If Ma$e never left the hiphop industry...

if Rick Ross could be a rapper who was a former C.O. why can't we have a Pastor turned Rapper? Rozay broke that mold for people to have 2 personalities

if Rick Ross could be a rapper who was a former C.O. why can't we have a Pastor turned Rapper? Rozay broke that mold for people to have 2 personalities

Alot of dudes are trying to rewrite history in here.  At the end of the day Mase did the right thing for his career and more importantly his life which was to get out of the rap game, start reading from Genesis to Revelation and everything in between and not really look back.  His services in the rap game were no longer needed.  One less #*@+% to worry about.

Alot of dudes are trying to rewrite history in here.  At the end of the day Mase did the right thing for his career and more importantly his life which was to get out of the rap game, start reading from Genesis to Revelation and everything in between and not really look back.  His services in the rap game were no longer needed.  One less #*@+% to worry about.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Alot of dudes are trying to rewrite history in here.  At the end of the day Mase did the right thing for his career and more importantly his life which was to get out of the rap game
son how you sound...son LEFT COLD TURKEY after going quadruple platinum in 1997...how

was that good thing?
laugh.gif
sick.gif

that boy was da hottest thing smoking in rap...PERIOD.

Alot of dudes are trying to rewrite history in here.  At the end of the day Mase did the right thing for his career and more importantly his life which was to get out of the rap game
son how you sound...son LEFT COLD TURKEY after going quadruple platinum in 1997...how

was that good thing?
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

was that good thing?
laugh.gif
sick.gif

True to ninjahood form dude leaves out very important bits and pieces as he goes along.  Since we're talking about finding the Lord here champ, to take a page out of a famous gospel song............."THAT'S NOT HOW...................THE STORY ENDS..........3 DAYS 2 YEARS LATER............"

On April 20, 1999, during an interview with Funkmaster Flex on New York radio station Hot 97, Mase announced his retirement from music to pursue "a calling from God." He felt he was leading people, friends, kids and others down a path to hell, stating that he left to find God in his heart and follow him.[sup][citation needed][/sup] He declared it was time for him to serve God in his way, saying rap was not real and that he wanted to deal with reality, and that he had become unhappy with what he did, no matter how much it paid.

Mase's sophomore effort, Double Up, was released in June 1999 and distributed by Bad Boy Records and sold 107,000 copies in its first week,

For a dude that was suppose to be "so hot" dudes first week numbers were piss poor at best, especially given the timeframe we are looking at back then.  When Mase left the game, be it by the time he announced his retirememnt or by the time his second album Double Up released Mase was no longer the hottest thing smoking in rap as you claimed.  To put it in other terms......Mason Betha was a non-@%!!!#$*!!*@% factor, and rightfully so.   

was that good thing?
laugh.gif
sick.gif

True to ninjahood form dude leaves out very important bits and pieces as he goes along.  Since we're talking about finding the Lord here champ, to take a page out of a famous gospel song............."THAT'S NOT HOW...................THE STORY ENDS..........3 DAYS 2 YEARS LATER............"

On April 20, 1999, during an interview with Funkmaster Flex on New York radio station Hot 97, Mase announced his retirement from music to pursue "a calling from God." He felt he was leading people, friends, kids and others down a path to hell, stating that he left to find God in his heart and follow him.[sup][citation needed][/sup] He declared it was time for him to serve God in his way, saying rap was not real and that he wanted to deal with reality, and that he had become unhappy with what he did, no matter how much it paid.

Mase's sophomore effort, Double Up, was released in June 1999 and distributed by Bad Boy Records and sold 107,000 copies in its first week,

For a dude that was suppose to be "so hot" dudes first week numbers were piss poor at best, especially given the timeframe we are looking at back then.  When Mase left the game, be it by the time he announced his retirememnt or by the time his second album Double Up released Mase was no longer the hottest thing smoking in rap as you claimed.  To put it in other terms......Mason Betha was a non-@%!!!#$*!!*@% factor, and rightfully so.   

My son killed it on the "light work" remix
pimp.gif

The king of that lazy flow no matter who comes along.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

pimp.gif

My statement below that I gave earlier is in reference to the statement above as well .....................

"Between you, Mase's family, and his so called "fanbase" that makes a grand total of 7 sales or downloads.  From a business standpoint, that's not worth the time, energy and money to put Mase back in the studio champ."

Originally Posted by ksteezy

pimp.gif

My statement below that I gave earlier is in reference to the statement above as well .....................

"Between you, Mase's family, and his so called "fanbase" that makes a grand total of 7 sales or downloads.  From a business standpoint, that's not worth the time, energy and money to put Mase back in the studio champ."

was that good thing?
laugh.gif
sick.gif

how you come up with correct facts...then try to fudged da info?
laugh.gif

OF COURSE it wasn't gonna sell as much as his first one after son basically retired and refused to promote da album...and that joint STILL got a plaque
laugh.gif

thats like judging mike's career based on what he in da barons when he retired.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

there's NOTHING remotely smart about what he did when he retired. if you're tryin to dispute that fact they its gonna be futile.

when you're featured on this...and it goes diamond

PUFF%20DADDY%20&%20THE%20FAMILY%20-%20No%20way%20out%20-%20Front.jpg

and use this as a springboard to release your classic debut...and it goes 4x platinum

185490_3_f.jpg

you put your weed carriers on and still get a plaque

1.JPG

jumpstart your best friend's career

da LAST THING you do is retire.....
indifferent.gif

was that good thing?
laugh.gif
sick.gif

how you come up with correct facts...then try to fudged da info?
laugh.gif

OF COURSE it wasn't gonna sell as much as his first one after son basically retired and refused to promote da album...and that joint STILL got a plaque
laugh.gif

thats like judging mike's career based on what he in da barons when he retired.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

there's NOTHING remotely smart about what he did when he retired. if you're tryin to dispute that fact they its gonna be futile.

when you're featured on this...and it goes diamond

PUFF%20DADDY%20&%20THE%20FAMILY%20-%20No%20way%20out%20-%20Front.jpg

and use this as a springboard to release your classic debut...and it goes 4x platinum

185490_3_f.jpg

you put your weed carriers on and still get a plaque

1.JPG

jumpstart your best friend's career

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

Are we talking about plaques or are we talking about "being the hottest things smoking" as you referred to earlier??  Either way, in 1999 the ride was pretty much over for one Mason Betha, and once again.........rightfully so. 

there's NOTHING remotely smart about what he did when he retired.

It was either retire from rap, leave NYC or end up dead at the bottom of the Hudson River.  With that in mind your man made the right choice champ.  Reason being is he's alive to tell his story to his so called "fanbase" that exists. 

indifferent.gif

Are we talking about plaques or are we talking about "being the hottest things smoking" as you referred to earlier??  Either way, in 1999 the ride was pretty much over for one Mason Betha, and once again.........rightfully so. 

there's NOTHING remotely smart about what he did when he retired.

It was either retire from rap, leave NYC or end up dead at the bottom of the Hudson River.  With that in mind your man made the right choice champ.  Reason being is he's alive to tell his story to his so called "fanbase" that exists. 

how was it "over" in 1999 when BEFORE it announced he retried, his album was one of da most anticipated? 
laugh.gif

you acting like albums. or music in general came out in da same tenacity it does as in 2012...most rappers waited 2 years each to drop a new record..jay-z was criticized

for dropping every year i remember back in da day.

let's not forget your man jigga went from reasonable doubt, to having a "fake" badboy album with vol. 1..sucking off that puff daddy production. 
laugh.gif

how was it "over" in 1999 when BEFORE it announced he retried, his album was one of da most anticipated? 
laugh.gif

you acting like albums. or music in general came out in da same tenacity it does as in 2012...most rappers waited 2 years each to drop a new record..jay-z was criticized

for dropping every year i remember back in da day.

let's not forget your man jigga went from reasonable doubt, to having a "fake" badboy album with vol. 1..sucking off that puff daddy production. 
laugh.gif

Between you, Mase's family, and his so called "fanbase" that makes a grand total of 7 sales or downloads.  From a business standpoint, that's not worth the time, energy and money to put Mase back in the studio champ.

Ya all said da same thing about French Montana...now's he's da best thing Smokin...so you'll have to excuse me if i take NT's mase skepticism with a grain of salt....

^^

"..........Is that you Betha"

can anybody give me any info on the jay and mase beef?

Sometime in early '98 Mase allegedly made a diss tape towards or about Jay.  That why on track 4 on the Hard Knock Life album "Ride or Die" Jay says the line.....

"$@#%#% cat fightin with Jigga, kickin sneaky %+!* Makin little tapes but keepin it secret"

Jay also threw Mase another shot on that track.........

"I bruise wack rap $@#%#% severely punish them
Especially those that get %*$+#+ for they publishing, heh"

We all know how Diddy is when it comes to getting money from artists publishing.  Nothing really happened to from there though between the two other than Mase getting the hell out of town as fast as possible for good reason and getting in good with the holy ghost............

"dissin Jay will get you Mase'd
When I start spittin them lyrics $@#%#% get very religious
Six hail mary's please father forgive us"

I was born in 1991 so i can't really talk bout sumthin I don't know... Why did Mase had to leave town tho?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

sidenote: I ain't really think too much about those lines on Never Let Me Down, but the way you broke it down... Jay is too nice
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

EDIT: ninjahood is making some really good points also... you guys can carry on with the debate
laugh.gif

Between you, Mase's family, and his so called "fanbase" that makes a grand total of 7 sales or downloads.  From a business standpoint, that's not worth the time, energy and money to put Mase back in the studio champ.

Ya all said da same thing about French Montana...now's he's da best thing Smokin...so you'll have to excuse me if i take NT's mase skepticism with a grain of salt....

^^

"..........Is that you Betha"

can anybody give me any info on the jay and mase beef?

Sometime in early '98 Mase allegedly made a diss tape towards or about Jay.  That why on track 4 on the Hard Knock Life album "Ride or Die" Jay says the line.....

"$@#%#% cat fightin with Jigga, kickin sneaky %+!* Makin little tapes but keepin it secret"

Jay also threw Mase another shot on that track.........

"I bruise wack rap $@#%#% severely punish them
Especially those that get %*$+#+ for they publishing, heh"

We all know how Diddy is when it comes to getting money from artists publishing.  Nothing really happened to from there though between the two other than Mase getting the hell out of town as fast as possible for good reason and getting in good with the holy ghost............

"dissin Jay will get you Mase'd
When I start spittin them lyrics $@#%#% get very religious
Six hail mary's please father forgive us"

I was born in 1991 so i can't really talk bout sumthin I don't know... Why did Mase had to leave town tho?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

sidenote: I ain't really think too much about those lines on Never Let Me Down, but the way you broke it down... Jay is too nice
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

EDIT: ninjahood is making some really good points also... you guys can carry on with the debate
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ImStillMike

Originally Posted by ItzJono

So Mase is getting signed to MMG?
Is that a trick question?
at this point untill he's got a MMG chain & diddy isn't in da picture then i wont be convinced.

son was rocking that g-unit spinner chain and i thought it was on...untill diddy closed da door on that.
mad.gif
laugh.gif

mase20and20gunit20chain1wq9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom