Iron Man 3 (Movie Thread)-05/03/13 - New Trailer pg12 - Suits on Suits on Suits

You have to be just a straight up ****head, son.

Hopefully your computer catches a virus and crashes, shmuck.

For whoever said that they couldnt do the Mandarin's magic rings, yes they could have. Its been established in the MCU that there are aliens (Avengers) as well as Magic (Thor).

I have been avoiding this thread since I'm planning to see it tomorrow, but why the negative reviews. Did it not live up to people's expectations?
Only if you're easy to please and only in need for the action scenes.

Where did they get the replacement skin for the big hole in his chest? From his ***?

^ never thought about that :lol:

For whoever said that they couldnt do the Mandarin's magic rings, yes they could have. Its been established in the MCU that there are aliens (Avengers) as well as Magic (Thor).

Wondering the same thing

I liked the movie overall, but I just have a couple of gripes

Yeah, the plot definitely seemed to be everywhere a bit. Everyone just appears in Miami from...where exactly? A bit weird.

Also didn't like how they treated The Mandarin as a random side-character, his being one of Iron Man's main villains and all. And I really thought Stark should have gotten the Extremis as he did in the comic book. Waited for that all movie and was pretty disappointed.

Finally, how WEAK are this dude's suits? He was taking crazy hits in Avengers like it was nothing, now all of a sudden he flies into a guard rail and it breaks into pieces? He fell from a damn wormhole in Avengers and he was fine. I really felt like they ruined his power level in this movie...feel like Cap could probably wreck him right now.

Thoughts?

i'm seriously pissed reading twitter trends on this movie with people saying they loved it and it being ******g epic. this movie was trash. and i'm being that harsh because of the potential of what it COULD have been. nothing stands out. nothing gets you guessing. NOTHING catches you by surprise. nothing. i mean to even add a joke on the FINAL battle..
mean.gif

too predictable. too childish. it's EXACTLY what you expect to happen. nothing more, nothing less.

i was thoroughly bored.

buttttttttt, it's still going to make them $$$$$$ and that's allll they care about.

edit:

oh yeah. and that whole airplane scene was W A C K....and that's without even comparing it to the tdkr airplane scene.

iLLest!

Sure bro,
laugh.gif

Thats the exact opposite of what this movie was.

I can understand the hate but predictable?
mean.gif
to be fair, after the major plot twist (glad to see everyone else also thinks it ruined the movie) i found everything pretty predictable. the part with pepper at the end was super predictable.

there are two MAJOR problems with this movie
the obvious one being the mandarin, with his mannerisms and costume he could have been a legendary comic book movie villain on par with joker/bane/loki (not saying that they are equal) but we just get another guy in a suit for our actual villain. 

the second part is that i felt like they could have done ALOT more with the suits, like rather than rushing to add them all in at the end they could have had small sections for each suit. for example he could have needed something from his house which is now in the ocean so he gets in his water deep sea diving suit and goes to find it, or for the plane/skydiving part he jumps in one of his rescue suits and saves everyone. this would have been a lot better than jsut having all the suits being punched into pieces by random mutants.

im also wondering what they do with pepper after this movie, since we have seen in the movie that people with extremis powers are pretty much unkillable and able to defeat ironman, doesnt this mean that pepper pots is now mroe powerful than tony even when he has his suit on? he had a hard time dealing with the fact that there are gods in other worlds that are more powerful than he is, how is he going to handle having his own wife/girlfriend more powerful than he is? and now that she does have powers, cant she become part of the avengers? capt america is my favorite avenger and i hate that tony starks girlfriend now has better powers than he does. 
im sure she got cured of this power, tony implied this that he knew all about it when he was drunk so he can def crack it and remove it from her
i figured that meant that he could stabilize it so she still cant die but she wont blow up randomly and shoot fire out of her mouth

I liked the movie overall, but I just have a couple of gripes

Yeah, the plot definitely seemed to be everywhere a bit. Everyone just appears in Miami from...where exactly? A bit weird.

Also didn't like how they treated The Mandarin as a random side-character, his being one of Iron Man's main villains and all. And I really thought Stark should have gotten the Extremis as he did in the comic book. Waited for that all movie and was pretty disappointed.

Finally, how WEAK are this dude's suits? He was taking crazy hits in Avengers like it was nothing, now all of a sudden he flies into a guard rail and it breaks into pieces? He fell from a damn wormhole in Avengers and he was fine. I really felt like they ruined his power level in this movie...feel like Cap could probably wreck him right now.

Thoughts?
i'm 10000000000% with you on this one. man the whole movie was about "extremis" even within the first couple mins of the film its introduced. I was waiting the whole movie to see the extremis suit. i didn't think mark 42 was the main suit for the whole movie i mean it was cool and all and cool to see iron patriot and the hoard of other suits but basically everything was revealed in the trailers then. even down to the very last couple mins, thought he was just gonna unveal the new suit even if it was just for like a split second. :nerd: but :smh: i was extremely disappointed by that; another thing that kinda killed the movie for me was the mandarin, couldn't believe what they turned the character into. :rolleyes.

the suits did seem especially weak. the lil' mini villains like all the flame people seemed mad weak imo but were able to destroy the suits like it was nothing. then they had every body in the suits man..c'mon like 6 different people operated a suit including the iron patriot suit :smh: i ain't tryna nitpick but i feel the movie coulda been done better.

but if i was just watching the movie for what it is rather than expect exactly how its supposed to be in the comic it's a pretty epic movie, just coulda been executed better though. :rolleyes

Last edited:
Any reason why screen time was given to a random Asain guy in a party scene with no introduction or explanation?

Just got back? IM2 > TS3 :smh:

POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!!!!!!!

What was the point of the kid? He came out of no where!!

Last edited:
Overall, I liked the movie. I did have some problems

1. I did have a problem of how they did the Mandarin dirty. If that was their plan all along with that char, why bother with hiring a good actor. To fool people even further :smh: .
2. Giving Pepper healing factor x 100. Should have kept it simple with the suit.
3. Having Tony throwing the arc reactor in the ocean, seriously?!. THE WHOLE PREMISE in general was about the arc reactor and doode just chucks it like a rock?!
4. Seem like a very abrupt way to end the series.....if they do end it here.

Does Tony have certain Ironman wardrobe? He always wear a black grey shirt and black cargo pants :lol: . Sorry, was just watching The Avengers.

Also, I think RDJ is saying he is tried of portraying Tony/Ironman is because he went from IM2 to The Avengers to IM3 in a short period of time. Hopefully, if he takes some time off from being him, he will be ready to go again :smokin .~

I'm pretty sure the reason people hate this movie is because of the swerve in it. Still a good amount of badass action

^ It's not the "swerve" or twist, supposedly a lot of people saw it coming. I'm assuming your talking about the plot.
It's what they did with the OG material.~

Back
Top Bottom