In regards to the Whole eminem destroying drakes albums sales cus he's white

Originally Posted by awwsome

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

Eminem sells because he is the GOAT

The "GOAT" is actually in your avy.

Anybody denying the reason for Em selling so many records being his race is either in denial or an idiot.

I can name 10-15 rappers better than him that haven't sold near as much.

If it's because he's so great than why haven't

Common
Mos Def
Elzhi
Royce
Black Thought
Cee-Lo
Clipse
OutKast

Who all are just as good if not better than him and all make far better music, not moved millions upon millions of units?

Because NO ONE was better then him from 99 - 03.
He made a impact too big (Musically + Commercially) to be forgotten which is why people still buy his albums.

Anybody denying the reason for Em selling so many records being his race is either in denial or an idiot.

Common
Mos Def
Elzhi
Royce
Black Thought
Cee-Lo
Clipse
OutKast

Who all are just as good if not better than him and all make far better music, not moved millions upon millions of units?

Because NO ONE was better then him from 99 - 03.
He made a impact too big (Musically + Commercially) to be forgotten which is why people still buy his albums.

Common
Mos Def
Elzhi
Royce
Black Thought
Cee-Lo
Clipse
OutKast

Outkast are successful in their own right. The clipse are great but they're somewhat one dimensional. The reason why eminem sells a lot is because he appeals to a wide range of audiences. Black Thought is ok but he shouldnt be mentioned in the same discussion as em. Cee-Lo was successful in his own right with gnarls barkley

Cliff notes...these rappers have their "niche". Let's be real the reason why these rappers don't sell has nothing to do with white people. A lot of people who listen to/buy "real" and "conscious" hip hop like mos def, talib kweli, the roots and common are actually white.

Eminem is talented + transcend race, culture, gender, musical taste etc

Common
Mos Def
Elzhi
Royce
Black Thought
Cee-Lo
Clipse
OutKast

Outkast are successful in their own right. The clipse are great but they're somewhat one dimensional. The reason why eminem sells a lot is because he appeals to a wide range of audiences. Black Thought is ok but he shouldnt be mentioned in the same discussion as em. Cee-Lo was successful in his own right with gnarls barkley

Cliff notes...these rappers have their "niche". Let's be real the reason why these rappers don't sell has nothing to do with white people. A lot of people who listen to/buy "real" and "conscious" hip hop like mos def, talib kweli, the roots and common are actually white.

What's with this transcend race argument??... EVERY rapper transcends race... Its a black artform that's sales are dominated by white listeners...

What's with this transcend race argument??... EVERY rapper transcends race... Its a black artform that's sales are dominated by white listeners...

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Eminem appeals to a very diverse demographic of hip hop fans. Young, old, white, black, asian, hispanic, male and female, hardcore and casual hip hop fans. This and his undeniably superior lyrical talent are the reason why he sells.

Exactly...

Eminem appeals to a very diverse demographic of hip hop fans. Young, old, white, black, asian, hispanic, male and female, hardcore and casual hip hop fans. This and his undeniably superior lyrical talent are the reason why he sells.

Exactly...

Dont know why yall argue this *#%@ when Em said he sells more because he's white himself.

Dont know why yall argue this *#%@ when Em said he sells more because he's white himself.

Common
Mos Def
Elzhi
Royce
Black Thought
Cee-Lo
Clipse
OutKast

Real talk, I'm white and I prefer them to guys like Drake, Wayne, Gucci etc.

Common
Mos Def
Elzhi
Royce
Black Thought
Cee-Lo
Clipse
OutKast

Real talk, I'm white and I prefer them to guys like Drake, Wayne, Gucci etc.

I wouldn't doubt that more people OWN Drake's album, but Em's wider appeal translates to more fans that actually BUY albums. I also think EM's group did a way better job of keeping leaks to a minimum and keeping his best stuff for the ablum. Drake on the other hand dropped his most recognizable stuff way before his album came out and then they weren't even on the album.

I wouldn't doubt that more people OWN Drake's album, but Em's wider appeal translates to more fans that actually BUY albums. I also think EM's group did a way better job of keeping leaks to a minimum and keeping his best stuff for the ablum. Drake on the other hand dropped his most recognizable stuff way before his album came out and then they weren't even on the album.

Eminems good no one can argue with that. And if you ask me Recovery is a much better album then Thank me later and I'm a huge Drake fan.

Eminems good no one can argue with that. And if you ask me Recovery is a much better album then Thank me later and I'm a huge Drake fan.

Back
Top Bottom