If life is found on other planets, does that make Christianity a fraud religion?

WHAT NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME IN THESE THREADs IS HOW UNITED ALL YOU ATHEISTS SEEM TO BE. SHARED BELIEFS PERHAPS?

Originally Posted by mattg

Originally Posted by epox12

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Point is, Mars and the other natural satellites are considered part of the heavens...generally speaking
Neil Armstrong has been on the moon, according to Christianity does that mean he has been to the heavens? I am seriously asking.
I would like to hear the answer to this also

Uhhh yes, i'm not even christian, but common sense should (but this is nt) tell you that "heavens" is more in reference to skies, than the actual "heaven" where god lives with all the good dead christians.
If you are not a Christian why are you answering a question addressed to a christian? You make a condescending statement about common sense and then exercise none. Now I will wait to see if a Christian answers the question because he/she might have a different answer.

Why would you need a christian to answer that? if it makes you feel any better i grew up christian. "Heavens" again is more a general term used in reference to "skies", as opposed to just "heaven"/the afterlife. If a christian says any different they lack common sense too, and don't fully understand their own religion. One.
It sounds like you love reading your own posts and hearing the sound of your own voice but again I will wait to see if a Christian will answer my question. Since you know everything about everything and have as much common sense as you do maybe you will understand that. It's obvious your opinion is not the one I am looking for but yet you still feel the need to state your opinion. Use your common sense and social skills. ONE.

coming as a on/off christian, maybe more of an agnostic, i think i can answer the question you're looking to be answered: common sense should (but this is nt) tell you that "heavens" is more in reference to skies, than the actual "heaven" where god lives with all the good dead christians. so in a way yes neil armstrong and any person who has travelled in space has travelled to "the heavens". but that as not the same as "heaven" where god and angels are. i think "the heavens" is kind of an older term now so it isn't used as much, which probably caused the confusion between young and older folks so maybe it really isn't common sense lol but yeah. in fact the traditional meaning of heaven is the skies, until around 1000AD they started using it to refer to an afterlife (thanks wikipedia!). i also looked up the word heaven in a dictionary and the term "the heavens" was actually in there and it said it means the sky, beyond the earth, space, etc.
Are you the same guy posting under a different name? Common sense should tell you (but this is nt) that I don't a give a rats @** about whatyou think. The question was directed towards a praticing christian. Not someone who grew up christian or an on again off again christian who is reallyagnostic. The lack of reading comprehension skills some people have is unbelievable, now I will wait to see if an actual practicing Christian answers thequestion but most likely it will be answered by another know it all who gets all his/her answers from wikipedia or yahoo answers. I don't care if theChristian gives me the exact same answer I would just like to hear what an actual Chrisitian has to say but some of you just can't understand that.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

WHAT NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME IN THESE THREADs IS HOW UNITED ALL YOU ATHEISTS SEEM TO BE. SHARED BELIEFS PERHAPS?

[h2]common sense[/h2] 
Use common sense in a Sentence

-noun [table][tr][td]sound practical judgment that is independent of specialized knowledge, training, or the like; normal native intelligence.[/td] [/tr][/table]

Origin:
1525-35; trans. of L sēnsus commūnis, itself trans. of Gk koin
emacrgrave.png
aísthēsis
thinsp.png

Why would it only invalidate Christianity? If it invalidates one Earth religion it invalidates them all from Zoroastrianism to Neopaganism. And hellby this logic finding life on other continents should've invalidated Christianity, the New World wasn't mentioned in the Bible somepeople literally thought this was Hell when they first came over.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

I'm one of the few that completely backs science while being a loyal christian. So it wouldn't change anything for me.
How does that work?
Ok, let me make it simple for you. You know how King Arthur has the Excalibur and Merlin, well replace King Arthur with God, the Excalibur with Satan, and Merlin with Jesus, and King Arthur's horse with evolution. That's how I believe in god and evolution.
That was %*$**@+ ******ed. Murder yourself.

well this is what i think of religions "I THINK PEOPLE FROM BACK THEN MADE RELIGIONS AND BELIEFS IN ORDER TO HAVE A SOCIETY THAT WILL WORK ACCORDING TOTHEIR SETS OF BELIEFS, THEY WERE TRYING MAKE A PERFECT SOCIETY BUT SOMEONE ALWAYS DON"T FOLLOW IT SO THINK ABOUT IT... By the way I am Christian Catholicand my family goes to church from now and then.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

Originally Posted by R31J23

Religon is not a fact, it is a faith.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Christians (and others like them) will never fully grasp those words.[/color]
People on both sides of any argument regarding religion will never fully grasp these words and acknowledge some key holes in their understandingof each side of the argument. Too often people on both sides take sacred text and the word of organized religion as fact.

As previously mentioned, you have to consider the history of how the bible (and any sacred text) was written and take it in a contextual manner (at least IMO).Yes, there are those who are literalists, but that's where you get orthodox and fanatics who make any belief (religious or not) look extreme, and to someextent bad.

People get caught up in fact vs. religion. Remember organized religion is not the same as personal faith. They are both highly intertwined, but there are significant differences. I personally have problems with the waymany religions are run, but I don't think the individual's beliefs are wrong.

I only read the first couple of pages SMFHHHH @ some of you making a stupid semantic argument over "Heavens" and "Heaven." This is perfectexample of where context is extremely important. I don't understand how any of you have never heard anything outside of the Earth referred to as theHeavens.

Originally Posted by 10Sakuragi

Originally Posted by Tony Goalie

Some people just cant face the truth..

=[
its not that they can't face it sometimes they just don't want to
WORD

LAST PERSON I KNOW WHO FOUND OUT THE TRUTH

KIDNAP HIS GIRL BY KNIFE-POINT AND GOT KILLED BY THE COPS

SON COULDNT TAKE THE TRUTH & WANTED TO GO OUT WITH FIRE
tired.gif

YA' REGION PEOPLE ARE WEAK MINDED AND NEED THIS TO KEEP SANITY LIVING ON THE 3RD DIMENSION

SMH

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

=[
WORD

tired.gif

YA' REGION PEOPLE ARE WEAK MINDED AND NEED THIS TO KEEP SANITY LIVING ON THE 3RD DIMENSION

SMH

I love when people trynna kick knowledge...but make dumbest errors.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

=[
WORD

tired.gif

SMH

Weak minded? calling somebody week minded on NT are you kidding me? this place is full of hype beast and sheep!......and 14yr olds lol

Atheist don't deny they share a belief that there is no god. I don't understand the amazement.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Atheist don't deny they share a belief that there is no god. I don't understand the amazement.

DING DING DING
smile.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Atheists...the only thing funnier than religious zealots.
forreal

its hilarious how steadfast and ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE they are that religion isnt true and that a god doesnt exist

at the end of the day , if you have faith that a higher power exists , theres no way to DISPROVE it . if you believe that god doesnt exist , there is no way toPROVE it
. both beliefs hinge on faith

Originally Posted by Prez T

forreal

its hilarious how steadfast and ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE they are that religion isnt true and that a god doesnt exist

at the end of the day , if you have faith that a higher power exists , theres no way to DISPROVE it . if you believe that god doesnt exist , there is no way to PROVE it

QFT.......This is what Athiest's seem to not understand.

forreal

at the end of the day , if you have faith that a higher power exists , theres no way to DISPROVE it . if you believe that god doesnt exist , there is no way to PROVE it

Because they are what they call us. They say we always think we're right and so sure but go and do the same thing. They talk about thehypocrisies of the bible, us and Christianity, but most are hypocrites themselves.

They look for us to fail. How do I know this? Let me get my girl pregnant. These vultures will eat me alive as if I'm not human. The same people who argueto us that we should treat people like humans and give them equal rights will disregard their own words and go in for the kill.

The same people who use Jesus' "cast the first stone" scripture against us will begin to cast boulders.

forreal

some of them do . a lot of them though have such a strong anger towards religion that they will still continue to bash it and those whobelieve in a god

What I laugh at is that most people go athiest just because of their differences with ONE religion.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

forreal

Because they are what they call us. They say we always think we're right and so sure but go and do the same thing. They talk about the hypocrisies of the bible, us and Christianity, but most are hypocrites themselves.

They look for us to fail. How do I know this? Let me get my girl pregnant. These vultures will eat me alive as if I'm not human. The same people who argue to us that we should treat people like humans and give them equal rights will disregard their own words and go in for the kill.

The same people who use Jesus' "cast the first stone" scripture against us will begin to cast boulders.

Exactly, that is why I will continue to say that most atheists are the biggest hypocrites. If you really are an athiest and you care so little, I shouldn'tbe able to know that you are via internet
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by mattg

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Point is, Mars and the other natural satellites are considered part of the heavens...generally speaking
Neil Armstrong has been on the moon, according to Christianity does that mean he has been to the heavens? I am seriously asking.
I would like to hear the answer to this also

Uhhh yes, i'm not even christian, but common sense should (but this is nt) tell you that "heavens" is more in reference to skies, than the actual "heaven" where god lives with all the good dead christians.
If you are not a Christian why are you answering a question addressed to a christian? You make a condescending statement about common sense and then exercise none. Now I will wait to see if a Christian answers the question because he/she might have a different answer.

Why would you need a christian to answer that? if it makes you feel any better i grew up christian. "Heavens" again is more a general term used in reference to "skies", as opposed to just "heaven"/the afterlife. If a christian says any different they lack common sense too, and don't fully understand their own religion. One.
It sounds like you love reading your own posts and hearing the sound of your own voice but again I will wait to see if a Christian will answer my question. Since you know everything about everything and have as much common sense as you do maybe you will understand that. It's obvious your opinion is not the one I am looking for but yet you still feel the need to state your opinion. Use your common sense and social skills. ONE.

coming as a on/off christian, maybe more of an agnostic, i think i can answer the question you're looking to be answered: common sense should (but this is nt) tell you that "heavens" is more in reference to skies, than the actual "heaven" where god lives with all the good dead christians. so in a way yes neil armstrong and any person who has travelled in space has travelled to "the heavens". but that as not the same as "heaven" where god and angels are. i think "the heavens" is kind of an older term now so it isn't used as much, which probably caused the confusion between young and older folks so maybe it really isn't common sense lol but yeah. in fact the traditional meaning of heaven is the skies, until around 1000AD they started using it to refer to an afterlife (thanks wikipedia!). i also looked up the word heaven in a dictionary and the term "the heavens" was actually in there and it said it means the sky, beyond the earth, space, etc.
Are you the same guy posting under a different name? Common sense should tell you (but this is nt) that I don't a give a rats @** about what you think. The question was directed towards a praticing christian. Not someone who grew up christian or an on again off again christian who is really agnostic. The lack of reading comprehension skills some people have is unbelievable, now I will wait to see if an actual practicing Christian answers the question but most likely it will be answered by another know it all who gets all his/her answers from wikipedia or yahoo answers. I don't care if the Christian gives me the exact same answer I would just like to hear what an actual Chrisitian has to say but some of you just can't understand that.

U mad?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I swear only NT where someone can make such a big deal out of a simple concept. "Heaven" = double meaning
smh.gif

I told myself I wouldn't reply to this thread but seeing your posts just makes me shake my head. Dudes are giving you the answer you are looking for butyou just decide to get confrontational and start attacking these guys. If you do not have anything meaningful to add then just keep it moving.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom