INSTYLESHOES = FRAUD or just EXTREMELY SLEAZY??!!

Quote:
Spending money that doesn't belong to you and refusing to repay it for over five months is a crime.

TRUE .... I hope the people who are victims of this are honestly trying to take action. Me personally, it would of already been brought to them, HARD!

And that 5% "bonus" IS A JOKE! UNBELIEVABLE! |I
tired.gif

"I use to hustle for Jordan kicks, now I do it for a brick ...." - Cormega

**** WANTED: Just about any SB Low in a size 6 or 6.5 ****

You would expect a company such as ISS to be more professional in dealing with its customers, and more organized, but its a shame that its difficult to trust anybody nowadays, which is why I prefer doing all of my dealings on my own terms, with my own regular clientele that comes back to me.

[/b]CLICK HERE
[/b]CLICK HERE

^Very true.You don't have to be a big company or even have a big collection to sell your own shoes yourself.You just gotta know what you are doing.Why give somebody else your money when you can sell for a little less and still give the buyer a good price and have the cash right in your hands.For me face to face sales is the way to go.
NYC SALE ONLY AIR JORDAN RETRO 1 PATENT LEATHER DEADSTOCK SIZE 8.5 White/Black/Varsity Red Price $130.00 E-mail me at [email protected]

man i have been overlooking that this was a sticky and i clicked and all this stuff bout iss and nt i just read the end response by meth and just for me iss was and has been not helpful at all....they dont even seem to promote the shoe game i didnt know they were scamming people wow that an all time low :stoneface:
indifferent.gif
but if there is a crime being commited and moneys in the middle you better believe someones gonna get got .....
Im looking for DEADSTOCK pair of AIR JORDAN X ICE BLUE in a size 9

thank you meth for addressing RK, he has nothing to do with this....

aim-Kixslf mike

lifted
NT...where haters run rampent

" I haven't been around here in a long time, what was the Retired Jordans saga?"

In short, he was exposed to be an ebay fraud and thief, stoned, and banned from NT. His rep took a big hit.

The last time I saw a post criticising ISS was in Retro a couple of years back and Steve was on the board within hours threatening inviduals with writs/legal action over their comments about pricing and business practises..

The silence this time is deafening....
Do you need Euro or JD Sports exclusives at retail?

Retired Jordans was a fraud?!?! Can some one please give me more info on this saga....maybe I was away from NT for a bit and missed this....

How was he discovered as a fraud?

[/url]

It looks like I need to respond to this post because there is so much miss-information as well as flat out lies. The main reason I havent posted anything here is because I wanted to make sure I came equipped with accurate facts which took time as I had to get my hands around this situation. In the meantime I was responding to threads on ISS (at least two active threads open) and when I did respond here I wanted to make sure I had a clear plan that was already being acted upon which I do and it has. And of course if I came in with just a bunch of words with no previous actions taken then the words are just that words. I cant respond to everyone specifically but Ill lay down my position and you can take it for what it is worth. As most of you know Im personally dedicated to the shoe community and have pushed the envelope in many ways and not all of them are business related.

First of all people need to understand that these unethical admins especially method man has a grudge against me and ISS. The relationship ship probably could have been fixed up a long time ago but neither of us made the effort to do so. Of course I cant make a statement stating these guys are unethical without backing it up and Ill do so at the end of this post. But onto the business at hand.

ISS or Instyleshoes.com Inc is a business that has been around for more than 6 years. Instyleshoes.com averages 10,000 transactions per year and has an excellent business record. If you go to the Better Businesses Bureau you will see that our competitors have a grade of an F where we have a spotless record and the reason for this is because Instyleshoes.com fix the problems that we have. Mistakes will be made and Instyleshoes.com is big enough to do the right thing, even if it wasnt their mistake to begin with. Like if a package is lost by FedEx. It isnt Instyleshoes.coms fault nor is it the customers fault. But Instyleshoes.com pays for the failed transaction and moves on (you might be thinking why not insure the package but then that drives up prices even more). A lot of people probably remember the guy that was sent the wrong pair of shoes two years ago. He ordered the Jordan XII and received the Miner Xs. He sent back the Xs and Instyleshoes.com sent him the Seattle Xs just because he did the right thing and Instyleshoes.com wanted to show their appreciation. Pretty much every week Instyleshoes.com is presented with a situation that they have to step up and make a decision on how to take care of a customer and 99.9% of the time they take the customers side. Instyleshoes.com is a fairly large business in the shoe realm and there is no doubt mistakes will be made again it is the nature of business, mistakes happen and one just has to deal with it.

As for the late payments for the consignment side at Instyleshoes.com it was a mistake plain and simple. I dont need to go into all of the details but I will give you the 10,000 foot view. Instyleshoes.coms cash flow was based on shoes being sold that they owned thus 100% of the sale could be put towards bills and operating costs. About two years ago I created the consignment program within Instyleshoes.com, let it build up steam, and moved on to other projects within other businesses. Over time Instyleshoes.coms consignment program became a larger and larger percentage of sales but these funds were not treated differently than the normal sales coming through the company. The first time I learned the extent of the late payments was a post on ISS referencing this post. I got with Instyleshoes.com to see what was going on and looked through the cash flow statements to find out things were out of synch. I immediately placed my own money into Instyleshoes.com to kick start the payments and the rest of the payments are going to be taken care of extremely soon. Nobody has been forgotten about and this whole situation is being resolved quickly and efficiently. Just because I dont come over here and post doesnt mean there is a blind eye given to the situation.

So how is the consignment program at Instyleshoes.com being fixed? Well there are many items that weve changed over the past few weeks and I have at least four more weeks of tweaking before the program will be ready to roll again. Plus Instyleshoes.coms main consignment employee is out of the office for some time and once she is back the program will be rolling again. Here are some of the changes that have been made: One, the sales from the consignment program will be kept in a separate account so they are not rolled into the main cash flow for Instyleshoes.com this will guard against any future late payments. There will also be less time between the sale and the payment to the seller. The Instyleshoes.com team and I have watched the transaction go through over the past week and are trying to set up a system that gets payments out within two weeks but until we are comfortable with two weeks the rule will probably be three weeks guaranteed. This will take effect once the entire system is live and all other processes are in synch with this- which will take some time.

As for defrauding anyone, please. Instyleshoes.com has been a model company within the shoe community for years and this situation was a mistake but had nothing to do with fraud. It is funny how quickly people forget the close to 100,000 transactions completed through the company and act like the world is coming to the end because of these late payments. As for people stating that this is a fraud situation you are flat out wrong. Just like in any company these payments are payables which are late. Instyleshoes.com has tons of clients and companies who have paid 120+ days late it happens EVERY DAY in the business world. People have the choice to keep with a company that pays late or move onto another company that might pay on time. I have to stress this again late payments do happen but a well run company will not have these problems and Instyleshoes.com has taken action to make sure they dont happen within the consignment program again. Period.

As for Sole Collector Inc. and Instyleshoes.com Inc. they are two separate companies with separate employees, banks, and board of director members. Instyleshoes.com does sell Sole Collector on their site and Sole Collector and Instyleshoes.com both use the same fulfillment center and call center. But funding and profit / loss are 100% separate. And it is not true that the consignment program at Instyleshoes.com funds Sole Collector. The consignment program couldnt fund two weeks of the magazines expenses. Sole Collector Inc. employees many times the number of people at Instyleshoes.com and the cash needs for the two companies are totally different.

There you have it, the mistakes Instyleshoes.com has made within the consignment program and how Instyleshoes.com is correcting them to move forward. As I stated at the beginning I cant respond to each of your comments here as there are just too many. I can respond to comments on ISS as well as anyone who e-mails me directly. Im a pretty easy guy to get a hold of most of the time right now Im working with Sole Collector to finish up the latest issue and am pretty buried so responses might be slow for the next week.

Now onto a different subject and that is the ethics of the people who run this board. The focus of this thread should be the consignment program at Instyleshoes.com but because the admins have gone the extra mile to break so many of their rules to put Instyleshoes.com on blast I thought it is the right place to put their admin team on blast. I know it isnt all of them but all of them can see the mod list and none of them have done anything about it.

Here is what I have to say. The sneaker community has been going through a lot of sticky situations over the past six months and some of the people behind the situations have shocked a lot of people because they were trusted sources. The situation Im going to bring up here may or may not have been dealt with so if it has been talked about then awesome, if not then here is the place to at least start the process.

Niketalk is a very powerful board who governs themselves. They can choose who they want as members of the community and they can choose who runs the board. So the question is who do they give access to? Are they fair? Do they delete posts rather than lock them because they know the backlash will be heavy and if the post is deleted then things just disappear? Of course they delete more posts than people know but that isnt what Im talking about. What Im talking about is the un-even hand which gives access to shoe companies on this board. There are multiple examples of this but Im going to bring only one up and here it is.

Most of the time if you want to see unreleased shoes you come to this board to see them. Niketalk might not always be first but most of the time they are. So can shoe companies come here and edit out pictures and information that has been posted on this board that they dont want to been seen by the community? Yes, some companies have this power but not all companies. The thread Ill bring up here is one were Air Rev edited out pictures of shoes that not supposed to be shown. Now I dont have anything against Air Rev or Puma, it is just the most recent time this has happened. In fact I personally know Air Revs bosses boss and would never say anything to him or anything outside these boards because it is a community problem not a company or personal problem.

Now if I remember correctly there was a big to do when Air Rev was hired by Puma and it was stated clearly that Air Rev cannot be a mod at Niketalk and work for a shoe company at the same time. Well not only does he have mod status but he has it in an undercover way a way that deceives the members of this board because his username does not signify any special mod capabilities. But you can see in this picture (didnt want to post it here as it could break rules with the content). www.instyleshoes.com/imag...airrev.jpg

Again, the reason I bring this up at all is not because Im upset at method man or anyone on this board but because I want to show the members that the people who run this board make mistakes too. In fact all of us make mistakes but it is how we deal with these mistakes which show our core values as people and businesspersons. Instyleshoes.com took a stand on what was the right thing to do with the consignment program and many people have seen checks flying in. Now lets see if Niketalk admins do the right thing or if they just fire back meaningless banter.

One final word as it might be my last word on this board until fundamental changes to the way this board is run. The community is strong and everyday it grows stronger and stronger. Some people take advantage and some people take damaging power trips. One needs to look at the high caliber people who have left this board over the past six months to see that things arent right. The good times are behind NT but that is not to say that this board cant rebound and make a difference. And it doesnt matter if you are part of this board or ISS or any other board on the net it is that you are part of a community. And just so people know what type of community we have at ISS and how it is different in many respects just look at what ISS has done in the past few months. The ISS community has raised over $1,500 for Lance Armstrongs foundation straight up - people just gave from their hearts. ISS has a womens only forum to give the women a chance to chill and talk about shoes it is invite only and hidden so it is a safe beast free zone. ISS also is testing a new Kicks Exchange program where ISS admins become the middle man to cuts out 100% of the fraud within the ISS market place. It is a pay service but it is not a profit center it is for the community run by the community. And, many companies have worked with ISS to donate free shoes and other items to give away on the board because they feel the board is a solid community and run fairly. And just so you know it isnt free to run the board the board sits on dual servers with dual xeon processors just to keep up with the traffic but I felt so strongly that there needed to be an alternative to NT that I funded the ISS board and will continue to do so because people need to be able to hang out at a place that is more even keel. No doubt Ive heard a million times that ISS is too nice compared to NT but you know what that is what Im about and the culture of the board isnt going to change even as it grows. So you can take all of this for what it is worth. ISS is not just a board, it is a true community which is trying to make the shoe community better and when they can, they try to make other lives better like the donations to Lances foundation and other charities- and that is a model community derived directly from ISS two years ago.

Yeah, that was more than one final word but that is what I have to say. I know a ton of posts will follow focusing on a statement here and a statement there but I will not post again in this thread. If you want an answer please contact me directly or post in the ISS Consignment thread. Again, there has been a thread about this on ISS since day one. People think that they were all deleted and that I was dodging the situation nothing could be further from the truth. Ive taken my stand since day one and the only reason I didnt post over here is because I wanted to come in with the full story and day one the beginning of the discovery process and in no way could I present anything to the members of this board accurately. Instyleshoes.com name was probably drug through the mud while waiting for the response but Id rather have accurate facts rather than shooting from the hip. Peace Out _steve

Quote:
One needs to look at the high caliber people who have left this board over the past six months to see that things arent right. The good times are behind NT

so true. preach on brotha!!!

Politcially interesting, as always...

Waiting on Meth's reply before this thread is officially locked and loomed into internet heaven...

Restoring order to the Shoe
Game
FAKEPOLICE.com
Expect the Unexpected​

Anyone have the whole story about Retired_Jordans, I done a few deals with him, I never had any problems, last time I checked he had a perfect feedback record as well(I haven't checked in a yr though, around the same time I did my last deal with him) So what's the whole story, b/c I thought he was a good dude.

Quote:
It is funny how quickly people forget the close to 100,000 transactions completed through the company and act like the world is coming to the end because of these late payments.

So if I live 50 years and never commit a crime but steal from someone when I'm 51, that's OK?

Your company is expected to conduct business ethically.

Reminds me of Chris Rock, you want credit for something you're supposed to do.
....and if I'm going down I swear I'm taking every one of you

it's a no-win situation for everyone at this point, unless everyone and all parties involved move on.
i sincerely hope METHOD MAN and/or any other Mod/Admin locks or deletes this post and tries to sort this stuff out privately. airing out dirty laundry on the internet in public forums is dumb (which is what niketalk has become in the last couple of years), so i hope the ppl who run niketalk set a good example for the rest of the board members here and lay this situation to rest in the public realm.

:smh:
9qaekj.gif

:wow:
eek.gif
@ him blowing Rev's spot though.
.:waits for the longest repsonse in messageboard history from Meth:.
You cot damn right I'm feeling myself/A chauffeur no sir, I'm wheeling myself/Looking for a chick chilling for self/So I can show her the suicides and talk her into killing herself/I'm having problems dealing with wealth/But you wouldn't understand it, until you get a million yourself - F.A.B.O.L.O.U.S

I'm sorry but in all of that rant, Steve still fails to admit that what ISS did IS fraud. His company policies stated payment will be made 6-8 weeks... dude doesn't get it in 5 MONTHS, and gets ignored by all ISS support folks on purpose.

Almost everything Steve claimed that was done in good faith can be attributed to his bottom line.
#1. They dont insure packages because they are cheap. Of course THEY pay for lost packages - because they are suppose to pay for insurance to begin with as the seller. It is always seller responsibility to get the shoes to the buyer. In fact, if they don't use insurance they are really 'insuring' themselves... in that the large # of shipment who DO get there, will offset in the losses that does NOT. This is not any act of good faith by ISS - simply business 101.

#2. In the case of wrong Jordan X sent. They sent the dude the Seattle X as a replacement because they want the Miner's back. Hardly good faith - but rather they were scared a much more rarer shoe would not be returned

#3.That whole thing about Air Rev made no sense whatsoever and completely irrelevant to the discussion. Whether NT or Meth or whoever has any grudge against Steve or not doesn't matter, if you get CAUGHT w/ FRAUD then you deserve the bashing. If you don't want your rep to be dragged through the mud, then stop your sleeazy practices.

Your petty, transparent diversionary ploy only indicts you further, Steve. Instead of sticking to the matter at hand, you seem to think our members possess the same collective attention span as a swarm of gnats.

Youre struggling to explain your business numerous and storied indiscretions, so youve predictably attacked my integrity and the integrity of my fellow staff members. Its a cute jeremiad, but an obvious attempt to shirk responsibility for your actions and shift the focus toward NikeTalk and its staff.

The accounts presented by GTR and others are correct, are they not?
You can swipe at the messenger all you like, but its not going to change the facts at hand.

NikeTalk would NEVER have become the medium for this type of post had you and your staff merely owned up to this incident to begin with. GTR approached the staff as a LAST resort, after FIVE MONTHS of waiting, after your staff stopped even RESPONDING to his requests for assistance. Had this problem been handled properly and professionally, we never would have known about it.

It is absolutely pathetic that I$$ failed to respond to this problem UNTIL it was posted on NikeTalk.

Quote:
As for the late payments for the consignment side at Instyleshoes.com it was a mistake plain and simple.
A one-week delay is a mistake. A five-month delay is not.

You can neither explain away nor discount the duration of this delay.

You claim that 120 day repayments are the norm in business or, at least, the business YOU conduct yet why did GTR and his fellow consignment sellers expect payment within 3-5 weeks instead of 3-5 months? Thats right, its because YOU established that expectation.

YOU are the one who created the terms for the consignment agreement and YOU are the one who set the expectation as to what would define a timely payment. Forget whatever generalities you might consider appropriate for business and, I guarantee you, many legitimate businessmen would disagree with you on that, you defined and DEFIED a set of standards by which you must hold yourself accountable.

You have no one to blame for this scandal but yourself. You created the terms for consignment and you broke those terms in the most egregious fashion imaginable: you not only refused to pay these sellers, but after awhile your staff refused to even RESPOND. Thats the behavior one would attribute to a fraud, period.

You took their money, spent it, and now you deny any wrongdoing. Thats not the type of accountability one would attribute to a reputable business.

Quote:
Just because I dont come over here and post doesnt mean there is a blind eye given to the situation.
No, but refusing to even address the situation for five months IS turning a blind eye toward the situation. Again, how can you explain the strikingly coincidental timing of your response to this issue?

You failed to address the situation until it was posted on NikeTalk. ONLY when it became a PR problem did you FINALLY and begrudgingly begin the process of paying these sellers whats been owed to them for nearly half a year.

Would you care to explain that, or would you rather complain about NikeTalk some more? Thats right, its OUR fault that you refuse to do the right thing unless your conduct has been exposed to public scrutiny.

It is thanks to NikeTalk that these sellers have FINALLY evoked a response from your business.

What do you expect us to believe:

a)&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp You were completely ignorant to this consignment issue until you saw it posted on NIKETALK
b)&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp You knew what was going on, but you didnt respond until you saw it posted in NikeTalk

Clearly, its one of the two.

Choice a) seems to be what youd like us to believe but, if thats true, how sad is it that it takes NIKETALK to clue you in as to whats going on within your own company? Is it that hard to keep pace with BOTH of your employees?

Quote:
Do they delete posts rather than lock them because they know the backlash will be heavy and if the post is deleted then things just disappear?
Steve, you shouldnt be one to talk about deleted posts. If you had any idea of how that carefully assembled staff of 16 year old interns runs things over on the I$$ board, I would hope youd have the sense to rescind such a comically hypocritical charge.

If youre referring to the mysterious deletion of $ promotional posts, perhaps I should refer you to your own forums rules:

Spamming
No spamming, no commercial-oriented posts, and no flooding the forum with useless content.

Oddly enough, this is one of few rules that WERENT directly plagiarized from our rules page.

How can you grouse about the removal of a post that would be against your own forums rules?

Quote:
Now if I remember correctly there was a big to do when Air Rev was hired by Puma and it was stated clearly that Air Rev cannot be a mod at Niketalk and work for a shoe company at the same time.
Apparently, your memory is a little groggy. Air Rev voluntarily stepped down as a moderator after gaining his position within Puma. He considered it a conflict of interests and, obviously, his responsibilities with Puma and hectic travel schedule were simply incompatible with the constant demands of moderating NikeTalk.

Our staff here on NikeTalk is like a family, and we didnt want to just kick Rev out of that group. So, we decided that, rather than exclude him entirely from the staff, he could retain his moderator access. Again, since he CHOSE to step down voluntarily and was not REQUIRED to by Puma, he could set the terms for his retirement. He left the access in place to allow him to define his own role and perhaps pitch in with locks, deletions if or when he could spare it. Though he was replaced by Collie, we still consider him a part of the NikeTalk family and include him in staff correspondence. We felt this would be more befitting of the respect we have for Rev than to treat him with mistrust and detachment.

In truth, its no more a conflict of interest than having JumpmanSt serve as both a NikeTalk administrator and the driving force behind $. Rev choosing to delete a picture of his own shoes is no more unethical than JumpmanSt choosing to pin a topic about a Chamber of Fear event in the general forum. So, again, were looking at another hypocritical charge inflated to comic proportions.

If you want to talk about unethical behavior, Steve, look in the mirror. Taking credit for other peoples work, like Kevs feature story, using false names to assume credit for stories, treating other peoples money as a no-interest loan for six months these arent small indiscretions. Each of these charges could warrant legal repercussions.

Its my belief that youve committed crimes here. Its more than a little silly to compare actual crimes to the deletion of a picture or a post on a privately run message board.

You can try to skirt the issue all you like, but comparing your conduct to that of NikeTalk is neither flattering nor favorable to you or your business.

You talk about operating for the love of the game, but actions speak louder than words. For over five years now, the NikeTalk staff has selflessly donated thousands of hours to the upkeep of a community that you, the industry, and everyone reading and visiting this forum has benefited from. Now youre shamelessly trying to make it appear as though were operating under ulterior motivation?

What, Steve? What are we doing this for if NOT for the good of the community? Is it really to my ultimate gain to put up with people like you? Is it really to my ultimate gain to help drive sales for brands that could care less about me? Is it really to my ultimate gain to pour thousands of hours over the course of five years into a community from which I derive no profit?

Youre driven by profit. Im not.

Quote:
The relationship ship probably could have been fixed up a long time ago but neither of us made the effort to do so
The relationship ship has sailed. Youve had the opportunity to comport yourself with class and decency and missed the boat every time. My email address is public knowledge. You could, as you promised following your "dark day on NT" histrionics, approach the staff privately if you have an issue but, instead, you take the low road time and time again.

Ironic, too, that youd accuse me of holding a grudge when you founded the entire I$$ message board as a result of sour grapes stemming from your failure to purchase NikeTalk for the flattering offer of $0 down and $0 a month.

We may work for free, but we're nobody's slaves. Don't ever forget that.

Quote:
And just so you know it isnt free to run the board the board sits on dual servers with dual xeon processors just to keep up with the traffic but I felt so strongly that there needed to be an alternative to NT that I funded the ISS board and will continue to do so because people need to be able to hang out at a place that is more even keel.
We've already gone over why you felt 'so strongly' that there needed to be an alternative. I only wish we'd archived the donation drive post so everyone could see the curious timing between the refusal of your takeover offer and the founding of the I$$ board. You wanted NT for your own at noon and by midnight you'd decided that NT was deeply flawed and a Steve owned alternative was the community's only hope for salvation.

Cut the noble pretenses.
You run the board as an advertisement, as a way to promote your webstore and your magazine. If it were run SOLELY for the benefit of your members, why is this a part of your policy?

Rights to your posts
Instyleshoes reserves the right to edit, reprint, distribute, or delete any posting for any reason and without prior notification or explanation to the author.

Thats right. When you post on InstyleShoes.com, youre basically giving your post to Steves business. He owns the rights to everything you post on the ISS message board. How symbolic is that? Love of the game, huh?

Some people dont mind being used. Some people dont mind writing articles for free, to build up your business without receiving anything but smiles and promises in return. Some people dont mind that every post they make on your community becomes your property.

I mind.

Quote:
One needs to look at the high caliber people who have left this board over the past six months to see that things arent right.

Your opinion of NikeTalk changed the moment you failed to acquire it.

Unlike certain self-professed professors, we cant be bought.

High caliber? Who, Coach Hubie? Dont flatter yourselves. Youre acting as though ISS were teeming with NikeTalk refugees, but we both know the high caliber individual(s) youre referring to are simply those whose opinion of NikeTalk suddenly changed once they landed on your payroll and were granted immediate admin access on your board. If you cant handle being a small fish in a big pond, head over to I$$ and live large like a goldfish in a shot glass.

Truth be told, if we didnt activate membership by approval to CONTROL our growth, youd have far fewer members. Dozens of I$$ members arent on your board because of its superior culture, theyre just waiting for approval.

Quote:
ISS also is testing a new Kicks Exchange program where ISS admins become the middle man to cuts out 100% of the fraud within the ISS market place. It is a pay service but it is not a profit center it is for the community run by the community.
After everything thats happened, you want MORE people to trust you and your staff with THEIR shoes and hard earned money? Whats more, you have the gall to proceed as though its being done for the love of the game when its CLEARLY a service designed to glean still more profit from your captive audience? You must have a terribly insulting view of your customers intelligence.

Quote:
but I will not post again in this thread.
I dont blame you. If you only have one bullet in your clip, best to fire, pray you hit something, and run like hell. You dont want it.

Unfortunately, you still have plenty to answer for and this post wont be taken down until each and every consignment seller has received payment in full. If you really wanted to do the right thing, youd pay them the interest you owe for using THEIR cash to pay YOUR expenses.

You have no excuse for your behavior and if NT has a skeleton in its closet, then youve got a walk-in cemetery.

In most places where stuff gets ignored, (such as complaint emails) the employee gets fired. I guess Steve can't fire his wife or he might get Bobbitted.

Long story short, this he said she said crap is all BS. Niketalk provided the niche for ISS. Sure you can say ISS is the "nicer" message board, but you also have to look at the # of participants. Niketalk has a greater number of users so you are bound to get the misfits. Comparing Niketalk and ISS is like comparing San Francisco to a private condo community. You can say "San Francisco has crime, has dirty streets, has etc.. while the gated community is clean and a great place blah blah blah.

Bottom line, there is no comparison. Niketalk is a free community with people who donate their time and info. ISS is a free msg board with a backing by a guy who makes money off shoes. Not for the love of the game but for the love of money. You can take that to the bank.

Excuses can be made about "this fell through our process". DUDE!
Your process is 5 freaking people. Your wife, you and the other 3 peons you have working for you. How hard is it to miss one email? Pretty easy. How hard is it to miss 5? Pretty hard unless you try.

Maybe most of this money was going into his new venture of creating a sailing business.

www.instyleshoes.com/aboutus.htm

Quote:
Steve and Nicole's next venture is Turtlebones.com. This is a sailing venture which will take him and Nicole to remote parts of the world. A lucky Instyleshoes.com's customer and friend will be invited to cruise in the Virgin Islands with Steve and Nicole for a week next year. Of course during their travels they will be looking for rare shoes for the hunt never stops!

Good thing to know that if they steal your money, at least you can recoup it via a free trip you pay for yourself.

I guess it will be really easy to provide top notch customer service while in Zoombamaba on an island with no internet. Good job Steve.
I honestly could care less about Niketalk vs ISS. The shoe game has fallen off so far that I'm not even collecting anymore. However, to see that the most "legitimate" site on the internet would stoop to tactics like this is wrong. You have no idea where your consignment cash is going to. Towards a magazine, sailing trips, or
paying for the dual xeon servers on ISS's "FREE" message boards.

Simply put this is not NT vs ISS. It's bad business practices vs a member of our community. 5% back with a retort of "it wasn't my fault cause I wasn't minding the store" is a weak response to the issue at hand. You would have to be an idiot to think "Gee thanks Steve, You almost stole my money, borrowed it interest free for 5 months, then gave it back to me and took a 25% cut. Now you offer me the opportunity to allow you to pimp and ***** out my shoes for even more money to be made. And you generously give me 5% more this time. Thanks a bunch"

Christ, you would have to be an idiot to take him up on the offer. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"
Hey Steve, how about "Free consignment for a month to make up for it"

At least OMWN told you he was ripping you off to your face. It insults our intelligence to sweet talk your way out of it and say that you are the savior of the shoe hobby when all you do is make money off it by whoring. You provide a service to collectors everywhere right, with your safe transactions and efforts to jack prices up 30 - 50% over market.

ISS is old. They used to provide Euro exclusives that no one could get. They would also raid Factory outlets and buy out shoes to sell on site. Now they figured out they don't have to go to Europe and Asia to get shoes. They can just have collectors sell their collections and take a 25% cut. I guarantee you that they now make the bulk of their cash off consignment. It's risk free, they don't take inventory and you pay shipping. WHAT RISK IS INVOLVED? Credit card fraud? Don't make me laugh. You just have to get a confirmtion code from the credit card company when you run the number and you are home free. Steve doesn't take ANY risk.

If you really want to shut down ISS then quit giving them product to consign. NO product = NO inventory = NO ISS. Vintagekicks.com died hard the same way. Now that's the truth. I've been here from Day 1 and while NT isn't the intimate community it used to be, at least it isn't backed by a leech. Nuff said.

so wait, this steve guy actually WANTED NIKETALK too?

Quote:
Ironic, too, that youd accuse me of holding a grudge when you founded the entire I$$ message board as a result of sour grapes stemming from your failure to purchase NikeTalk for the flattering offer of $0 down and $0 a month.

So he started ISS i guess; that's crazy, sounds like something out of the bible lol
...so I skillfully apply the pressure, won't stop until I'm forever... one! A door step where death never come, spread across time til my time never done, and I'm never done...

WOW MethodMan got at steve good.With all these shady goings on at instyleshoes and the love of game bull crap.I doubt I will buy another shoe from instyleshoes.Infact I would not mind getting my money back for the rest of the issues of sole collector.But if they can't pay off there resellers on time then I am sure as hell I would have to wait on my undelivered issue money forever.I hate to say this but webstores like 23iswack and uptempoair have a chance to steal instyleshoes thunder.Did the guy that start this post get his money back Yet?
NYC SALE ONLY AIR JORDAN RETRO 1 PATENT LEATHER DEADSTOCK SIZE 8.5 White/Black/Varsity Red Price $130.00 E-mail me at [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom