INSTYLESHOES = FRAUD or just EXTREMELY SLEAZY??!!

:rofl:
roll.gif
@ the lawyers arguing

Quote:
So his cars, houses and whatever else can be taken.

Not if he paid for them with a credit card. To my knowledge He does still have the option to keep making the payments and keep his stuff. Doesn't he?

Straight Grimey.

I'm BATMAN, ***!

Please spare us all on the arguing of lawyer issues over this thread. PLEASE
"I use to hustle for Jordan kicks, now I do it for a brick ...." - Cormega

**** WANTED: Just about any SB Low in a size 6 or 6.5 ****

i can't believe i didn't think of the idea to sell shoes on consignment and keep all the promised profits from their rightful hands ... using that fraud money to further my other agendas (i.e. piracy ... pimping ... global terrorism ... daily jamba juice purchases) ... until said agendas made enough profit to "support themselves" ... so then i could move the profits from my other agendas towards paying back the mulitple "loans" i recieved from consignment.

in reality ... wow.

instyleshoes.

bad business is one thing ... but i'm amazed that such a "bad business" itself has been able to do this for so long ...

when i sell crack on consignment ... best believe as weezie f. baby said ... "pick your high, i will supply ... and correct change is what's up." ...

correct change steve.

correct change.

HIPHARDHOPCORE

Not sure what the chances are with this are though, but;

If someone could get ahold of the financial statements of Instyle Shoes you'd get a lot better idea of where the money was actually going to, just my two cents.

Quote:
actually, I quite enjoyed it.
me too.... tamcnab and jordanscollector, keep it up.

oh yeah, lawyers :rolleyes
eyes.gif

Some of y'all be doubting me
But I can do this in my sleep​

this is a very fun thread :lol:
laugh.gif

but sorry man hope it all works out and you get a bigger profit..

sneakers are not just shoes. they're a kind of art. so, what shoes should i wear next to break necks?

joegalvan: how do you post a picture on a message board 90% populated with adolescant males ... and honestly expect maturity and respect?
Well put joe, well put...

0]
alien.gif
0]
alien.gif
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
You know what is really sleazy?
How steve and retrokid have had access to all of the chamber of fear lebron af1s? Look on ISS and they have been selling lots of them for ridiculous $$$$. Retrokid and Steve are super geeks who are so full of themselves and full of s---t!!!!!
Thanks Nike for letting these scandolous individuals have access to some of the nicest af1s of the year. Why not just let your reputable stores have the shoes as oppossed to these fools so they can stroke their egos even further.
Who cares about the events they put on? I got alot of better things to do than to have to go to their events to get Nike sneakers. If they are so down with the sneaker community then why are charging so much $$$$$$$$$ for sneaks?
I thought I'd add my 2 cents because I still haven't copped any chamber of fears. Just knowing that they were allocated these shoes instead of the normal QS stores in most areas pisses me off something fierce! 0]
alien.gif

thats y we people on NT hate ISS.

sneakers are not just shoes. they're a kind of art. so, what shoes should i wear next to break necks?

joegalvan: how do you post a picture on a message board 90% populated with adolescant males ... and honestly expect maturity and respect?
Well put joe, well put...

Umm, don't know how jordanscollectors "sonned" me, but anyways. I doubt that he went to a top five law school, as any one whom I have met that went to such a school would not make incorrect legal statements such as he did. I do not need to qualify my credentials and I would never look to him for a job. I could pull out the little nickle and get the same job he has as a paralegal (because in my opinion, based on his statements, that is what he is. A paralegal is a certification you can get from a community college). My point was clear, he never responded to my statements about bankruptcy, etc (if anyone bothers to go back you will see that homedude, who supposedly has practiced bigtime in NYC for 15 years never actually replied to my direct statements). So who really got "sonned" ? However, it would be pointless to continue to respond, since it is a no win situation.

Quote:
to be honest, i dont know what to think of this entire situation. I agree that ISS should never have made the mistake in the first place....but what happens if it really was a mistake? Does that make everything okay? Of course not but you guys gotta understand is that a lot of things happen in this world, and not all of them are meant to be. Sometimes things really just do happen.
It's obviously true that mistakes always happen, even in the business world, and there are consequences that aren't always deserved. But in this situation, it seems like the "mistakes" are very questionable business methods, and if we're going by the excuses given in Steve's statement, those mistakes could have easily been avoided if he had done things the right way.

It's more of a sleazy situation, as I expect all of the cosignees to recieve their owed money back without legal action, sooner or later. Of course, every one of these cosignees was comfortable with the situation, so there's no reason why you should be telling them what they should have done instead. Despite the inevitable complaints or similar topics that have probably popped up over the years, ISS is still generally popular, trusted, and respected. There's a reason why it's so well known and visited so often. It's similar to eBay sellers, if you will. There's the wholesale-type dealers with 20,000 positive reviews and there's a new account with 40 reviews. Everybody trusts the seller with 20,000 reviews and often times don't even ask for proof or extra pictures of the shoes, even if there's only one profile shot. Most people identify that seller as a professional and trust him. ISS is established in a similar way.

Finally, please don't make any more posts complaining about the outrageously high prices. Look at the structure of their business. ISS takes a cut, and the cosignee (where the shoes came from) takes a cut. Of course the prices are going to be high, and they're going to stay high because people are overhyped and overeager to buy every rare Jordan, which is just about everything coming from the brand. It's easy to understand the rape prices from a business run like this more than it is to understand the rape prices from a business who bought or ordered the shoes themselves.

Quote:
lets send this to those punks on ISS and see what they have to say

lets go nike talk..........LET THE WAR BEGIN AGAIST ISS NOW

OK SERGEANT! hahaha don't you sound really cool

Quote:
ohh my... the biggest e-war!!!
niketalk vs. instyleshoes
This isn't about NikeTalk vs. instyleshoes, this is instyleshoes vs. human decency.

The reason this post unfortunately has to exist on NikeTalk is self-evident. It gets swept under the rug at I$$. NOTHING happened until this was posted here. For months and months, Steve and his staff were content to just sit on this problem and ignore the pleas of these consignment sellers.

As such, let's correct one of the lies being passed around here:

"This was a mistake"/"This was a system error."

Maybe it was a mistake 6 months ago. Since that time, Steve and his staff have allegedly been contacted literally dozens of times by sellers like GTR. In GTR's case, they stopped responding altogether after awhile.

In other words, they KNEW what they'd done and they STILL didn't pay.

Why not? Well, that bounced check indicates that perhaps they couldn't AFFORD to pay.

Funny thing, that. One would assume that I$$ operates at a profit. Otherwise, it's hard to imagine that they'd still be in business. Obviously it's not run for the love of sneakers or sneaker fans. So if I$$ is profitable, why can't they afford to pay out money that's JUST come in from the sale of sneakers that I$$ doesn't even OWN? Well, obviously they SPENT that money. If I$$ runs at a profit, what are they spending it on that operates at a LOSS? I'll leave you to connect the dots on that one.

Supposedly NOW that $ can support itself, the two 'companies' have been legally separated.

Maybe they have all of those consignment dollars to thank for helping $ get through all those lean months. Problem is, you don't use someone else's money as a no interest loan.

The 5% fee reduction is a slap in the face. Not only does it insult the intelligence of the consignment sellers victimized by I$$, but it's an insult to our collective intelligence as well - since the move was clearly intended to smooth over I$$' ailing reputation.

Too little, too late.

Steve's developing quite the reputation for selfish, sleazy business practices. It's a shame that a few true sneaker fans have been taken in by all those empty promises.

Using consignment sellers' funds as an unauthorized loan, discouraging our own members from helping keep NT ad free by donating to our chest, taking credit for another man's article and refusing to so much as print a correction, publishing stories under false names... the list goes on.

ONCE is a mistake, Steve. This is a pattern.

A one week delay in payment is a mistake. Spending money that doesn't belong to you and refusing to repay it for over five months is a crime.

Quote:
Retrokid and Steve are super geeks who are so full of themselves and full of s---t!!!!!

Partially edited profanity is against NikeTalk rules and I certainly don't appreciate the attack against Retrokid.

Retrokid, aka Jumpmanst has been a NikeTalk staff member for far longer than he's been affiliated with $ and he's been a friend to the sneaker community for far longer than that.

He's chosen to associate himself with Steve, yes. He's chosen to turn a blind eye to some of Steve's unscrupulous practices. That said, he is NOT responsible for this situation and he does NOT deserve that type of treatment. It's not his fault that the I$$ consignment service was criminally mismanaged.

To take this out on Retrokid in ANY way is to simply ignore all of the facts involved. He's an honest individual and has NOTHING to do with this I$$ consignment hustle, so I'd appreciate it if you kept his name out of this.

Quote:
Maybe it was a mistake 6 months ago. Since that time, Steve and his staff have allegedly been contacted literally dozens of times by sellers like GTR. In GTR's case, they stopped responding altogether after awhile.

You gotta be kidding me...

Restoring order to the Shoe
Game
FAKEPOLICE.com
Expect the Unexpected​

Meth,

Quote:
discouraging our own members from helping keep NT ad free by donating to our chest

For those of us that missed this, when/how/why did ^^ that happen? Please elaborate?

As far as RK is concerned, in the past, whenever SC gets attacked, RK is almost always there to defend it and he does it from the our point of view - as a sneaker fiend. That's how we could relate to him much more than say Steve - who is really doing everything just for the $ from day 1. Unfortunately, it's sad that RK can't respond to all of these charges... if not to defend ISS, at least help contact Steve to help a fellow shoe collector resolve this situation. He could've done it as a NT Admin, as a fellow consumer who has been frauded himself in the past, or as a business partner who can get to Steve's ear. Of course, he is not affiliate w/ ISS, but rather SC... so he's not to blame, but I'm just disappointed by the lack of compassion from someone that is so respected.

Back
Top Bottom