In NYC, what are some good neighborhoods outside of Manhattan?

Originally Posted by dashoekid21

BAMFA wrote:

dashoekid21 wrote:

is there any studios that are 500+ in a good area like tribeca or lower eastside or somewhere near city tech? im planning to move to go to school and aneeda good spot to stay also.im 21/single too but i prefer the sexy dominican women.

roll.gif

I needed a good laugh today
whats so funny

In Tribeca, $500 will get you a closet. In the LES, $500 will get you a slightly bigger but completely run down closet. In fact, $500 isn't enough to split a 4 bedroom in a cheaper neighborhood.

Studio in Tribeca - $2k
Studio in outer Queens/BK (right across Manhattan) - $1100-1500
Studio in outer Queens/BK (with Manhattan still accessible by subway) - $900-1300

Utils and Unlimited Metrocard is another $200-250 a month.

If you want to save money, find a roommate via Craigslist.

BAMFA wrote:

dashoekid21 wrote:

is there any studios that are 500+ in a good area like tribeca or lower eastside or somewhere near city tech? im planning to move to go to school and aneeda good spot to stay also.im 21/single too but i prefer the sexy dominican women.

roll.gif

whats so funny

In Tribeca, $500 will get you a closet. In the LES, $500 will get you a slightly bigger but completely run down closet. In fact, $500 isn't enough to split a 4 bedroom in a cheaper neighborhood.

Studio in Tribeca - $2k
Studio in outer Queens/BK (with Manhattan still accessible by subway) - $900-1300

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

BAMFA wrote:

dashoekid21 wrote:

roll.gif

whats so funny

Studio in Tribeca - $2k

what about wash. heights??...
anybody tryna be my roomate,no %%%@

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

BAMFA wrote:

dashoekid21 wrote:

roll.gif

whats so funny

Studio in Tribeca - $2k

what about wash. heights??...
anybody tryna be my roomate,no %%%@

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

I live in Astoria currently. It's cool, but not a lot of cool bars/ pubs. I'm looking to make a move to BK soon. Around the $1000 price range too. Keep this info coming.

Also, where are yall finding these prices?? I've been lookin for places around the $1000 area, and it's usually the bottom of the barrel. Any help on sites...besides Craigslist.

What part of Astoria are you in?

OP there are some pretty nice places around  Astoria, I have been living here my entire life and think it's the best place outside of Manhattan. Everything is in walking distance. I am 2 streets away from steinway so I have everything near me. The gym is like across the street (nysc and planet fitness), movie theater real close, beer garden, lots of pubs, cafes, restaurants, 5-7 grocery store, shopping area, fast food joints and it only takes 10 mins to get to midtown on N Q or R train. Summer is always popping got lambos, Ferrari, bentleys on the block and women(if you like greek, italian, hispanic women) with damn near nothing on. Trust me it's a great place to live if you are young and can't afford Manhattan. Rent will be around 1200 for a 1br or a studio.

I live in Astoria currently. It's cool, but not a lot of cool bars/ pubs. I'm looking to make a move to BK soon. Around the $1000 price range too. Keep this info coming.

Also, where are yall finding these prices?? I've been lookin for places around the $1000 area, and it's usually the bottom of the barrel. Any help on sites...besides Craigslist.

OP there are some pretty nice places around  Astoria, I have been living here my entire life and think it's the best place outside of Manhattan. Everything is in walking distance. I am 2 streets away from steinway so I have everything near me. The gym is like across the street (nysc and planet fitness), movie theater real close, beer garden, lots of pubs, cafes, restaurants, 5-7 grocery store, shopping area, fast food joints and it only takes 10 mins to get to midtown on N Q or R train. Summer is always popping got lambos, Ferrari, bentleys on the block and women(if you like greek, italian, hispanic women) with damn near nothing on. Trust me it's a great place to live if you are young and can't afford Manhattan. Rent will be around 1200 for a 1br or a studio.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

word, I grew up in Astoria and I still find it a great place.  Close to the city, very diverse, nowadays it's really poppin over there.  There has been an influx of dickheads in the area and yuppies but still a decent area.

word, I grew up in Astoria and I still find it a great place.  Close to the city, very diverse, nowadays it's really poppin over there.  There has been an influx of dickheads in the area and yuppies but still a decent area.

Def find roommates... I live in Harlem right now, 3 bedroom apartment with 2 roommates and we pay $1650.  Renovated building, laundry, video intercom, brand new appliances.. we're 3 blocks from the express train so getting downtown takes like 15-20 minutes. 

Def find roommates... I live in Harlem right now, 3 bedroom apartment with 2 roommates and we pay $1650.  Renovated building, laundry, video intercom, brand new appliances.. we're 3 blocks from the express train so getting downtown takes like 15-20 minutes. 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by BAMFA

roll.gif

whats so funny

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But seriously...
roll.gif

Plan on spending at least 1200 a month for a 1BR/Studio in Astoria. It's your best bet and it'll feel like you're in the shadow of the city. I don't know astoria prices now but it must be around 13-1500 a month to get an apartment near steinway. I used to live off broadway/steinway and it was awesome. Quiet neighborhood unless you're the type to cross the street whenever a minority is approaching.

and the wimmenz
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by BAMFA

roll.gif

whats so funny

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But seriously...
roll.gif

Plan on spending at least 1200 a month for a 1BR/Studio in Astoria. It's your best bet and it'll feel like you're in the shadow of the city. I don't know astoria prices now but it must be around 13-1500 a month to get an apartment near steinway. I used to live off broadway/steinway and it was awesome. Quiet neighborhood unless you're the type to cross the street whenever a minority is approaching.

and the wimmenz
pimp.gif

i will actually probably end up finding a place and getting roommates. obviously, it would be nice to have my own place to decorate everything how i want, but once you switch from a 1 BR to a 2 BR, your options really start to open up price-wise.

i will actually probably end up finding a place and getting roommates. obviously, it would be nice to have my own place to decorate everything how i want, but once you switch from a 1 BR to a 2 BR, your options really start to open up price-wise.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Really?  Astoria has some really dope places....how long u been living there? 
Since late July.

Do you have any reccomendations? I also need a
pimp.gif
connect too.

PM me please sir. You in Astoria?

Since late July.

pimp.gif
connect too.

I'm at 46th and Broadway. 5 block walk from Stienway.

Mini Astoria NT summit??

I'm also looking for a roommate if anyone is interested...

*edit. Reading some of yall's support of Astoria kinda makes me wanna stick around.

I'm at 46th and Broadway. 5 block walk from Stienway.

Mini Astoria NT summit??

I'm also looking for a roommate if anyone is interested...

*edit. Reading some of yall's support of Astoria kinda makes me wanna stick around.

Since late July.

pimp.gif
connect too.

If you need a connect for
pimp.gif
just pm me your number and I got you. Grew up with a lot people in that side of the business.

Since late July.

pimp.gif
connect too.

If you need a connect for
pimp.gif
just pm me your number and I got you. Grew up with a lot people in that side of the business.

^ what makes you say that?

And seriously. If anyone is looking for a roommate...I am too.

All the people I've met on NT thus far have been pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom