 3,000...........the amount of Carbon in the air even 300 years ago was different!

So do you think the earth is 6000 years old then?

so if aliens are discovered... what will Christianity's or all religion in general say to explain such a thing? (just curious)

because with technology moving at the rate that it is, our space programs are gonna come up with tons of data that im sure will eventually find SOMETHING outthere that will disprove any religious notion

Originally Posted by epox12

Point is, Mars and the other natural satellites are considered part of the heavens...generally speaking
Neil Armstrong has been on the moon, according to Christianity does that mean he has been to the heavens? I am seriously asking.

I would like to hear the answer to this also

Back
Top Bottom