If you were playing in the NBA, would you rather have your own signature shoe or play in PEs?

any of ray allen's PEs would do for me
smile.gif

own signature shoe.

gotta think bout the quality mane. just thinkin bout if they released some 4s in "my" colorway, got my toes hurting so they can keep that.

own signature shoe.

gotta think bout the quality mane. just thinkin bout if they released some 4s in "my" colorway, got my toes hurting so they can keep that.

a p.e. will not be my sig shoe.
but my sig shoe can and will be my p.e.

this seems pretty cut and dry to me.

a p.e. will not be my sig shoe.
but my sig shoe can and will be my p.e.

this seems pretty cut and dry to me.

PE. So much can go wrong with signatures, especially if you cant get a real opinion in on your shoe, it could be a disaster

PE. So much can go wrong with signatures, especially if you cant get a real opinion in on your shoe, it could be a disaster

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Originally Posted by jonas c8891

Let's stick to Jordan Brand for a minute. 

If it's retro's and PE's, you're pretty much living in the shadow.  You're wearing a shoe that has already been "established".  You're also being told what to wear.  I'm sure most of these guys don't want to wear what they're given, but it's a business and there's no privilege, unless you're Michael Jordan

If it's a signature shoe, you're bold enough to create from your own style and taste and there's people who follow and buy into it and there's some that don't.  If they're an instant sellout then you'd feel good about your design input.  It's also a gamble on what kind of designer Jordan team assigns you with.  Most of the stuff are Melo and CP3 designed by new grads and rookies- nothing like an Eric Avar, Ken Link, Jason Petrie or Tinker Hatfield. 

It's a toss up, and it varies between people and their personalities. 
So Ray Allen is living in the shadow?
You don't know what you're saying. Please sit down and be quiet. 

Hey Mr. Funny man,

Ray Allen's PE's would consist of Air Jordan's II, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, XI, XII, XIII, XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XVIII, XIX, XX, XX1, XX2, XX3 and various different Jumpman/ Team Jordan's. 

Please refer to this:
http://search.store.yahoo...er.com%2Fair-jordan.html

All of which were designed, worn and made infamous by Michael Jordan.  Ray Allen's PE's are nice but the models itself is not unique to him, but that the colors match his team uniform, hence his "PLAYER EXCLUSIVES". 

Ray Allen was never involved in the design in the aforementioned list of Air Jordan's.  Similarily, athletes who wear but aren't paid to endorse Kobe's and Lebron's nowadays, also live under their shadow.  Beacause the likes of Nick Young, JR Smith, DeMar DeRozan are wearing a shoe that Kobe designed, so explain to me how where you're coming from?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Originally Posted by jonas c8891

Let's stick to Jordan Brand for a minute. 

If it's retro's and PE's, you're pretty much living in the shadow.  You're wearing a shoe that has already been "established".  You're also being told what to wear.  I'm sure most of these guys don't want to wear what they're given, but it's a business and there's no privilege, unless you're Michael Jordan

If it's a signature shoe, you're bold enough to create from your own style and taste and there's people who follow and buy into it and there's some that don't.  If they're an instant sellout then you'd feel good about your design input.  It's also a gamble on what kind of designer Jordan team assigns you with.  Most of the stuff are Melo and CP3 designed by new grads and rookies- nothing like an Eric Avar, Ken Link, Jason Petrie or Tinker Hatfield. 

It's a toss up, and it varies between people and their personalities. 
So Ray Allen is living in the shadow?
You don't know what you're saying. Please sit down and be quiet. 

Hey Mr. Funny man,

Ray Allen's PE's would consist of Air Jordan's II, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, XI, XII, XIII, XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XVIII, XIX, XX, XX1, XX2, XX3 and various different Jumpman/ Team Jordan's. 

Please refer to this:
http://search.store.yahoo...er.com%2Fair-jordan.html

All of which were designed, worn and made infamous by Michael Jordan.  Ray Allen's PE's are nice but the models itself is not unique to him, but that the colors match his team uniform, hence his "PLAYER EXCLUSIVES". 

Ray Allen was never involved in the design in the aforementioned list of Air Jordan's.  Similarily, athletes who wear but aren't paid to endorse Kobe's and Lebron's nowadays, also live under their shadow.  Beacause the likes of Nick Young, JR Smith, DeMar DeRozan are wearing a shoe that Kobe designed, so explain to me how where you're coming from?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Relax Dhali lama. lol I never said his P.E.'s weren't retro J's or TJ's. My point is that Allen didn't go through his career living in the shadow of MJ. A pair of shoes doesn't define a person or their game. As a matter of fact, MJ's career alone wasn't even defined by what shoes he was wearing. He could've played barefoot and still schooled them fools. The whole shoe thing was a marketing technique created by a company in order to take your money. They saw an opportunity and they took it. They saw more opportunities (your favorite players) and are still taking that money. It all comes down to business. Bottom line is, wearing a pair of shoes with someone else's name doesn't define you. If you're really a good player, you will HELP define that brand even more. If you're not, then you're just like the rest of us, regular consumers.

Relax Dhali lama. lol I never said his P.E.'s weren't retro J's or TJ's. My point is that Allen didn't go through his career living in the shadow of MJ. A pair of shoes doesn't define a person or their game. As a matter of fact, MJ's career alone wasn't even defined by what shoes he was wearing. He could've played barefoot and still schooled them fools. The whole shoe thing was a marketing technique created by a company in order to take your money. They saw an opportunity and they took it. They saw more opportunities (your favorite players) and are still taking that money. It all comes down to business. Bottom line is, wearing a pair of shoes with someone else's name doesn't define you. If you're really a good player, you will HELP define that brand even more. If you're not, then you're just like the rest of us, regular consumers.

Derek Anderson, Mike Bibby and Ray Allen PE is always giving us dope colorway.
I want a own signature shoes from Nike Basketball or Jordan Brand

Derek Anderson, Mike Bibby and Ray Allen PE is always giving us dope colorway.
I want a own signature shoes from Nike Basketball or Jordan Brand

IDK man, I see people like Kobe and Lebron who have sick shoe lines BUT I also see dudes like Ray Allen and Mike Bibby getting PE Jordans and
its hard to decide.........

Then again, I would want my own Sig shoe (WITH NIKE) and build my own legacy
So until I would get that, i'd be like Gilbert Arenas and rock my favorite kicks

Back
Top Bottom