im to old to wear a snapback i feel

I bought a new one recently 8) not trying to sound like that dude, but I was wearing them around 06-07 & got clowned for it :wow: now the world of urban youth revolves around them it's a shame :smh:

I bought a new one recently
glasses.gif
not trying to sound like that dude, but I was wearing them around 06-07 & got clowned for it
embarassed.gif
now the world of urban youth revolves around them it's a shame
mean.gif
That's how it goes man.

"clothing lines struggles til the poppin ***** on it tho/who on it first, usually gets laughed at and sassed" - wale

My dad wore snapbacks his whole life. I always thought us younger cats wore fitteds and ogs wore snaps, but now it changed. Snapbacks n tattoos = yambs

Last edited:
http://www2.neweracap.com/category/14/About_New_Era/page/119/HISTORY.aspx

naw b, i believe you're da one that's mistaken with all due respect, MLB didn't grant exclusive rights to new era for all da teams till 1993.

before that new era was like Nike back in da NBA jersey era, they had da rights for some but not all teams, that's why jerseys and apparel looked so different from each other

cuz there was no uniform standard on anything.

of course if you run a specialty store you probably had da inside track on how to order new eras, but da masssss majority of retailers were ignorant of da fact i remember

back then da only place to get official new era hats around my way was at da shop that sold baseball equipment to lil league teams.
Just because MLB was granted exclusive rights in '93 doesn't mean that fitteds weren't in heavy circulation until the mid-90's. In that link that you provided you will notice in the 80's time line that these hates were already made available to the public. It specifically reaffirms what I said that 1986 debut the Diamond Collection. New Era had 23 of the 26 ball clubs license throughout the 80's. Trust me Ninja, I am not sure how old you are, but these fitted hats weren't designated to specialty stores or back channel ordering. You could walk into any Sports store in a mall in the mid-80's and purchase a New Era Diamond Collection hat.

Didnt think hats were that much of a serious issue.

A hat is a hat to me regardless of what type it is.

cool thing to hate on them? but yea ppl overplayed that ****, beat it to a bloody pulp :rolleyes

Last edited:
Snapbacks are for all age groups, as a matter of fact in the 90s you had the NFL coaches wearing snapbacks. Snapbacks also was so in style back in the days. That if you look back at the NBA's draft history from the late 80s & 90s, the official NBA Draft cap that they received was actually a snapback hat made by Sports Specialties: Scottie Pippen, Reggie Miller, Shaquille Oneal, Jason Kidd, Grant Hill, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Ray Allen etc. You even had numerous of ad's in the 90s with the best athletes modeling snapbacks for companies like Sports Specialties & Logo Athletic professional athletes like Ken Griffey Jr., Penny Hardaway, Scottie Pippen, Eddie Jones, Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, John Elway etc. you had TV commercials and also rappers rocked snapbacks like Tupac Shakur in the movie ''Poetic Justice''. Yep, that's right remember the Chicago White Sox hat that he wore in the movie that was a snapback. Will Smith also wore snapbacks. Rakim also wore snapbacks, Flavor Flav, EazyE, Ice T etc. R&B artists and even alot of Hollywood actors had snapbacks back in the days... I personally like both Snapbacks & Fitteds. The vintage snapbacks from the late 80s & 90s have some really clean designs to them, you had designs like the Script, Splash, Sharktooth, Earthquake, Wave etc. and I know Mitchell & Ness brought back some of these designs, but Logo Athletic, Sports Specialties, Starter, The Game and other companies are the actual OG's of all these awesome designs. So with all that said, I won't let these new kids who are wearing snapbacks now, stop me from wanting to wear a snapback because snapbacks have been here way back before these kids existence. They just took something from the past and resurrected it that's all they did, but in reality it belongs to the Old School heads like myself. Although, personally I don't really care if they want to rock some snapbacks as long as they respect the ones who did it way before them and know the actual history(FACTS) behind all this and not act like its something new and of their generation, when its clearly not, peace out!

C Flyness ''The UnorthodoxWOLFF''
{Passion over hype!}

Vintage pic of Pablo Escobar rocking a Boston Celtics corduroy snapback hat

Gravedig.

Snapback to the back for me tho since I have the curly fro. Don't wanna be out here looking like Pedro Martinez with the fitted.

Snapbacks are for all age groups, as a matter of fact in the 90s you had the NFL coaches wearing snapbacks. Snapbacks also was so in style back in the days. That if you look back at the NBA's draft history from the late 80s & 90s, the official NBA Draft cap that they received was actually a snapback hat made by Sports Specialties: Scottie Pippen, Reggie Miller, Shaquille Oneal, Jason Kidd, Grant Hill, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Ray Allen etc. You even had numerous of ad's in the 90s with the best athletes modeling snapbacks for companies like Sports Specialties & Logo Athletic professional athletes like Ken Griffey Jr., Penny Hardaway, Scottie Pippen, Eddie Jones, Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, John Elway etc. you had TV commercials and also rappers rocked snapbacks like Tupac Shakur in the movie ''Poetic Justice''. Yep, that's right remember the Chicago White Sox hat that he wore in the movie that was a snapback. Will Smith also wore snapbacks. Rakim also wore snapbacks, Flavor Flav, EazyE, Ice T etc. R&B artists and even alot of Hollywood actors had snapbacks back in the days... I personally like both Snapbacks & Fitteds. The vintage snapbacks from the late 80s & 90s have some really clean designs to them, you had designs like the Script, Splash, Sharktooth, Earthquake, Wave etc. and I know Mitchell & Ness brought back some of these designs, but Logo Athletic, Sports Specialties, Starter, The Game and other companies are the actual OG's of all these awesome designs. So with all that said, I won't let these new kids who are wearing snapbacks now, stop me from wanting to wear a snapback because snapbacks have been here way back before these kids existence. They just took something from the past and resurrected it that's all they did, but in reality it belongs to the Old School heads like myself. Although, personally I don't really care if they want to rock some snapbacks as long as they respect the ones who did it way before them and know the actual history(FACTS) behind all this and not act like its something new and of their generation, when its clearly not, peace out!

C Flyness ''The UnorthodoxWOLFF''

{Passion over hype!}

Vintage pic of Pablo Escobar rocking a Boston Celtics corduroy snapback hat

:rofl: :rofl:

What made u choose today to bring this thread back b

I remember my cousin came back to the U.S. from Italy and spent over $200 on snapbacks...I really didn't understand. lol

I'm 42 and I'm still wearing snap backs and I like to camp out for Supreme. Wear what you want bruh in my 20s and 30s I wore em too.

Now me and my son who is 19 fresh when we go to the mall :pimp:

I'm 42 and I'm still wearing snap backs and I like to camp out for Supreme. Wear what you want bruh in my 20s and 30s I wore em too.

Now me and my son who is 19 fresh when we go to the mall :pimp:

Got dam i didnt know you were that old. I bet your son be on here talkin **** to you and you dont even know.

Last edited:
Got dam i didnt know you were that old. I bet your son be on here talkin **** to you and you dont even know.

:lol: nah I was playing I ain't even close to 42 my dude. Id think about smacking my own dad if he tried to pull up like a teenager.

If I had a son he def would be on here running his mouth to me :lol:

Back
Top Bottom